AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 29 June 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- In June 2021, __________ announced targets to install 60 GW of Renewable Energy Capacity in India by ___________.
1) NTPC Ltd; 2030
2) ReNew Power; 2030
3) Tata Power; 2030
4) ReNew Power; 2032
5) NTPC Ltd; 2032
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) NTPC Ltd; 2032
NTPC Ltd unveiled its target to install 60 GW (or 60,000 MW) of renewable energy capacity (wind and solar) by 2032, as part of its plans to reduce 10% of its net energy intensity. With this, NTPC Ltd became India’s 1st energy company to declare energy compact goals as part of HLDE 2021.
About NTPC Ltd:
CMD – Gurdeep Singh
Established – 1975
Headquarters – New Delhi
- In June 2021, Financial Action Task Force (FATF) released its updated list of countries, where Pakistan remained in the __________ and _________ was removed from the list.
1) Grey List; Malta
2) Black List; Malta
3) Black List; Philippines
4) Grey List; Philippines
5) Grey List; Ghana
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Grey List; Ghana
Pakistan has been retained on the ‘Grey List’ or list of countries under ‘increased monitoring’ by the Financial Action Task Force (FATF), a global terror financing watchdog.
i.FATF also placed Malta, a member of European Union, on the ‘Grey List’ along with countries like Haiti, Philippines and South Sudan.
ii.While Ghana was removed from the FATA Grey List.
- In June 2021, the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) announced a Rs 1860 crores loan for implementing the ‘SALT’ programme. Which Indian state will be benefited through the loan?
4) Andhra Pradesh
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Andhra Pradesh
International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), the lending arm of World Bank Group, had sanctioned a fund of Rs 1,860 crore to Andhra Pradesh for supporting the implementation of the ‘Supporting Andhra’s Learning Transformation’ (SALT) programme.
i.The programme was targeted to provide innovative solutions to the teaching & learning practices followed in Government Schools in Andhra Pradesh.
- Which bank partnered with ArcelorMittal Nippon Steel India to make India’s 1st digitised bill discounting transaction?
1) Kotak Mahindra Bank
2) HDFC Bank
3) ICICI Bank
4) Canara Bank
5) Axis Bank
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) ICICI Bank
ArcelorMittal Nippon Steel (AM/NS) India, an integrated flat carbon steel producer, in partnership with ICICI (Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India) Bank, executed India’s 1st digitised bill discounting transaction.
About ICICI Bank:
Establishment – 1955
MD& CEO – Sandeep Bakhshi
Tagline – Hum hai na, Khayal Apka
- Which organisation partnered (in June’21) with Global Alliance for Mass Entrepreneurship (GAME) to revive the pandemic hit MSME sector?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) SIDBI
In order to address the challenges faced by MSMEs amid COVID-19 and for their revival, a pact has been signed between Global Alliance for Mass Entrepreneurship (GAME) and the Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI).
i.At least 25% of the beneficiaries from the partnership would be women entrepreneurs.
Establishment– April 1990
Headquarter– Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
- Which project was awarded the “Outstanding Civil Engineering Achievement Award” for 2020 by Japan Society of Civil Engineers (JSCE)?
1) Atal Tunnel
2) Delhi Metro
3) The Statue of Unity
4) Bogibeel Bridge
5) Chenab Rail Bridge
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Delhi Metro
Delhi Metro’s Phases I, II and III projects have won the “Outstanding Civil Engineering Achievement Award” for the year 2020 by Japan Society of Civil Engineers (JSCE).
- Which Indian Airport was honoured with the Roll of Excellence in Airport Service Quality for 2021 by the Airport Council International (ACI)?
1) Cochin International Airport
2) Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport
3) Indira Gandhi International Airport
4) Chennai International Airport
5) Kempegowda International Airport
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Cochin International Airport
The Cochin International Airport Limited (CIAL) has won the Airport Council International (ACI) Director General’s Roll of Excellence honour in Airport Service Quality (ASQ) for 2021.
- Who was appointed (in June’21) as the acting Central Vigilance Commissioner?
1) Sanjay Kothari
2) Bimal Julka
3) Suresh N Patel
4) Yashvardhan Kumar Sinha
5) Sushil Chandra
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Suresh N Patel
Vigilance Commissioner Suresh N Patel has been appointed as acting Central Vigilance Commissioner in the Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) with effect June 24, 2021, until the appointment of the central vigilance commissioner.
- Where was India’s 1st Fenton Catalytic Reactor wastewater treatment plant inaugurated?
1) Gurugram, Haryana
2) Noida, Uttar Pradesh
3) Ahmedabad, Gujarat
4) Ropar, Punjab
5) Ongole, Andhra Pradesh
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Ahmedabad, Gujarat
Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani virtually inaugurated India’s 1st Fenton Catalytic Reactor wastewater treatment plant at Vatva GIDC (Gujarat Industrial Development Corporation), Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
- Who is the present (in June’21) Chairman of the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Information technology (IT)?
1) Ravi Shankar Prasad
2) Jairam Ramesh
3) Meenakshi Lekhi
4) Shashi Tharoor
5) Girish Bapat
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Shashi Tharoor
Congress MP, Shashi Tharoor, is the present (in June’21) Chairman of the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Information technology (IT)