AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 27 & 28 September 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Which organization has announced a hackathon named “KRITAGYA” (Krishi-Taknik-Gyan) under NAHEP to promote farm mechanization?
1) All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)
2) Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR)
3) Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR)
4) Medical Council of India (MCI)
5) International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)Answer-3) Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR)
Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) announced a hackathon named “KRITAGYA” (Krishi-Taknik-Gyan) under its National Agricultural Higher Education Project (NAHEP). The national level AgTech Hackathon aims to develop and promote women friendly equipment through potential innovative technological solutions and collaboration with stakeholders to improve the farm mechanization, productivity and profitability in India.
- Which agency along with NITI Aayog launched ‘Special Report on Sustainable Recovery’ post COVID-19?
1) International Labour Organization (ILO)
2) International Police Organization (INTERPOL)
3) Bank for International Settlements (BIS)
4) International Energy Agency (IEA)
5) None of the AboveAnswer-4) International Energy Agency (IEA)
In the wake of the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, a ‘Special Report on Sustainable Recovery’ was virtually launched by Dr Fatih Birol, Executive Director of International Energy Agency (IEA) and Amitabh Kant, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of NITI Aayog, in the presence of Piyush Goyal Union Minister of Railways and, Commerce and Industry. The report is part of IEA’s flagship World Energy Outlook series. The report was prepared in cooperation with the International Monetary Fund (IMF). Krishnamurthy Subramanian, Chief Economic Adviser was also participated the event.
- Medical Council of India (MCI) has been officially renamed as National Medical Commission (NMC) recently. Who is the 1st chairman of NMC?
1) Mahesh Verma
2) Rajendra Pandey
3) Suresh Chandra Sharma
4) Rakesh Kumar Vats
5) Vinod Kumar PaulAnswer-3) Suresh Chandra Sharma
Medical Council of India (MCI) had faced corruption charges and was dissolved by the Government of India in 2018 with the Board of Governors (BoG)-MCI chaired by Dr Vinod Kumar Paul, member (health), Niti (National Institution for Transforming India) Aayog. This Board of Governors was appointed under section 3A of the Indian Medical Council (IMC) Act, 1956 (102 of 1956) in supersession of the MCI constituted under sub-section (1) of section 3 of IMC ACT. The NMC Act came into existence on August 8, 2019. After that, the Central Government in exercising the powers conferred by sub-section (3) of the section 1 of the NMC Act, 2019 (30 of 2019), the provisions of sections 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 11, 16, 17, 18, 19, 56 and 57 of the NMC Act were brought into force with effect from September 2 2019. Dr Suresh Chandra Sharma, former head of the ear nose throat (ENT) department at All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi has been appointed as the first chairman of NMC for a period of three years under sub-section (2) of section 4 of NMC Act w.e.f. September 25, 2020.
- Which ministry has announced the setting up of Plastics Parks throughout the country?
1) Health and family welfare ministry
2) Defence ministry
3) Chemicals and Fertilizers ministry
4) Skill Development and Entrepreneurship ministry
5) Power ministryAnswer-3) Chemicals and Fertilizers ministry
Union Minister for Chemicals & Fertilizers Sadananda Gowda announced a scheme for setting up 10 Plastics Parks throughout the country. The Department of Chemicals and Petrochemicals has already given final approval in the states of Assam, Madhya Pradesh (2 parks), Odisha, Tamil Nadu and Jharkhand. The Central government will provide funds upto 50% of the project cost (ceiling of Rs. 40 Crore per project) and remaining will be funded by State Government and beneficiary industries. The plastic parks will provide a common facility to consolidate and increase the capacities of the domestic plastic processing industry.
- India’s 1st Regional Rapid Transit System train will provide its services to Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS by which year?
5) 2025Answer-3) 2022
The first look of India’s first RRTS (Regional Rapid Transit System) train unveiled by Durga Shanker Mishra, Secretary, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) and Chairman, National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC) during an event. This first RRTS train will provide its services to 82 km long Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS in 2022 after trials. It should be noted that NCRTC is the nodal agency for executing this first RRTS project of India while the train sets are being manufactured by Bombardier Transportation India Private Limited at their Savli plant in Gujarat under the government’s Make in India policy and AtmaNirbhar Bharat Abhiyan. It will be one of the fastest RRTS in India which will reduce travel time from Meerut to Delhi to less than 60 minutes.
