We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 29 June 2021, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2021 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs June 2021 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2021 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
NTPC sets Target to Install 60GW of RE Capacity by 2032
- NTPC plans to invest INR 1 trillion between 2019 and 2024 to become a 130 GW power producer by 2032.
- NTPC will form 2 international alliances to facilitate clean energy research and promote sustainability in the energy value chain by 2025.
About NTPC Ltd
formerly known as National Thermal Power Corporation Limited
CMD – Gurdeep Singh
Headquarters – New Delhi
Established – 1975
>>Read Full News
Companies (Accounting Standards) Rules 2021: MCA raised threshold turnover and borrowing limits of SMCs
- This introduction is a supersession of Companies (Accounting Standards) Rules, 2006.
These rules also revised the definition of small and medium companies (SMCs) raising its threshold turnover and borrowing limits i.e.
i.The turnover limit has been increased from Rs 50 crore to not exceeding Rs 250 crore.
ii.The borrowing limit has been increased from Rs 10 crore to not exceeding Rs 50 crore.
i.This decision has been taken to make the threshold turnover and borrowing limits at par with the latest definition of SMC as per the ministry of micro, small & medium enterprises (MSME) and to reflect the existing accounting standards under the Companies Act, 1956, in the 2013 act.
ii.It should be noted that revised limits under the SMC definition apply to SMCs other than banks, financial institutions or insurance companies.Further, any company which is either the holding company or subsidiary of a company that is not an SMC cannot be classified as an SMC.
iii.The notified rules are also in line with the definition of non-corporate entities by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) to promote ease of doing business.
iv.Companies which have a turnover of less than Rs 500 crore and net worth of less than Rs 250 crore, the general purpose accounting standards of ICAI apply. Rest of the companies will follow the Indian accounting standards (IndAS).
Click here for Official Notification
About Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA):
Union Minister– Nirmala Sitharaman (Constituency- Karnataka)
Minister of State (MoS)– Anurag Singh Thakur
About National Financial Reporting Authority (NFRA):
It was constituted in 2018 by the Government of India under Sub Section (1) of section 132 of the Companies Act, 2013.
Chairperson– Rangachari Sridharan
Headquarter– New Delhi
Pakistan remains in FATF’s ‘Grey List’
Pakistan has been retained on the ‘Grey List’ or list of countries under ‘increased monitoring’ by the Financial Action Task Force (FATF), a global terror financing watchdog. It has been retained due to its inability to prosecute the top leadership of UN Security Council-designated Terror groups.
- FATF also placed Malta, a member of European Union, on the ‘Grey List’ along with countries like Haiti, Philippines and South Sudan.
- FATF confirmed in its update that as of 25 June 2021, Ghana had been removed from the FATF List of Jurisdictions under Increased Monitoring (Grey list).
- It was announced during the 4th Plenary session of FATF held under the German Presidency of Dr. Marcus Pleyer from June 21-25, 2021.
Grey List and its consequences:
Countries that are considered safe haven for supporting terror funding and money laundering are put in the FATF grey list. The consequences are problems in getting loans from IMF, World Bank and other international agencies; reduction in international trade; International Boycott.
- Since being placed on the ‘Grey List’ in 2018, Pakistan has reportedly faced economic losses worth USD 38 billion.
BANKING & FINANCE
World Bank Approved Rs 1,860 crore Loan for Implementation of SALT Programme in Andhra Pradesh
- Objective: To transform the state’s government schools into a vibrant and competitive one by improving their quality of teaching practices, learning outcomes, and school management in basic education.
- It is a 5-year project and it will be implemented from the academic year 2021-22 to 2026-27.
- Other important initiatives under the programme include Curriculum reforms, improved classroom practices, professional development of teachers.
- Mana Badi Nadu-Nedu, an initiative which is intended to improve the infrastructure facilities of the state’s Government schools is also implemented under the SALT programme.
About International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD):
Establishment – 1944
Headquarters – Washington DC, USA
Member countries – 189
>>Read Full News
AM/NS India along with ICICI Bank Executed India’s 1st Paperless Bill Discounting Transaction
- The end-to-end electronic transaction was held between AMNS India(Seller), Vijay Tanks(Buyer), with ICICI Bank as an intermediary between the buyer and seller.
- The transaction includes the digital issuance of a letter of credit (LC), advisory, and presentation of documents.
- ICICI Bank’s branch in Baroda, Gujarat, issued an LC for the buyer Vijay Tanks, while its branch at Hazira, Gujarat advised and negotiated for the seller AMNS India.
