AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 28 February 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Where was the 2nd edition of Khelo India National Winter Games 2021 held?
3) Himachal Pradesh
4) Jammu & Kashmir
Answer-4) Jammu & Kashmir
On February 26, 2021, PM Narendra Modi virtually inaugurated the 2nd Edition of Khelo India National Winter Games 2021 in Gulmarg, Jammu & Kashmir (J&K). The 2021 edition of Khelo India Winter games is organized by J&K Sports Council & Winter Games Association of J&K under the aegis of the Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports. Mata Vaishno Devi sports complex in Katra, J&K has been given Khelo India academy accreditation.
- Which country virtually hosted 2021’s BRICS Sherpas meeting?
4) South Africa
India virtually held the inaugural 3-day long Sherpas meeting from February 24-26, 2021. This is the 1st Sherpas meeting hosted by India after it assumed the 2021 BRICS (Brazil-Russia-India-China-South Africa) Chairship. The main focus of the meeting was Cultural & people-to-people engagement. In 2021, New Development Bank’s (NDB) regional offices would be opened in Russia & India & NDB’s membership is also set to be expanded.
- Where is India’s 1st Undersea Tunnel constructed?
1) Kolkata, West Bengal
2) Dwarka, Gujarat
3) Mumbai, Maharashtra
4) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
5) Kanyakumari, Tamil Nadu
Answer-3) Mumbai, Maharashtra
Two undersea tunnels are under construction in Mumbai city, as a part of the 10.58 kms long, Mumbai’s Coastal Road Project. Notably, this is India’s 1st Undersea Tunnel which will come to operation by 2023.The tunnel is constructed at 20m below the seabed connecting North Mumbai with South Mumbai, as a toll-free path easing up traffic. The tunnel uses 1st of its kind Ventilation system, “Saccardo” that constantly monitors emission levels inside the tunnel, and drives out the gases with air jet & ventilation fans.
- Recently (in Feb’21) Aviation Minister, Hardeep Singh Puri highlighted the potential of India to become the World’s 3rd Biggest Civil Aviation Market in overall terms by 2024 during the India Aircraft Leasing Summit 2021. Where was the summit held?
5) New Delhi
Answer-5) New Delhi
During the India Aircraft Leasing Summit-2021, Minister of State (I/C) for Civil Aviation, Hardeep Singh Puri stated that India is set to emerge as World’s 3rd Biggest Civil Aviation Market in overall terms by 2024. The India Aircraft Leasing Summit 2021 was held at Vigyan Bhavan Convention Centre, New Delhi. The theme of the summit was ‘Rupee Raftaar’. In the Union Budget 2021-22, a Tax Holiday on capital gains & tax exemption for aircraft lease rentals paid to foreign lessors for doing so in GIFT City, Ahmedabad was announced.
- Which organisation signed (in Feb’21) an MoU with National Health Authority (NHA) to provide PVC based ‘Ayushman cards’ that will replace the existing paper-based cards?
1) Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
3) Ministry of AYUSH
5) Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare
Answer-1) Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
On February 19, 2021 The National Health Authority (NHA) has signed an MoU with Common Service Centres (CSCs) under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology(MeitY) to generate new Polyvinyl Chloride(PVC)beneficiary cards called ‘Ayushman cards’ under the Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY). Ayushman cards are replacement of paper-based cards.
- Which country received a USD 7.35 mn worth Line of Credit (LOC) from Export-Import Bank of India (Exim Bank) in February 2021?
On February 26, 2021 The Export-Import Bank of India (Exim Bank), on behalf of the Government of India, extended 5 Line of Credit (LOC) with total value of USD 7.35 million (about 54 crore) to the Government of the Republic of Nicaragua. These LOCs cover projects in the Power and Healthcare sectors in Nicaragua.
Export-Import Bank of India (Exim Bank) was established in 1982.
- Who recently (in Feb’21), became the MD & CEO of the Central Bank of India?
1) Matam Venkata Rao
2) Pallav Mahaparta
3) Rajkiran Rai G
4) Vikram Pandit
5) Subramanian Sundar
Answer-1) Matam Venkata Rao
The Central Government has appointed Matam Venkata Rao, the Executive Director of Canara Bank as the new Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of the Central Bank of India for a period of 3 years. He replaces Pallav Mahaparta, the MD & CEO of Central Bank of India who retires on 28th February 2021.
Central Bank of India was the 1st Indian commercial bank which was wholly owned and managed by Indians.
It was established in 1911.
- Currently (as of Feb’21), Consumer Grievance Redressal portal, “E-Daakhil” is operational in 15 states/UTs across India. Which is the 1st State/ UT to implement e-filing through “E-Daakhil”?
3) New Delhi
Answer-3) New Delhi
‘E-Daakhil’ portal which was launched by National Consumer Dispute Redressal Commission (NCDRC) in September, 2020 for Consumer Grievance Redressal (e-filing) is now operational in 15 States/UTs across India. “edaakhil.nic.in” has been developed by the National Informatics Centre (NIC). Delhi was the 1st state to implement e-filing.
- Recently (in Feb’21), Indian Cricketer Yusuf Pathan announced his retirement. Which is the unique record held by him?
1) Fastest Test Century by an Indian
2) Maximum Sixes hit by a player in an IPL season
3) Fastest 50 by an Indian in Test Cricket
4) Fastest Century by an Indian in IPL
5) Maximum No of Golden Ducks by an Indian
Answer-4) Fastest Century by an Indian in IPL
Former Indian Cricketer & All-Rounder Yusuf Pathan has announced retirement from all forms of Cricket at the age of 38. He has represented India in 57 ODIs & 22 T20Is scoring 1046 runs & 46 wickets across the 2 formats. He holds the record for the fastest century (off 37 balls) by an Indian in IPL.
- Who authored the book, “Unfinished: A Memoir”?
1) Deepika Padukone
2) Anil Kapoor
3) Naseeruddin Shah
4) Priyanka Chopra
5) Aishwarya Rai
Answer-4) Priyanka Chopra
Actress Priyanka Chopra Jonas, who featured in various Hollywood and Bollywood projects, has released her memoir (Authored by Priyanka Chopra) titled “Unfinished: A Memoir”. The book features Priyanka Chopra’s childhood in India, her teenage years in the United States where she faced bouts of racism. The book also features her 2-decade career as actor and producer to her work as UNICEF Goodwill ambassador to marrying Nick Jonas.