AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 28 & 29 March 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Which organisation partnered with ISRO (in Mar’21) to undertake Joint Research Activities under ISRO’s ‘New, advanced, futuristic projects’ initiative?
2) Indian Institute of Science
3) California Institute of Technology
4) Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology
5) Harvard UniversityAnswer-4) Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology
ISRO partnered with Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) to undertake Joint Research Activities, under ISRO’s ‘New, advanced, futuristic projects’ initiative. This partnership model is similar to the JPL-Caltech model followed by USA’s NASA.
· A Framework has been framed with Capacity Building Programme Office (CBPO), Bangalore. It will act as a focal point for coordinating Joint research activities.
· IIST is Asia 1st University to be solely dedicated to study & research on Outer Space. IIST is located in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
- Which is India’s 1st UT & 3rd State/UT to achieve 100% Functional Household Tap Connection (FHTC) under Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM)?
4) Diu & Daman
5) Andaman & NicobarAnswer-5) Andaman & Nicobar
On World Water Day, 22nd March 2021, Lt. Governor of Andaman & Nicobar, Admiral D K Joshi, announced the Union territory (UT) as 100% Functional Household Tap Connection (FHTC) under Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM). With this Andaman & Nicobar becomes India’s 1st UT and the 3rd state/UT to achieve the target (only after Goa & Telangana).
- With which port CNB Logitech signed an MoU (in Mar’21) to organize the movement of containers in the port for a maintenance cost of Rs. 100 crores/annum?
1) Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust
2) Kandla Port Trust
3) Mormugao Port Trust
4) Chennai Port Trust
5) Kamarajar Port LimitedAnswer- 1) Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust
In March 2021, Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT) signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with CNB Logitech of Rs 100 crore per annum to monitor, track and optimise the movement of 50 lakh containers in EXIM trade.
- Which organisation released the report titled, ‘World Development Report 2021: Data for better lives’ that highlights on the Open Data Policies of various countries?
1) International Monetary Fund
2) Asian Development Bank
3) United Nations Development Programme
4) World Trade Organization
5) World BankAnswer-5) World Bank
According to the ‘World Development Report 2021: Data for better lives’ (WDR 2021) released by World Bank Group, Most countries across the globe shy away from an Open-data policy. It states that only 11% low-income countries made available a license classifiable as ‘open’.
· India monitors 54 out of 130 SDG indicators, with no data on Poverty.
In another report of the World Bank, it was highlighted that India’s e-commerce regulations may be biased towards local companies, thus failing to provide a level playing field to foreign platforms.
- Which bank signed an MoU (in Mar’21) with Tata Motors to provide loans with EMI facility to its customers for BS-6 vehicle purchase?
1) HDFC Bank
2) ICICI Bank
3) State Bank of India
4) Axis Bank
5) Indian Overseas BankAnswer-3) State Bank of India
On March 26, 2021, Tata Motors signed a 3-year MoU with the State Bank of India(SBI) to offer financial assistance for its commercial vehicle (CV) customers for the purchase of the Tata Motors’ range of small and light commercial vehicles.
· SBI provides EMI facilities for Vehicular loans for mitigating the cost difference between BS-4 & BS-6 vehicles.
Chairman– Dinesh Kumar Khara
Tagline– The Banker to Every Indian
Establishment – 1st July 1955
- Which brokerage company recently (in Mar’21) partnered with Karnataka Bank to introduce ‘KBL Smart Trade’ that provides Demat & Trading accounts?
1) Capital India
2) JSW Holdings
3) IIFL Securities
4) Paul Merchants
5) UTI Mutual FundAnswer-3) IIFL Securities
Karnataka Bank made a tie-up with IIFL Securities, a broking and advisory firm and introduced ‘KBL Smart Trade’, a solution for its customer’s capital market needs by providing a facility to access IIFL Securities’ Demat & Trading account.
· The account holders can access live prices and alerts, research and recommendations of stocks, trading tips, customizable watch lists.
- Who was appointed as the CEO of UIDAI in March 2021?
1) D. P. Singh
2) Manoj Ahuja
3) Sanjeev Kumar
4) Pradeep Kumar Joshi
5) Saurabh GargAnswer-5) Saurabh Garg
On 25th March 2021, as a part of the Bureaucratic reshuffle, the Appointment Committee of the Cabinet approved the appointment of Saurabh Garg, as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
- Which country successfully test fired ‘Shaheen 1-A’, a Nuclear capable Surface-to-Surface ballistic missile in March 2021?
5) PakistanAnswer-5) Pakistan
On March 26, 2021, Pakistan conducted a successful flight test of ‘Shaheen 1-A’ (Hatf IV) a Nuclear capable Surface-to-Surface ballistic missile. It has a range of 900 Kms.
This is the 4th Successful missile test by Pakistan in 2021.
· ‘Shaheen-III’ – Nuclear-Capable Surface-to-Surface Ballistic Missile.
· ‘Ghaznavi (Hatf-III)’ – Nuclear-Capable Surface-to-Surface Ballistic Missile.
· “Babur” – Short Range Surface-to-Surface Ballistic Missile.
- ________ team won the 1st Edition of the 2020-21 Road Safety World Series T20 tournament, which was organized by the Road Safety Cell of ___________.
1) Sri Lanka Legends, Maharashtra
2) India Legends, New Delhi
3) India Legends, Maharashtra
4) Sri Lanka Legends, New Delhi
5) West Indies Legends, New DelhiAnswer-3) India Legends, Maharashtra
India Legends cricket team won the 1st Edition of the 2020-21 Road Safety World Series T20 tournament against Sri Lanka Legends in the Finals.
· 7 Countries Participated in the series.
· The 2020-21 Road Safety World Series T20 cricket tournament was organized by the Road Safety Cell of Maharashtra to raise awareness about road safety.
- Where was the World’s 1st Mobile Water Generator launched by Indian startup ‘MEGHDOOT solution’, which is capable of generating water from Air?
1) Darjeeling, West Bengal
2) Mumbai, Maharashtra
3) Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
4) Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
5) Chennai, Tamil NaduAnswer-4) Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
Maithri Aquatech, a startup, formed under the initiative ‘Make in India’ has set up the ‘World’s First Mobile Water from Air Kiosk and Water Knowledge Centre’ with the use of its ‘MEGHDOOT solution’ in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
· It is the only atmospheric water generator(AWG) approved by the Ministry of Jal Shakti.
· It is capable of generating over 1 mn lts of water/day, producing 100% microbe-free potable water.