- As per the terms of the LC, AMNS India was required to present the documents digitally to ICICI Bank evidencing the transaction flow.
About ICICI Bank:
Establishment – 1955(Incorporated in 1994)
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
MD& CEO – Sandeep Bakhshi
Tagline – Hum hai na, Khayal Apka
>>Read Full News
Kotak Mahindra Bank launched ‘Pay Your Contact’ service in its Mobile app
Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd. (KMBL) has launched a new feature namely ‘Pay Your Contact’ in its mobile banking app. This enables its customers to send money or make payments to any of their contacts across all payment apps simply by the beneficiary’s mobile number.
- This means there is no requirement of account number or IFSC (Indian Financial System Code) or Unified Payments Interface (UPI) IDs for transactions.
- Pay Your Contact service uses the UPI platform.
RBI Extended Restrictions on PMC Bank Till December 2021
The Reserve Bank of India(RBI) has extended the regulatory restrictions on Punjab and Maharashtra Cooperative (PMC) Bank by another six months till December 2021 to enable the completion of its takeover by Centrum Financial Services.
- Earlier Centrum Financial Services has got ‘in-principle’ approval to set up a small finance bank to pave way for the takeover of PMC bank.
- RBI had superseded the board of PMC Bank and placed it under regulatory restrictions since September 2019.
Mastercard Partners with Instamojo to Empower MSMEs and Gig Workers
- The solutions will support the MSMEs to get digitized by setting up online stores, that are equipped with digital payment acceptance capabilities (to reach customers under COVID-19).
- The virtual platform will provide a fully functional online store with in-built shipping capabilities, marketing tools and other value-added services such as logistics and credit facilities.
- Mastercard committed Rs 250 crores in 2020 to support small businesses in India.
Headquarters – New York, U.S.
CEO – Michael Miebach
>>Read Full News
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
GAME-SIDBI joined hands to revive MSMEs suffered amid Pandemic
ii.As per the agreement, at least 25% of the beneficiaries from the partnership would be women entrepreneurs.
About Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI).
Establishment– April 1990
Operated by– Department of Financial Services,, Ministry of Finance.
Chairman & Managing Director (CMD)– Sivasubramanian Ramann
Headquarter– Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
About Global Alliance for Mass Entrepreneurship (GAME):
Founders– Ravi Venkatesan, Madan Padaki and Mekin Maheshwari
Headquarter– Bengaluru, Karnataka
>>Read Full News
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
Delhi Metro Won Japan Society of Civil Engineers Award
i.The Delhi Metro’s project was termed as high-quality Infrastructure development project by JSCE.
ii.Delhi Metro’s projects were recognised for bringing awareness of safety and efficiency at construction sites in India and providing safe and comfortable transportation for residents.
iii.This award is given to selective projects in the field of civil engineering technology development across the world.
iv.Earlier,the Japan International Cooperation Agency’s (JICA) post-evaluation study rated Delhi Metro’s project execution capability at ‘3’, which is the highest possible grade indicating that the performance was excellent.
Cochin International Airport Won ACI’s Roll of Excellence Honour in ASQ
i.CIAL has won the Roll of Excellence honour for its consistent excellence in customer service, it became one among the 6 airports worldwide that received the recognition of 2020.
ii.Roll of Excellence: It was an honour established by ACI to recognise the airports that have consistently delivered excellent services (based on the opinion of the passengers through a survey).
iii.CIAL Managing Director S Suhas mentioned the ACI’s service quality programmes that have helped the airport officials to ensure international standards in airport operations management.
iv.The awards were scheduled to be presented at the ACI Customer Experience Global Summit which will be held on September 9, 2021, in Montreal, Canada.
v.In March 2021, CIAL won the ACI’s World’s Voice of the Customer initiative award for the health and safety practises it implemented under COVID-19.
Note – CIAL has consecutively won 5 ASQ awards over the past 5 years.
About Cochin International Airport Limited (CIAL):
Location – Cochin, Kerala
Chairman – Pinarayi Vijayan, Chief Minister of Kerala
Managing Director – S. Suhas
About Airport Council International (ACI):
It is the only global trade representative of the world’s airports.
Establishment – 1991
Headquarters – Montreal, Canada
Director General – Luis Felipe de Oliveira
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
Suresh N Patel Appointed as Central Vigilance Commissioner
- He succeeded Sanjay Kothari whose term ended on June 23,2021.