- Name the bank which has entered into partnership with Bayer’s Better Life Farming (BLF) initiative in India.
1) Yes Bank
2) Axis Bank
3) ICICI Bank
4) HDFC Bank
5) RBL BankAnswer- 2) Axis Bank
In order to provide enhanced and comprehensive financial solutions to smallholder farmers and rural farming communities, Axis Bank Ltd, India’s third largest private sector bank, partnered with Bayer’s Better Life Farming (BLF) initiative in India. This partnership will offer a variety of end-to-end financial solutions and services like loans, deposits, withdrawals, payments etc., at affordable prices. Bayer’s Best Livelihood Agricultural Centers will provide the solution, which are owned and operated by a Farmer Producer Organization(FPO), Federation, agri-graduate or a local farmer / entrepreneur.
- Find the company which has got RBI’s in-principle approval to set up Bharat Bill Payment Operating Unit (BBPOU).
1) BTI Payments Ltd
2) Vakrangee Ltd
3) Hitachi Ltd
4) Communications solutions Ltd
5) Indicash LtdAnswer-2) Vakrangee Ltd
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) granted in-principle approval for Vakrangee Ltd to set up Bharat Bill Payment Operating Unit (BBPOU) to handle payment services related to bills. It has received the authorisation under the Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2007.
- How much worth loan was approved by Asian Development Bank (ADB) for urban projects in Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh?
1) USD 850 million
2) USD 700 million
3) USD 570 million
4) USD 750 million
5) USD 650 millionAnswer-3) USD 570 million
Asian Development Bank (ADB) ADB has approved two loans worth USD 570 million (about Rs 4,200 crore) for urban sector projects in Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh. ADB has approved a USD 300 million loan to develop Rajasthan’s secondary towns by financing inclusive water supply and sanitation infrastructure and services & has approved an additional financing of USD 270 million loan for construction of water supply and integrated storm water and sewage management infrastructure in Madhya Pradesh under Madhya Pradesh Urban Services Improvement Project.
- Which company has launched campaign named ‘Contactless Connections’?
1) ICICI Card
2) PNB Card
3) SBI Card
4) IOB Card
5) HDFC CardAnswer-3) SBI Card
SBI Card (legally- SBI Cards and Payment Services Limited) launched ‘Contactless Connections’, a new brand campaign. The campaign spreads the message that sharing of love and care is possible even during this difficult period(COVID-19) where social distancing is the norm. This campaign is in continuation of the SBI card’s brand campaign “Ghar Mein Khushiyaan”.
- Which company collaborated with Matrix Partners India to scale small businesses in India?
5) MicrosoftAnswer-2) Facebook
Facebook announced that it has associated with early-stage Venture Capital(VC) fund Matrix Partners India to scale small businesses in India by providing them with digital skilling support. The partnership with Matrix Partners is a part of Facebook’s VC Brand Incubator Programme, that associates with VC funds to help early-stage Small and Medium Businesses (SMBs) to increase their digital potential.
- Which country has signed MoU with India to increase cooperation in Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs)?
5) FinlandAnswer-1) Denmark
India and Denmark signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to enhance cooperation in the area of Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs) through exchange of best practices and collaborating in training programmes. The MoU will also include ways to protect traditional knowledge.
- The International Air Transport Association (IATA) inked MoU with UNOCT as 1st private partner to Cooperate on India-funded CT Travel Programme. Where is the HQ of IATA located?
1) New York, United States
2) Montreal, Canada
3) Vienna, Austria
4) Geneva, Switzerland
5) New Delhi, IndiaAnswer-2) Montreal, Canada
International Air Transport Association (IATA) which has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the United Nations Office of Counter-Terrorism (UNOCT) on September 24, 2020 to strengthen the cooperation with the United Nations (UN) Countering Terrorist Travel Programme (CT Travel Programme). IATA will join the CT Travel Programme as the first non-government partner of the initiative by providing advance passenger information (API) and passenger name record (PNR) traveler data to governments to curb terrorist mobility. International Air Transport Association (IATA): It is a trade association of the world’s airlines representing some 290 airlines or 82% of total air traffic. Headquarter– Montreal, Canada.
