AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 27 March 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Name the Indian state which become top performer in organ donations and transplants for the year 2019.
1) Tamil Nadu
2) Uttar Pradesh
4) Madhya Pradesh
5) TelanganaAnswer-3) Maharashtra
The state of Maharashtra has donated the highest number of organs which resulted beneficial for 449 patients. The state overtookTamil Nadu and Telangana in the field of organ donation.
- The National Book Trust (NBT) has launched #StayHomeIndiaWithBooks initiative to encourage people to read book at home during 21-day lockdown. NBT comes under Which Ministry?
1) Ministry of Science and Technology
2) Ministry of Women and Child Development
3) Ministry of Human Resource Development
4) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
5) Ministry of Statistics and ImplementationAnswer-3) Ministry of Human Resource Development
The National Book Trust (NBT) of Human Resource Development HRD Ministry launches #StayHomeIndiaWithBooks initiative to encourage people to read books while at home.
- Which is the 1st city in India to use drones to sanitize the city amid COVID-19 crisis?
5) MumbaiAnswer-2) Indore
Indore, Madhya Pradesh the cleanest city in India becomes the 1st city in India to use drones to sanitize the city against COVID-19 scare.
- The Cabinet approves MoU in Railway sector for the technological cooperation in Railways between India and which among the following country?
5) GermanyAnswer-5) Germany
The Union Cabinet headed by the Prime Minister, Narendra Modi approves Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed in February 2020 between Ministry of Railways with DB Engineering and Consulting GmbH of Germany for technological cooperation in railways.
- What is the amount that has been approved by the cabinet to enhance the CRAR of RRBs which are unable to maintain minimum CRAR of 9%?
1) 1000 Cr
2) 1120 Cr
3) 1340 Cr
5) 2160 CrAnswer-3) 1340 Cr
In order to enhance the Capital to Risk weighted Assets Ratio (CRAR)of Regional Rural Banks (RRBs), which are unable to maintain minimum CRAR of 9%, as per the regulatory norms prescribed by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) approved Rs1,340-crore to continue the process for their recapitalization for another one year i.etill 2020-2021 from 2019-20.
- Name the Indian footballer who has been named among 28 footballers around the word to FIFA-WHO’s campaign ‘Pass the message to kick out coronavirus’.
1) Sunil Chhetri
3) Subrata Pal
4) I.M. Vijayan
5) Climax LawrenceAnswer-1) Sunil Chhetri
Indian Football Captain Sunil Chhetri was selected among 28 members for FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association) video campaign against Coronavirus. FIFA and WHO (World Health Organization) have teamed up to combat the coronavirus by launching ‘Pass the message to kick out coronavirus’ (awareness campaign) led by world-renowned footballers.
- Babur II is the cruise missile of which of the following country?
5) SyriaAnswer-1) Pakistan
Pakistan’s efforts have suffered a set-back of launching 750 km range ground cruise missile Babur II with the delivery platform crashing to the ground after two minutes or 14 kilometers(km) in flight from the launch point at Sonmiani test range in Balochistan. The capital and currency of Pakistan is Islamabad and Pakistani rupee respectively.
- Name the Public Sector Bank which provides SHG-COVID – SAHAYA LOAN under which Self Help Groups can avail soft loan of Rs. 5000 per member.
1) State Bank of India
2) Syndicate Bank
3) Punjab National Bank
4) Allahabad Bank
5) Indian BankAnswer-5) Indian Bank
Indian Bank launched five special emergency loans for large corporates, medium enterprises, MSMEs, salaried and pensioners as a support to its customers affected through economic slump and lockdown because of the COVID-19 pandemic.SHG-COVID – SAHAYA LOAN: This loan is for Self Help Groups (SHGs) under which each member can avail a soft loan of Rs. 5000 i.e., Rs. 1 lakh per SHG. Loan tenor- 36 months with 6 months moratorium.
- Who among the following has been appointed as the member of Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) by Appointment committee of cabinet (March 2020)?
1) Satish Kumar Gupta
2) Krishan Mohan Prasad
3) Madhan Mohan
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) Both 2) and 3)Answer-4) Both 1) and 2)
The Appointment Committee of the Cabinet approved the appointment of two Indian Revenue Service (IRS) officers Krishan Mohan Prasad and Satish Kumar Gupta as members of the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT).