About Suresh N Patel:
i.Suresh N Patel is currently serving as the Vigilance commissioner in CVC.
ii.Prior to this,he served as the Managing Director and CEO of Andhra Bank in 2015.
iii.Also he worked as the executive director in Oriental Bank of Commerce.
iv.He had been a member of the management committee of Indian Banks’ Association and member of Bankers’ Institute of Rural Development at NABARD.
About Central Vigilance Commission (CVC):
The commission is headed by the Central Vigilance Commissioner and can have a maximum of two vigilance commissioners.
Formed: February 1964
Headquarters: New Delhi
Former Infosys CEO SD Shibu Lal to head task force for bureaucratic reforms
- The task force will submit its recommendations in the form of periodic/interim reports within a period of six months.
Other members of task force:
i.Govind Iyer, Consultant at global management consulting group Egon Zehnder
ii.Pankaj Bansal, Co-founder and Group CEO of HR tech company PeopleStrong
iii.Adil Zainulbhai, chairman designate, Capacity Building Commission, Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) will act as a special invitee to the discussions of the task force.
What is Mission Karmayogi?
It is a Central Government’s National Programme for Civil Services Capacity Building (NPCSCB). It aims to upgrade the post-recruitment training mechanism of the civil servants at all levels by transforming rule-based training to role-based capacity development in order to enhance citizen experience for government services.
- For the effective roll out of this mission, a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV), namely Karmayogi Bharat, would be set up as a not-for-profit company under section 8 of Companies Act, 2013 as a 100% government-owned entity.
Responsibilities of task force:
i.It will make recommendations on organisational structure for the above mentioned SPV, policy frameworks for HR (Human Resource), compensation, IT (Information Technology), procurement and oversight functions, and staffing plans for top management.
ii.The task force is free to constitute working groups, co-opt additional members/experts/special invitees, and can consult relevant national and international leaders.
Central Govt Extended Attorney General KK Venugopal’s Term by 1 Year
On June 28, 2021, the Central Government extended the tenure of Attorney General (AG), K K Venugopal by 1 year till June 30, 2022.
About KK Venugopal:
i.He became the 15th AG of India by replacing AG Mukul Rohatgie on July 1, 2017. His actual term was about 3 years and this was the second time that the centre is extending the tenure of AG as his tenure was extended by 1 year in June 2020.
ii.He was being the incharge of the central govt’s legal defence in several sensitive cases pending in the Supreme Court such as the constitutional challenge to dilution of Article 370 of the constitution and Citizenship Amendment Act, the central govt’s management of the COVID-19, the case challenging Section 124-A of the penal code that criminalises sedition, etc.
iii.Recently he represented the Government of India (GoI) in a case which led to the cancellation of Class 12 exams due to COVID-19 and the framing of an internal assessment scheme for the CBSE and the ICSE to evaluate the marks of students.
iv.Awards: Padma Bhushan in 2002, and Padma Vibhushan in 2015.
Note – AG is the highest law officer in India he will be assisted by Solicitor General of India, the 2nd law officer of the country, and the Additional Solicitor General of India.
About Attorney General (AG):
i.Appointment: AG, who is the chief legal adviser of GoI will be appointed by the President of India on the advice of the Union Cabinet under Article 76(1) of the Constitution.
ii.Tenure: No fixed term, AG will hold office during the pleasure of the President (i.e. He could be removed by the President at any time).
iii.Eligibility Criteria: He must have been a Judge of a High Court or two or more than two such courts for at least 5 years (or) an advocate of some high court for 10 years, or an eminent jurist in the opinion of the President.
iv.Functions: Need to advise the GoI upon legal matters that are referred by the President. Need to represent the GoI in supreme court (in reference by President).
ACQUISITIONS & MERGERS
Hdfc Bank Acquired 7.4% Stake in Virtuoso Infotech
HDFC Bank, India’s largest private sector bank and its subsidiary HDFC Securities Limited has acquired a 7.4 percent stake in Virtuoso Infotech Pvt. Ltd., an enterprise software solutions company.
- The acquisition was held through Virtuoso Infotech’s 1st announcement of investment fundraising on June 28, 2021.
i.Virtuoso Infotech specializes in product engineering and offers customized software solutions for enterprises of different sectors using Data Analytics and Machine Learning.
ii.The different sectors include Hospitality, Finance, Media, Religious Institutions, Communities, Cloud Computing, Food & Travel industries, etc.
iii.Through the acquisition, Virtuoso Infotech is becoming a reliable software technology partner to digitize under-served and under-penetrated segments using digital solutions. It will also serve the diversified needs of the banking and securities business.
