AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 28 April 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- WHO announced to achieve its Global Immunization Strategy of vaccinating 90% of the World’s Child population by __________.
5) 2030Answer-5) 2030
The World Health Organisation (WHO) unveiled the Global Immunization Strategy led by the UN to reach around 50 million children who missed their vaccination against measles, yellow fever and diphtheria.
It aims to achieve 90% coverage for essential vaccines given in childhood and adolescence by 2030.
- Which financial institution introduced India’s 1st video-based Wealth Community for its users to live interact with subject-matter experts?
5) India InfolineAnswer-4) Paytm
Paytm, the digital financial service company introduced India’s first video-based wealth community for the users to interact with subject-matter experts in live sessions on different wealth topics such as IPO, F&O, ETFs, mutual funds, stocks, gold, fixed income, and personal finance.
- Which Mutual Fund company recently (in Apr’21) launched its Nifty Next 50 Index Fund to enable investors to invest in Nifty Next 50 at low cost?
1) HDFC Mutual Fund
2) Reliance Mutual Fund
3) Axis Mutual Fund
4) SBI Mutual Fund
5) Edelweiss Mutual FundAnswer-4) SBI Mutual Fund
On April 26, 2021, SBI Mutual Fund launched SBI Nifty Next 50 Index Fund, an open-ended index scheme. It is the second index fund of SBI Mutual Fund as it already has the SBI Nifty Index Fund under the Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) category.
It enables the investors to invest in all securities under the Nifty Next 50 Index with lower costs.
The investment could be done daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual SIP.
- In April 2021, RBI released a circular “Corporate Governance in Banks – Appointment of Directors and Constitution of Committees of the Board”.
Identify the points that are correct with respect to RBI’s notification:
A) Tenure of MD & CEO of Banks is increased to 20 years
B) Maximum age limit of Non-Executive Directors is altered to 75 years
C) Changes are applicable to all banking entities except Foreign banks operating as branches in India
1) Only B & C
2) Only A
3) Only C
4) All A, B & C
5) Only A & BAnswer-1) Only B & C
RBI in its circular – “Corporate Governance in Banks – Appointment of Directors and Constitution of Committees of the Board”, has fixed 15 years as the tenure for the Managing Director and Chief executive officers (MD & CEOs) or whole-time directors (WTDs) to hold their post in a bank.
RBI also extended the Upper age limit for MD & CEOs of banks to 70 years
While Non-Executive Directors can serve upto 75 years of age or for a maximum tenure of 8 years.
The instructions are applicable to all banking entities except Foreign banks operating as branches in India.
- In April 2021, the 93rd Academy Awards, also known as the Oscar 2021 was announced.
Identify the points that are correct with respect to Oscar 2021:
A) Nomadland won the Best Pictures Award
B) Gary Oldman became the oldest person to win the Oscars for Best Actor
C) Chloé Zhao is the 2nd woman & also the 1st woman of colour (Asian) to win the award for Best Director.
1) All A, B & C
2) Only B & C
3) Only C
4) Only A & C
5) Only A & BAnswer-4) Only A & C
In April 2021, the 93rd Academy Awards, also known as the Oscar 2021 was announced.
Nomadland won the Best Pictures Award
Anthony Hopkins (83 years old) won the award for the Best Actor for his performance in the film “The Father”. He is the oldest person ever to win an Oscars.
Chloé Zhao is the 2nd woman & also the 1st woman of colour (Asian) to win the award for Best Director.
Frances McDormand won the Best Actress award for “Nomadland”.
- Who was appointed as the Non-Official Director of the Central Board of RBI in April 2021?
1) Arvind Panagariya
2) Tarun Bajaj
3) Ajay Bhushan Pandey
4) Urjit Patel
5) Ajay SethAnswer-5) Ajay Seth
The government of India has appointed Ajay Seth, the Economic Affairs Secretary in the Ministry of Finance as the non-official director of the Central Board of RBI. Ajay Seth assumed the charge of Economic Affairs Secretary in April 16,2021.
- Which country launched the 36 Low Earth Orbiter communication satellites of OneWeb in April 2021?
5) RussiaAnswer-5) Russia
The 36 satellites of OneWeb, a Low Earth Orbit (LEO) satellite communications operator were launched into orbit by an Arianespace Soyuz Rocket from Vostochny Cosmodrome in Russia.
About One Web:
CEO – Neil Masterson
Executive Chairman – Sunil Bharti Mittal
Headquarters – London, United Kingdom
- Which country recently (in Apr’21) launched its Spy Satellite ‘NROL-82’ into space?
5) RussiaAnswer-4) USA
The United States (US) spy satellite, NROL-82 launched into space from Vandenberg Air Force Base, California. The United Launch Alliance(ULA) Delta IV Heavy carried the NROL-82 satellite for the National Reconnaissance Office(NRO).
- In April 2021, A New Global Partnership called ‘Blue Nature Alliance’ was launched to protect ___________ sq. kms of the Ocean over the next 5 years.
1) 50 Million
2) 18 Million
3) 25 Million
5) 21 MillionAnswer-2) 18 Million
A New Global Partnership called ‘Blue Nature Alliance’ has been launched jointly by several Philanthropic Organizations across the world to protect 18 Million Square kilometres of the ocean (5% of the World’s Ocean) over the next 5 years.
It aims to achieve a global target of conserving at least 30% of the ocean by 2030.
- Who was the 1st Sportsperson to receive India’s highest civilian award, the Bharat Ratna?
1) Sunil Gavaskar
2) Mihir Sen
3) Vishwanathan Anand
4) Sachin Tendulkar
5) Dhyan ChandAnswer-4) Sachin Tendulkar
Sachin Tendulkar, at the age of 40, became the youngest person and first sportsperson to receive Bharat Ratna.