- Name the person who has been appointed as CEO of Best Price by Walmart with effect from April 1, 2020?
1) Indra Nooyi
2) Rajeev Suri
4) Laxman Narasimhan
5) Sameer AggarwalAnswer-5) Sameer Aggarwal
Walmart announced that it has promoted Sameer Aggarwal as Chief Executive Officer(CEO) of Best Price, Walmart India which is effective from April 1, 2020. He will succeed KrishIyer who is to retire on March 31, 2020, from 8 years of full-time management and will get into an advisory role.
- The International Advanced Centre for Powder Metallurgy & New Materials (ARCI) has developed ‘ultrafast laser surface texturing technology’, which enhances efficiency of fuel in IC engines by reducing friction. ARCI located at which Indian city?
5) LucknowAnswer-1) Hyderabad
International Advanced Centre for Powder Metallurgy & New Materials (ARCI),Hyderabad (Telangana), which functions as a grants-in-aid institution of the Government of India’s Department of Science & Technology (DST), has developed ‘ultrafast laser surface texturing technology’, which can enhance the efficiency of fuel in internal combustion (IC) engines by reducing friction.
- Name the biofortified high-protein wheat variety that was developed by Pune based Agharkar Research Institute’s (ARI) scientists.
1) MACS 0248
2) MACS 8402
3) MACS 4028
4) MACS 2408
5) MACS 4802Answer-3) MACS 4028
A team of Scientists from Agharkar Research Institute (ARI) in Pune, Maharashtra, have developed ‘MACS 4028’, a biofortified wheat variety, which shows high-protein content of around 14.7% good nutritional quality having zinc 40.3 ppm, and iron content of 40.3ppm and 46.1ppm (parts per million) respectively.
- Abdul Latif who passed away recently belongs to which sports?
5) HockeyAnswer-4) Football
Abdul Latif, former India football player and 1970 Asian games bronze medalist passed away at the age of 73 in Guwahati, Assam. He also represented India in Asia Cup Qualifier in 1968 in Myanmar and Merdeka Cup in 1969 in Kuala Lumpur.
- Nawab Banoo who is in news recently in March 2020 is _________.
1) Social activist
5) LawyerAnswer-2) Actress
Nawab Banoo, famous Bollywood actress passed away at the age of 87 in Mumbai, Maharashtra. She was also known as Nimmi, who was popular in the early 1950s & 1960s of Hindi films. She was born on February 18, 1933 in Agra, Uttar Pradesh (UP).
- Padma shri awardee Nemai Ghosh who passed died in March 2020 is _________.
5) Law makerAnswer-3) Photographer
Veteran photographer & Padma Shri(2010) awardee Nemai Ghosh passed away at 86 due to his age-related ailments. He hails from Kolkata.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Which Drug’s export was banned by Government of India due to COVID-19? Answer-hydroxycloroquine
The Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT), an arm of the commerce ministry which deals with export and import-related matters, announced “The export of hydroxycloroquine and formulations made from hydroxycloroquine is prohibited with immediate effect”. Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) Director General Balram Bhargava had on Monday recommended the use of hydroxychloroquine for treating healthcare workers handling suspected or confirmed coronavirus cases and the asymptomatic household contacts of the lab-confirmed cases.
- What is the Capital and Currency of Germany? Answer-Capital – Berlin & Currency – Euro
- Where is the HQ of FIFA located? Answer-Zurich, Switzerland
- Who is the present MD&CEO of Indian Bank? Answer-Padmaja Chunduru
- Who is the present Chairperson of CBDT? Answer-Pramod Chandra Mody
- What is the Capital and Currency of Pakistan? Answer-Capital – Islamabad & Currency – Pakistani Rupee
- What is the minimum capital to risk weighted assets (CRAR) that should be maintained in Regional Rural Banks (RRBs)? Answer-9%
As per RBI, RRBs are required to maintain a minimum Capital to Risk-weighted Assets Ratio (CRAR) of 9 per cent on an ongoing basis. The capital funds for capital adequacy purpose shall consist of both Tier 1 and Tier 2 capital.
- Which Drug’s export was banned by Government of India due to COVID-19?
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/march-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try March Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]