About Virtuoso Infotech Pvt. Ltd.:
Establishment – 2011
Headquarters – Pune, Maharashtra
CEO – Preeti Nahar
About HDFC Bank:
MD & CEO – Sashidhar Jagdishan
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
Tagline – We understand your world
Chatbot – Eva
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
Thawaarchand Gehlot Launches Website for Nasha Mukt Bharat Abhiyaan
i.To commemorate the International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking, MoSJE organized a 6-day Nasha Mukt Bharat Summit from June 21-26, 2021.
- The website for NMBA contains detailed information about the scheme and its activities, it provides IEC (Information, Education & Communication) resource material and information on institutions set up by the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment (MoSJE) with the aim of Drug Demand reduction.
- Several initiatives like special Nasha Mukt Bharat Summit Edition of Monthly newsletter, short film on NMBA depicting the activities undertaken for the Abhiyaan were also launched during the summit.
ii.MoSJE is the nodal ministry for Drug Demand Reduction. It implements various programmes for drug abuse prevention across India.
Nasha Mukt Bharat Abhiyaan (NMBA)
NMBA or ‘Drugs-Free India Campaign’ was launched on 15th August, 2020 across 272 districts of India, which were found to be the most vulnerable districts in India for drug usage.
About Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment (MoSJE)
Union Minister – Thaawarchand Gehlot (Madhya Pradesh)
Minister of State – Shri Krishan Pal Gurjar(Faridabad, Haryana); Shri Ramdas Athawale (Maharashtra); Shri Rattan Lal Kataria (Ambala, Haryana)
>>Read Full News
DRDO Test Fires ‘Agni-P’ – Advanced Variant of Agni Class of Missiles
- It is a canisterised missile and has a range capability between 1,000 and 2,000 kms.
- The missile has been designed and developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
- Canisterisation of missiles (processing of putting firepower into metal containers) reduces the time required to launch the missile, while improving its storage and mobility.
Note – The Strategic Forces Command (SFC) which is part of India’s Nuclear Command Authority (NCA) is responsible for the management and administration of India’s tactical and strategic nuclear weapons stockpile.
Agni Class of Missiles
Agni is a family of medium to intercontinental range ballistic missiles developed by DRDO.
About Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)
Chairman – Dr G Satheesh Reddy
Headquarters – New Delhi
>>Read Full News
New Plant Species ‘Sida Keralensis’ Identified from Wastelands of Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
- It belongs to the Genus ‘Sida’ & family ‘Malvaceae’. It is similar to Sida scabrida but differs in physical characteristics.
- The discovery of new species takes the number of species in the genus Sida endemic to India from 6 to 7.
- Team of Researchers from JNTBGRI – S. Santhosh Kumar, S. Shailajakumari, A.K. Sreekala and R. Prakash Kumar (Director, JNTBGRI) and Parthipan B. of S.T. Hindu College, Nagercoil, Tamil Nadu.
Characteristics of Sida Keralensis
It is an erect branched subshrub, which grows to a height of 40-80 cm.
The stems are greenish or slightly purple-tinged. It has 2 mm-long, brownish black seeds and striking yellow flowers.
22 Genus Sida Species in India
The Genus Sida has around 250 species in the tropical and subtropical regions of the world. Out of which 22 can be found in India.
- Sida Rhombifolia, a closely related species of Sida Keralensis is used as Kurumthotti for the treatment of medical conditions in Ayurveda.
Discovery of New Plant Subspecies – Rungia Longifolia Subsp. Keralensis
A team of researchers from JNTBRI & University of Kerala discovered a new plant subspecies from the Western Ghats named ‘Rungia Longifolia Subsp. Keralensis’, it belongs to the Rungia Longifolia herb species, endemic to Sri Lanka. The discovery has been published in ‘Abrahamia’, an International Journal of Plant Sciences.
- The subspecies has been classified under the Acanthaceae plant family.
- Team – S Santhosh Kumar and Sam P Mathew of the JNTBRI, R Jagadeesan of the Department of Botany at Kerala University and A Gangaprasad, Director of the department’s Centre for Biodiversity Conservation
About Jawaharlal Nehru Tropical Botanic Garden and Research Institute (JNTBGRI)
Director – Dr R Prakashkumar
Location – Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
F1: Max Verstappen wins Styrian Grand Prix 2021;Fabio Quartararo wins Dutch MotoGP 2021
- In MotoGP, Yamaha’s Fabio Quartararo (France) won the Dutch MotoGP 2021 held at TT Circuit Assen, Assen, Netherlands.