- Which state has signed MoU with UK India Business Council (UKIBC) to strengthen State’s industrial development (September 2020)?
2) West Bengal
5) MaharashtraAnswer-2) West Bengal
West Bengal Industrial Development Corporation (WBIDC) and UK (United Kingdom) India Business Council (UKIBC) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to accelerate industrial development in West Bengal.
- Who has virtually presented the National Service Scheme (NSS) Awards for the year 2018-19?
1) Ram Nath Kovind
2) Amit Shah
3) Narendra Modi
4) Nitin Gadkari
5) Rajnath SinghAnswer-1) Ram Nath Kovind
Ram Nath Kovind, President of India conferred the National Service Scheme(NSS) Awards also known as Rashtriya Seva Yojana Award for the year 2018-2019 over a virtual from Rashtrapati Bhawan, New Delhi. He presented the awards to 42 awardees under 3 categories. Kiren Rijiju, Union Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports attended the virtual event from Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.
- Who among the following has won the AIFF Women’s Footballer of the year award 2019-2020 (Gurpreet Singh Sandhu won men’s player of the year award 2019-20)?
1) Sangita Basfore
2) Aditi Chauhan
3) Harmanpreet Kaur
4) Sweety Devi
5) Sanju YadavAnswer-5) Sanju Yadav
Gurpreet Singh Sandhu, (28 years) from Chandigarh, goalkeeper of Indian National Men’s Football team and Sanju Yadav (22 years) from Haryana, Midfielder of India’s National Women’s Football team were declared as the winners of the annual All India Football Federation (AIFF) Men’s Footballer of the Year Award 2019-2020 and AIFF Women’s Footballer of the Year Award 2019-2020 respectively.Other 2019-2020 AIFF Awards:
Award Winner AIFF Men’s Emerging Footballer of the Year Anirudh Thapa AIFF Emerging Women’s Footballer of the Year Ratanbala Devi AIFF Award for the Best Assistant Referee P. Vaira Muthu (from Tamil Nadu). AIFF Award for the Best Referee L. Ajit Kumar Meetei (from Manipur). AIFF Award for the Best Grassroots Development Programme West Bengal (based on E-licence courses and Golden Baby Leagues).
- Which country hosted the virtual Ministerial Round Table Dialogue on Biodiversity Beyond 2020 (Prakash Javadekar represented India)?
2) United States
5) JapanAnswer-3) China
Union Minister for Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC), Prakash Javadekar represented India at the virtual Ministerial Roundtable Dialogue on Biodiversity Beyond 2020. The meeting was held to exchange views on Biodiversity Conservation and Sustainable Development. The meeting was hosted by China. The Dialogue was conducted on the topic of Biodiversity Beyond 2020: Building a Shared Future for All Life on Earth. 15Ministers from different countries participated in the Roundtable Dialogue. Prakash Javadekar called all countries to join hands at the start of the “UN Decade of Action and Delivery for Sustainable Development”. The 15th Conference of Parties (COPs) to the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) is scheduled to be held in 2021 at Kunming, China.
- India partnered with which country to co-develop Hi-tech weapon system?
5) GreeceAnswer-1) Israel
On September 26, 2020, a new sub working group (SWG) to promote such joint projects, under the overarching joint working group on defence cooperation headed by Indian defence secretary Ajay Kumar and his Israeli counterpart, was set up. The SWG will be headed by Sanjay Jaju, joint secretary (defence industries production) in the Indian defence ministry and Eyal Calif, director Asia & Pacific from the Israeli one. India partnered with Israel to co-develop Hi-tech weapon system.
- Israel defence force has successfully tested sea to sea missile system recently. What is the capital of Israel?
5) AmmanAnswer-4) Jerusalem
Israel’s Navy and Defense Ministry’s Weapons Development and Technology Infrastructure Administration (MAFAT) successfully test fired a new Sea-To-Sea Missile System. The Missile is yet to be named and has been designed to ensure Israel’s continued Naval Superiority. The New Missile system has been developed by Israeli Aerospace Industries (IAI). The Missiles will be integrated into Israel Navy’s Sa’ar 5 and Sa’ar 6 Corvette Missile Ships. The capital and currency of Israel are Jerusalem and Israeli Shekel respectively.
