AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 28 January 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Our Current Affairs January 2021 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
Top 10 Questions Based on Current Affairs 28 January 2021
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Where is ‘Wahrew Bridge’, India’s Longest Steel Arch Bridge located?
5) Jammu & KashmirAnswer-2) Meghalaya
On January 22, 2021, Meghalaya Chief Minister Conrad Sangma inaugurated India’s Longest Steel Arch Bridge ‘Wahrew Bridge’ at Tharia Village in Meghalaya. The 169-metre-long bridge connects Bholaganj & Sohbar to Nongjri in East Khasi Hills and runs over the river Wahrew. INR 49.395 Crore, which was allocated under the Non Lapsable Central Pool of Resources (NLCPR) Scheme of the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region (M-DoNER). NLCPR was initiated in 1998 to boost the infrastructure sector of the North Eastern Region.
- What was the average daily intake of salt, as per the findings of 1st National Non-Communicable Disease (NCD) Monitoring Survey (NNMS)?
1) 10 gm
2) 12 gm
3) 15 gm
4) 8 gm
5) 5 gmAnswer-4) 8 gm
On 25th January, 2021, Dr Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister for Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW) virtually attended the Foundation day celebrations & Launch of Decadal year of the ICMR-NCDIR, Bengaluru, Karnataka. National Non-Communicable Disease (NCD) Monitoring Survey (NNMS) 2017-18, 1st of its kind complete survey on NCDs using standardised tools & methods. Average Daily intake of salt was 8 gms, which is higher than the World Health Organization (WHO) recommended level of 5 Grams/day. High Salt Consumption leads to raised Blood Pressure (BP) & increases the risk of heart diseases.
- In January 2021, Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla inaugurated the 5-day Bharat Parv-2021, a virtual National Festival at New Delhi. What was the core idea behind Bharat Parv?
1) Fight against inequality
2) Technically Support MSME
3) Promote Tourism
4) Provide incentive to MSME
5) Promote Tribal Culture and ProductsAnswer-3) Promote Tourism
On 26th January, 2021, Lok Sabha (LS) Speaker Om Birla inaugurated the 5-day Bharat Parv-2021, a virtual National Festival at New Delhi. The Festival being held from January 26-31, 2021 will take place on a virtual platform – http://www.bharatparv2021.com/ due to the Pandemic. Bharat Parv is an annual event being organized by the Ministry of Tourism since 2016. The overall theme of Bharat Parv will also be focused towards Aatmanirbhar Bharat and Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat.
- Which country’s Triservice force Contingent participated in India’s 72nd Republic Day Parade?
1) Sri Lanka
5) VietnamAnswer-3) Bangladesh
For the 1st time, a 122-member Bangladeshi Triservice force Contingent participated in the 72nd Republic Day Parade. The Bangladeshi forces participated in the parade to commemorate 50 years of its Liberation, in which India played a major part.
- Which information technology services company partnered with Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) to establish FCA’s 1st global digital hub in India?
4) Tech Mahendra
5) ZohoAnswer-1) Wipro
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV (FCA) will invest $250 million to grow its presence in India with the launch of four new sport utility vehicles (SUVs) under its Jeep brand over the next two years. Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) had chosen the leading global information technology services company “Wipro Limited” to establish its first global digital hub in India. Known as FCA ICT India, the digital hub will be built in Hyderabad.
- Which country hosted the virtual international Climate Adaptation Summit (CAS Online) 2021?
5) FranceAnswer-3) Netherland
On January 25, 2021, the Government of Netherlands hosted a virtual international Climate Adaptation Summit (CAS Online) 2021 with a support of Global Center on Adaptation (GCA) from Amsterdam, Netherlands. From India, the summit was addressed by Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi. India is targeting 450 Gigawatt (GW) of renewable energy capacity by the year 2030. LED lights are being promoted, which saves 38 million tons of carbondioxide emissions annually
- Which company was India’s biggest Overseas investor, as per RBI’s data (as of Jan 2021)?
1) ONGC Videsh Ltd
2) Tata Consultancy Services
3) Coal India Ltd
4) Reliance Industries
5) Steel Authority of India LtdAnswer-1) ONGC Videsh Ltd
In accordance with the RBI data, overseas investment by domestic firms fell by over 42% to USD 1.45 billion in December 2020 in comparison to USD 2.51 billion in December 2019. Major Overseas Investors of India: ONGC Videsh Ltd invested a total of USD 131.85 million, Intas Pharmaceuticals invested USD 75.22 million, Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) invested USD 27.77 million. The apex bank released the 3rd “Booklet on Payment Systems” covering the journey of Payment and Settlement Systems in India from the beginning of 2010 till the end of 2020.
- Which Insurance company launched the ‘Krishi Sakha App’, that provides Farming related information’s?
1) New India Assurance
2) HDFC Life Insurance
3) Bharti AXA General Insurance
4) Life Insurance Corporation of India
5) The Oriental Insurance CompanyAnswer-3) Bharti AXA General Insurance
On January 27, 2021, Bharti AXA General Insurance launched Krishi Sakha App, a one-stop-shop for Indian farmers that offers them relevant information to cater their daily farming needs. It also provides guidance to farmers to adopt best farming practices and enhance their productivity. The farmers through this app will also have access to the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY) portal for crop insurance related information. Bharti AXA General Insurance is a joint venture company has a 51% stake from Bharti Enterprises and 49% stake of the AXA Group.
- Which country has the world’s largest current account surplus, as of January 2021?
5) GermanyAnswer-1) China
Germany’s current account surplus shrank for the fifth year in a row in 2020 as China overtook Europe’s biggest economy during the COVID-19 pandemic to run the world’s largest current account surplus. China’s current account surplus doubled to $310 billion, Germany’s current account surplus shrank to $261 billion while Japan came in third with a current account surplus of $158 billion.
- Who was the only foreigner to receive Padma Vibhushan Award in 2021?
1) Recep Tayyip Erdoğan
2) Donald Trump
3) Shinzo Abe
4) Boris Johnson
5) Angela MerkelAnswer-3) Shinzo Abe
On January 25, 2021 Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India announced the Padma Awards 2021. This year a total of 119 Padma awards including 1 duo case were awarded.
Field Name Country Public Affairs Shinzo Abe Japan Medicine Dr. Belle Monappa Hegde Karnataka, India Others- Spiritualism Maulana Wahiduddin Khan Delhi, India Others- Archaeology B. B. Lal