F1 Styrian Grand Prix 2021
- Mercedes drivers Lewis Hamilton (Britain) & Valtteri Bottas (Finland) finished 2nd and 3rd respectively.
- With this victory, Verstappen has increased the lead over Lewis Hamilton in the 2021 F1 Drivers Championship to 18 points.
- Verstappen had also finished 1st in the French GP 2021 held on June 22, 2021. So Far, Verstappen has taken 49 podiums.
- The F1 Championships are organised by Federation Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA).
MotoGP – Dutch MotoGP 2021
Fabio Quartararo’s win at Dutch MotoGP 2021 is his 4th win in the 2021 season.
- Yamaha’s Maverick Vinales (Spain) finished 2nd while Suzuki Ecstar’s Joan Mir (Spain) finished 3rd in the race.
- Quartararo is at the top of the 2021 MotoGP Drivers Championship followed by Pramac Racing’s Johann Zarco (France).
- The MotoGP championships are organized by Federation Internationale de Motocyclisme (FIM).
About Federation Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA)
President – Jean Todt
Headquarters – Paris, France
About Federation Internationale de Motocyclisme (FIM)
President – Jorge Viegas
Headquarters – Mies, Switzerland
Laurel Hubbard: First transgender athlete to compete at Olympics
New Zealand’s Laurel Hubbard has become the first ever transgender athlete picked to compete at an Olympics, She will compete in the women’s 87-kg weightlifting category for Tokyo Olympics 2020. Hubbard has satisfied the IOC’s requirements for trans women.
Note*Those who transition from female to male are eligible to compete in the male category without restriction.
BOOKS & AUTHORS
CJI Ramana Released Justice R V Raveendran’s Book ‘Anomalies In Law And Justice’
- The former Chief Justice of India M N Venkatachaliah, former Supreme Court judge B N Srikrishna, and senior advocate Arvind Datar also attended the virtual book-release event.
About the Book:
i.This Book is based on Evolving Legal System
ii.It explains various deficiencies in the law which are required to be overcome, so that the common man does not lose faith in the judiciary and the legal system.
iii.The book is divided into two parts. The first part is addressed to the common man, along with judges and lawyers. The second part is specifically addressed to lawyers and judges.
About JusticeRV Raveendran:
i.Justice R. V. Raveendran is a former judge of the Supreme Court of India.
ii.He retired on 14 October 2011, upon reaching superannuation.
iii.He has seen several high-profile cases like the OBC reservation, 1993 Bombay bombings and the Krishna Godavari basin dispute.
“Growing Up Biden”: A Memoir by U.S. President’s Sister Valerie Biden Owen
A new book titled “Growing Up Biden”, a memoir to be written by Valerie Biden Owen,who is the sister of Joe Biden,The President of United States of America(USA) will be released on April,2022.
- It will be published by Celadon Books,which is a division of Macmillan Publishers.
- The book will be about the author’s childhood as the only girl among four siblings, how her equation with her elder brother evolved over the years and her “trailblazing, decades-long professional relationship” with Joe Biden.
Micro-, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises Day 2021- 27 June
The theme of MSME Day 2021 is “MSME 2021: Key to an inclusive and sustainable recovery”.
i.The United Nations General Assembly(UNGA) adopted the resolution A/RES/71/279 on 6th April 2017 and proclaimed the 27th June of every year as Micro-, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises Day.
ii.The International Trade Centre is the leading agency of the observance of the MSME day.
>>Read Full News
World Allergy Week – 13-19 June 2021
The World Allergy Week is an annual initiative of the World Allergy Organization (WAO).
The theme of the World Allergy Week 2021 is “Anaphylaxis: Be Aware.Be prepared.Save lives”.
i.In association with the biennial World Allergy Congress, the WAO hosted World Allergy Day was first observed in July 2005.
ii.Following the recommendations of WAO Member Societies and other associates of WAO, to expand the scope of World Allergy Day, the WAO Board of Directors approved the establishment of World Allergy Week in 2011.
iii.The First World Allergy Week was observed in 2011.
About World Allergy Organization (WAO):
President– Motohiro Ebisawa
President-elect– Bryan Martin
Secretary-general– Mário Morais-Almeida
Headquarters– Milwaukee, United States of America
>>Read Full News
National Insurance Awareness Day 2021 – 28 June
To spread knowledge about insurance and its benefits.
