AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 27 August 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Our Current Affairs August 2021 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
Top 10 Questions Based on Current Affairs 27 August 2021
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Name the Ministry that launched (in Aug’ 21) a 100-day Campaign -named ‘SUJALAM’ to achieve ‘Open Defecation Free (ODF) Plus’ Status in villages through Waste Water Management.
1) Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
2) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
3) Ministry of Jal Shakti
4) Ministry of Rural Development
5) Ministry of Housing and Urban AffairsAnswer-3) Ministry of Jal Shakti
The Ministry of Jal Shakti had launched a 100 Days campaign – ‘SUJALAM’ to achieve Open Defecation Free (ODF) Plus Status in villages across the country by undertaking waste water management. It will create ‘1 million Soak-pits’, Retrofitting of toilets & ensures all the new households have access to toilets.
i. It will boost the implementation of Swachh Bharat Mission Gramin (SBMG), phase-Ⅱ.
- Name the organization that signed an MoU (in Aug ’21) with the Ministry of Civil Aviation for providing Reserved Services in the Airports of Jaipur, Guwahati & Thiruvananthapuram.
1) GMR Aviation Group
2) Bajaj Group
3) Adani Enterprises Limited
4) Reliance Industries Limited
5) Tata GroupAnswer-3) Adani Enterprises Limited
The Ministry of Civil Aviation had signed an MoU with Adani Enterprises Limited for providing Reserved Services in the Airports of Jaipur, Guwahati & Thiruvananthapuram.
i. In 2019, The Adani Group won the rights to run the 6 Airports (Lucknow, Ahmedabad, Mangaluru, Jaipur, Guwahati & Thiruvananthapuram) for 50 years.
- During the India-International Solar Alliance Energy Transition Dialogue 2021, India highlighted its emission levels have reduced about ________from 2005 levels against the target of 35% by ________.
1) 14%; 2028
2) 14%; 2030
3) 28%; 2028
4) 28%; 2030
5) 14%; 2024Answer-4) 28%; 2030
In India-International Solar Alliance Energy (ISA) Transition Dialogue 2021, R K Singh, Union Minister of Power, New & Renewable Energy highlighted that India’s Emissions have reduced about 28% from 2005 levels against the target of 35% by 2030.
i. India plans to have 450GW of Renewable energy capacity by 2030.
- Name the exercise that was held (in Aug’ 21) between the Navies of India, USA, Japan & Australia in Western Pacific Ocean.
4) Yudh Abhyas
5) Vajra PraharAnswer-1) Malabar
25th Edition of ‘Exercise Malabar’ held between the Navies of India, USA, Japan & Australia in Western Pacific Ocean. The exercise is hosted by the US Navy. The Indian Navy’s participation included INS Shivalik and INS Kadmatt and P8I patrol aircraft.
i. The Malabar is an annual bilateral exercise started in 1992 between the Indian Navy & the US Navy.
- In August 2021, Karnataka Bank in association with __________ & M/s Worldline launched its FASTag payment instrument named _________to offer seamless movement of vehicles at toll plazas across India.
1) State Bank of India; KBL FASTag
2) State Bank of India; Easy FASTag
3) National Payment Corporation of India; Easy FASTag
4) National Payment Corporation of India; KBL FASTag
5) Canara Bank; AIO FASTagAnswer-4) National Payment Corporation of India; KBL Fastag
The Karnataka Bank launched its KBL FASTag in association with the National Payment Corporation of India(NPCI) and M/s Worldline, the FASTag processor.
About Karnataka Bank:
MD & CEO– Mahabaleshwara MS
Tagline– Your Family Bank Across India
Headquarters– Mangalore, Karnataka
- Which Small Finance Bank (SFB) entered into partnership (in Aug’ 21) with Decimal Technologies to digitise loan origination with its digital lending platform ‘Saarathi’?
1) ESAF SFB
2) Fincare SFB
3) A U SFB
4) Ujjivan SFB
5) Equitas SFBAnswer-4) Ujjivan SFB
Ujjivan SFB partnered with Decimal Technologies under which the Ujjivan SFB and its channel partners will use ‘Saarathi’, digital lending platform of Decimal technologies to digitise loan origination. This is the 1st ever banking tie up of Decimal technology in this model.
- Which country recently (in Aug’ 21) got USD 1 million aid from the Government of India under the UN World Food Programme to tackle climate shocks?
5) GeorgiaAnswer-2) Zimbabwe
The government of India provides USD 1 million aid to Zimbabwe under the UN World Food Programme. This aid will help to tackle the population affected due to climate shocks.
i. The UN declares the 2023 International Year of Millets.
Currency – Zimbabwean Dollar
President- Emmerson Mnangawa
- In August 2021, Indian Idol 2021 Winner, Pawandeep Rajan was appointed as Brand Ambassador for Art, Tourism, Culture of which state?
5) KeralaAnswer-1) Uttarakhand
Pushkar Singh Dhami, CM of Uttarakhand, had announced that Indian Idol 2021 Winner, Pawandeep Rajan will be appointed as the brand ambassador of Uttarakhand’s art, tourism and culture.
- In August 2021, B V Nimbkar passed away. He was awarded Padma Shri for his
contribution towards which field?
3) Social Psychology
5) MathematicsAnswer-1) Agriculture
Bonbehari Vishnu Nimbkar (B V Nimbkar) passed away recently. He was awarded with Padma Shri Award in 2006 for his immense contribution in the field of Agriculture and Animal Husbandry.
- Zydus Cadila, commenced its vaccine trials of children aged 3-12 years, received the approval from the Drugs Controller General of India for ZyCOV-D vaccine. Where is the company headquartered?
1) Ahmedabad, Gujarat
2) Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
3) Ropar, Punjab
4) Dispur, Assam
5) Jaipur, RajasthanAnswer-1) Ahmedabad, Gujarat
Zydus Cadila received the approval from the Drugs Controller General of India for ZyCOV-D, world’s first and India’s indigenously developed DNA-based vaccine for Covid-19 that commenced vaccine trials of children aged 3-12 years . The company is headquartered in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.