- When was World Contraception Day (WCD) observed annually ______.
1) September 26
2) September 25
3) September 24
4) September 27
5) September 28Answer-1) September 26
World Contraception Day (WCD) is observed annually on 26th September. WCD is observed to improve awareness of contraception and to enable young people to make an informed decision on their sexual and reproductive health.
- UN International Day for the Total Elimination of Nuclear Weapons is annually observed on September 26 since which year?
5) 2014Answer-5) 2014
United Nations(UNs) International Day for the Total Elimination of Nuclear Weapons is annually observed across the globe on 26th September to provide an opportunity for the global communities to reaffirm and priorities their commitment to the global nuclear disarmament. The first International Day for the Total Elimination of Nuclear Weapons was first celebrated on 26th September 2014. The United Nations General Assembly in its resolution A/RES/68/32 on December 2013 proclaimed 26th September as the International Day for the Total Elimination of Nuclear Weapons following the high level meeting of the UNGA on nuclear disarmament on 26th September 2013 in New York, United States of America.
- World Environmental Health Day is annually observed on September 26. What is the theme of World Environmental Health Day 2020?
1) “Addressing Environmental Health Inequalities”
2) “Environmental Health, a key public health intervention in disease pandemic prevention”
3) “Indoor and Outdoor Air Quality”
4) “Global Food Safety and Sustainability”
5) “Tobacco control and Sustainable Development”Answer-2) “Environmental Health, a key public health intervention in disease pandemic prevention”
World Environmental Health Day is annually observed on September 26 to raise awareness about the environmental health concerns and to highlight the important work of environmental health around the world. The Theme for 2020 is “Environmental Health, a key public health intervention in disease pandemic prevention”. The day was launched by the International Federation of Environmental Health (IFEH) council at its meeting in Indonesia on September 26, 2011.
- Government of Assam developed a mobile app named “Visitassam” for air passengers from other states. Who is the present chief minister of Assam?
1) Neiphiu Rio
2) Pu Zoramthanga
3) Sarbananda Sonowal
4) Conrad Kongkal Sangma
5) N. Biren SinghAnswer-3) Sarbananda Sonowal
Minister for Health and Family Welfare of Assam, Himanta Biswa Sarma announced that the Government of Assam developed a mobile app named “Visitassam” for air passengers from other states. Visitassam enables the air passengers to download forms and fill it which can be used at the airports to reduce the time spent on the formalities for COVID-19 tests and ensures the proper social distancing among the passengers. Sarbananda Sonowal is the current chief minister of Assam.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Rajiv Gandhi International Airport is located in which city?
5) New DelhiAnswer-4) Hyderabad
The Airport Council International(ACI), a worldwide association for the air transport industry, granted GMR Group-led Rajiv Gandhi International Airport located at Hyderabad, Telangana, the Airport Health Accreditation (AHA) for the safety measures being taken at the aerodrome. The airport is among the 1st airports in the Asia Pacific region to have received this accreditation.
- Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve is located at which state?
3) Uttar Pradesh
4) Madhya Pradesh
5) ChhattisgarhAnswer-4) Madhya Pradesh
In Madhya Pradesh, fifteen elephants deployed for various tasks in the state’s Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve are on a unique week-long picnic these days. This picnic is organized every year as an annual Elephant Festival. The rejuvenation camp for elephants recently, giving them a break from their routine work.
- Satindra Mohan Dev Stadium is located at which state?
1) Arunachal Pradesh
5) TripuraAnswer-4) Assam
Satindra Mohan Dev Stadium is a multi-purpose stadium situated at Silchar, Assam. It was earlier known as the District Sports Association Stadium. After extensive upgrade of facilities, it was renamed after the father of Sri Santosh Mohan Dev.
- What is the currency of Denmark?
5) WonAnswer-3) Krone
The capital and currency of Denmark are Copenhagen & Krone respectively.
- Where is the headquarters of International Energy Agency (IEA) located?
1) New Delhi
5) LondonAnswer-3) Paris
The International Energy Agency is a Paris (France)-based autonomous intergovernmental organization.