Importance of Insurance:
i.The insurance offers security, covering loved ones, and recovering losses in the event of damage, illness, or death.
ii.Insurance enables mitigation of losses, financial stability and promotes trade and commerce activities that result in sustainable economic growth and development.
>>Read Full News
Aditya Nath Das : Andhra Pradesh Chief Secretary Gets 3-Month Extension
- He is due to retire from service on June 30 on attaining the age of superannuation.
i.Extension of service of Das by three months was given under Rule 16(1) of AIS (DCRB) Rules, 1958.
ii.Andhra Pradesh government on May 17, 2021 had requested the centre to extend his service.
iii.Aditya Nath Das is a 1987 batch IAS officer and took charge as the Chief Secretary from Nilam Sawhney on December 31, 2020.
About Andhra Pradesh:
Governor: Biswabhusan Harichandan
Chief minister: YS Jagan Mohan Reddy
Gujarat CM Inaugurates India’s 1st Fenton Catalytic Reactor Wastewater Treatment Plant
i.It has a capacity of 30 MLD (Million Litres per day) and has been set up by the Green Environment Services Co-operative Society Ltd (GESCSL) at a cost of INR 70 crore.
- The plant will cater to the needs of at least 700 industrial units.
- With this, the Vatva GIDC premises will become 100% compliant to effluent discharge norms of the Gujarat Pollution Control Board.
ii.At present, Gujarat has 35 Common Effluent Treatment Plants (CETPs) which have the capacity to treat 750 million litres of industrial wastewater per day. The government plans to set up further 19 CETPs in future.
iii.Gujarat had launched Emissions Trading Scheme in 2019 in Surat to bring down air pollution, it has resulted in 20% reduction in harmful Particulate Matter in the air.
Chief Minister – Vijay Rupani
Governor – Acharya Devvrat
Capital – Gandhinagar
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 29 June 2021|
|1||NTPC sets Target to Install 60GW of RE Capacity by 2032|
|2||Companies (Accounting Standards) Rules 2021: MCA raised threshold turnover and borrowing limits of SMCs|
|3||Pakistan remains in FATF’s ‘Grey List’|
|4||World Bank Approved Rs 1,860 crore Loan for Implementation of SALT Programme in Andhra Pradesh|
|5||AM/NS India along with ICICI Bank Executed India’s 1st Paperless Bill Discounting Transaction|
|6||Kotak Mahindra Bank launched ‘Pay Your Contact’ service in its Mobile app|
|7||RBI Extended Restrictions on PMC Bank Till December 2021|
|8||Mastercard Partners with Instamojo to Empower MSMEs and Gig Workers|
|9||GAME-SIDBI joined hands to revive MSMEs suffered amid Pandemic|
|10||Delhi Metro Won Japan Society of Civil Engineers Award|
|11||Cochin International Airport Won ACI’s Roll of Excellence Honour in ASQ|
|12||Suresh N Patel Appointed as Central Vigilance Commissioner|
|13||Former Infosys CEO SD Shibu Lal to head task force for bureaucratic reforms|
|14||Central Govt Extended Attorney General KK Venugopal’s Term by 1 Year|
|15||Hdfc Bank Acquired 7.4% Stake in Virtuoso Infotech|
|16||Thawaarchand Gehlot Launches Website for Nasha Mukt Bharat Abhiyaan|
|17||DRDO Test Fires ‘Agni-P’ – Advanced Variant of Agni Class of Missiles|
|18||New Plant Species ‘Sida Keralensis’ Identified from Wastelands of Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala|
|19||F1: Max Verstappen wins Styrian Grand Prix 2021;Fabio Quartararo wins Dutch MotoGP 2021|
|20||Laurel Hubbard: First transgender athlete to compete at Olympics|
|21||CJI Ramana Released Justice R V Raveendran’s Book ‘Anomalies In Law And Justice’|
|22||“Growing Up Biden”: A Memoir by U.S. President’s Sister Valerie Biden Owen|
|23||Micro-, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises Day 2021- 27 June|
|24||World Allergy Week – 13-19 June 2021|
|25||National Insurance Awareness Day 2021 – 28 June|
|26||Aditya Nath Das : Andhra Pradesh Chief Secretary Gets 3-Month Extension|
|27||Gujarat CM Inaugurates India’s 1st Fenton Catalytic Reactor Wastewater Treatment Plant|