AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 27 October 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 –Click Here to Download the APP
- In October 2021, the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship launched the 2nd phase of ‘Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship’ for a period of __________, which is currently implemented by _______ as Academic partner.
1) 5-years; IIM
2) 2-years; IIM
3) 5-years; IISc
4) 2-years; IIT
5) 5-years; IIT
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) 2-years; IIM
Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan, Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship(MSDE), launched the second phase of the Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship (MGNF) for 2 years, 2021-2023 on October 25, 2021.
i. It is a two-year fellowship to create opportunities for the youth and enhance skill development with IIM’s as academic partners. 8 more IIMs have boarded with IIM Bangalore, taking the total to 9 IIMs.
- Which country participated with India (in Oct’21) in the maiden Joint Tri-service exercise – ‘Konkan Shakti’ at the Konkan coast in Arabian Sea?
1) Saudi Arabia
3) United Kingdom
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) United Kingdom
The maiden India-UK Joint Tri-Service exercise Konkan Shakti, 2021 commenced off the Konkan coast in the Arabian Sea that aims to derive “mutual benefits” from each other’s experiences.
• The land phase of the exercise is being conducted between Indian Army and UK Army from 21 -27 October 2021 at Chaubatia, Uttarakhand.
- Who was appointed as the Chairman of the National Steering Committee for implementing NIPUN Bharat Mission?
1) Rajkumar Ranjan Singh
2) Subhas Sarkar
3) Annapurna Devi Yadav
4) Ramesh Pokhriyal
5) Dharmendra Pradhan
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Dharmendra Pradhan
Government has set up National Steering Committee (NSC) for implementation of National Initiative for Proficiency in Reading with Understanding and Numeracy (NIPUN) Bharat Mission under the Chairmanship of the Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan and vice-chairperson is the Minister of State for Education Annpurna Devi Yadav.
- Identify the country that is set to launch guidelines for ‘Renewable Energy Certificates (REC)’, which denotes electricity generated from renewable sources.
2) South Korea
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Singapore
Singapore plans to launch standardized guidelines for Renewable Energy Certificates (REC) in an effort to decarbonise its power sector and develop a regional grid. The RECs are market-based instruments denoting that electricity was generated from renewable energy sources.
• One REC represents one megawatt-hour (MWh) of electricity generated from renewable energy sources and delivered to the grid.
- Identify the bank that partnered with IndiGo to launch a Co-branded Credit Card called – ‘Ka-ching’.
1) Kotak Mahindra Bank
2) Industrial Bank of Korea
3) Federal Bank
4) Karur Vysya Bank
5) Karnataka Bank
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Kotak Mahindra Bank
IndiGo and Kotak Mahindra Bank entered into a strategic partnership for the launch of a co-branded credit card named ‘Ka-ching’.
About Kotak Mahindra Bank (KMB):
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
MD & CEO – Uday Kotak
Tagline – Let’s make money simple
- Name the movie that was selected as India’s official candidate for ‘2022 Oscars’.
2) Drishyam 2
3) Sardar Udham
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Koozhangal
Tamil Film titled “Koozhangal” (Pebbles) directed by filmmaker Vinothraj PS and produced by Rowdy Pictures of Vignesh Shivan and Nayanthara, has been selected as India’s official entry for the 94th Academy Awards (Oscars 2022). If selected the film will compete under the “Best International Feature Film” category.
- In October 2021, Shavkat Mirziyoyev got re-elected for the 2nd 5-year term as the President of which country?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Uzbekistan
Shavkat Mirziyoyev, the incumbent President of Uzbekistan has won a 2nd five-year term as the President of Uzbekistan.
Prime Minister– Abdulla Aripov
Currency– Uzbekistani Som
- Name the World’s 1st Instant Advice App that was launched by Union Minister of Road Transport – Nitin Gadkari in October 2021.
4) e-Consult India
5) ADVICE Wise
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) CUNSULT
In October, 2021, Union Minister Nitin Jairam Gadkari, Ministry of Road transport and highways (MoRTH) launched the World’s 1st Instant Advice App, “CUNSULT”, a knowledge sharing platform.
• It is a first global facility for people who need information, advice, counsel, and guidance to contact and call up experts in 65 sectors.
- Identify the points that are correctly related to 2021’s ‘Vigilance Awareness Week’ (VAW)
A) It is annually observed marking the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel – 31st October
B) 2021’s VAW is observed between 24th October to 31st October, under the theme – “Vigilant India, Prosperous India”
C) A special initiative called Public Interest Disclosure and Protection of Informers(PIDPI) resolution was launched to receive complaints against the Central Government officials
1) All A, B & C
2) Only B & C
3) Only A & B
4) Only A & C
5) Only C
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Only A & C
Vigilance Awareness Week(VAW) is annually observed across India during the week which marks the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, which falls on 31st October.
i. The Central Vigilance Commission(CVC) has decided to observe the Vigilance Awareness Week (VAW) 2021 from 26th October 2021 to 1st November 2021 to promote integrity, transparency and accountability amongst public servants
ii. The theme of Vigilance Awareness Week 2021 is “Independent India @75: Self Reliance with Integrity”.
iii. A special initiative called Public Interest Disclosure and Protection of Informers(PIDPI) resolution was launched to receive complaints against the Central Government officials.
- What does ‘L’ stand for in the ‘SANKALP’ initiative of the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Livelihood
Skills Acquisition and Knowledge Awareness for Livelihood Promotion (SANKALP) programme was launched by the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship in January 2018, to strengthen the skill development mechanism in India. The scheme is planned for a duration of 6-years or till 2023.