AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 27 & 28 December 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Which organisation alongside the Ministry of Commerce & Industry & National Jal Jeevan Mission (NJJM), Department of Drinking Water & Sanitation (Ministry of Jal Shakti) launched a “Water Quality Testing Innovation Challenge”?
1) NITI Aayog
2) National Informatics Centre (NIC)
3) Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT)
4) Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)
5) Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
Answer-3) Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT)
Department of Promotion of Industry & Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce & Industry & National Jal Jeevan Mission (NJJM), Department of Drinking Water & Sanitation (Ministry of Jal Shakti) have launched a “Water Quality Testing Innovation Challenge” for developing ‘Portable devices for testing drinking water quality’. People who receive piped water supply in their homes do not have any means to test the potability of water, the challenge aims to address this situation by providing an innovative, cost-effective device.
- What is the theme of the 6th Edition of Indian International Science Festival 2020 (IISF 2020) held virtually at New Delhi between December 22-25 that was virtually inaugurated by PM Narendra Modi?
1) Science for Self-Reliant India and the Global Welfare
2) Science for the Masses
3) Science for Transformation
4) Science for New India
5) RISEN India – Research, Innovation, and Science Empowering the Nation
Answer-1) Science for Self-Reliant India and the Global Welfare
The 6th Edition of Indian International Science Festival 2020 (IISF 2020) took place virtually in New Delhi through virtual mode from December 22-25, 2020. Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi inaugurated the event in the presence of Dr Harsh Vardhan, Minister of Science & Technology, Earth Sciences & Health & Family Welfare. Theme of IISF 2020 – “Science for Self-Reliant India and the Global Welfare”.
- CSIR-NISCAIR (National Institute of Science Communication & Information Resources), MoES & VIBHA organized the Vigyanika-International Science Literature Festival 2020 to mark the Birth Anniversary of ________.
1) Srinivasa Ramanujan
2) Homi J. Bhabha
3) C. V. Raman
4) Vikram Sarabhai
5) Jagdish Chandra Bose
Answer-1) Srinivasa Ramanujan
CSIR-NISCAIR (National Institute of Science Communication & Information Resources), MoES & VIBHA organized the Vigyanika-International Science Literature Festival 2020 to mark the Birth Anniversary of Srinivasa Ramanujan on 22nd December.
- Which Indian institute was recognised by Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (CEPI) as one of the six Global networks of Laboratories for Centralized assessment of COVID-19 Vaccines?
1) Christian Medical College (CMC)
2) Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER)
3) Kerala Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS)
4) Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER)
5) Translational Health Science & Technology Institute (THSTI)
Answer-5) Translational Health Science & Technology Institute (THSTI)
While addressing, Overseas Science & Technology Ministers’ & Diplomats’ Conclave 2020, Union Minister Harsh Vardhan stated that Immunoassay Laboratory of Translational Health Science & Technology Institute (THSTI) in Pali, Haryana has been recognized by Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (CEPI) as one of the six Global networks of Laboratories for Centralized assessment of COVID-19 Vaccines.
- Where was India’s 1st Mega Leather Park planned to be established?
The Government of Uttar Pradesh(UP) is set to establish India’s First Mega Leather Park in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh. This project is expected to generate more than 50000 job opportunities and indirectly provide livelihood to more than 1.5 lakh individuals. The Union Ministry of Commerce has given approval to the project. The project is set to be built across 235 acres in Ramaipur village, Kanpur at an expense of Rs.5850 crores. This will attract an investment worth Rs. 13000 crores.
- Where was India’s 1st Lithium refinery planned to be established?
5) Uttar Pradesh
The 1st Lithium refinery of India is to be set up in Gujarat. It will process Lithium ore to produce battery-grade material. More than Rs 1,000 crore will be invested by Manikaran Power Limited(MPL) to set up this refinery. MPL will import Lithium ore from Australia and process it in Gujarat. Lithium is a rare element not usually found in India. India imports 100% lithium ion batteries from China, among others. This is the reason behind the high price of electric vehicles as the cost of batteries is largely consumed by the manufacturing cost of EVs. India has set an ambitious goal of increasing the Electric Vehicle numbers to 30% by 2030.
- Which state government has adopted Bodo as its associate official language on December, 2020?
2) Arunachal Pradesh
5) West Bengal
On December 22, 2020, Assam Cabinet headed by Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal approved the ‘Assam Official Language Amendment Bill’ for making Bodo (Devanagari script) also known as Boro as an associate official language of the state. The Bill will now be tabled in the Assam Legislative Assembly. According to the Census 2011, There are ~ 14.16 Lakh Bodo speakers in Assam. It is one of the 22 languages listed in the 8th Schedule of the Constitution. It is spoken in the states of Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Meghalaya & West bengal.
- An innovative Plant based mock egg developed by ______ based researcher has won the 1st prize at Innovate4SDG contest by ‘UNDP Accelerator Lab India’ on December, 2020?
1) IIT Mumbai
2) IISc Bangalore
3) IIT Madras
4) IIT Delhi
5) NIT Warangal
Answer-4) IIT Delhi
The innovation of plant-based mock egg by Prof. Kavya Dashora, Centre for Rural Development and Technology, IIT Delhi has secured first prize at Innovate4SDG contest by ‘UNDP (United Nation Development Program) Accelerator Lab India’. The development of the mock egg meets the protein needs of the diet-specific, health-conscious, vegan, and vegetarian people. This innovation addresses SDG 2 and 3.
- Where is TATA- Indian Institute of Skills located, which recently commenced skill training courses along with Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE) for the 1st batch under Skill India Mission, on December, 2020?
The first batch at TATA-Indian Institute of Skills, Mumbai will commence training with two courses in Factory Automation, with duration ranging from1 to 4 weeks, depending upon the pre-qualification profile of the trainee under Skill India Mission. The institute will also offer scholarships to the first 100 students along with attractive fee options during this initial launch phase. The institute is a joint initiative between the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE), Government of India and Tata Indian Institute of Skills.
- Which state government launched the scheme Navaratnalu-Pedalandariki Illu for constructing houses for the poor in the state by 2024?
2) Madhya Pradesh
5) Andhra Pradesh
Answer-5) Andhra Pradesh
On December 25 2020, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy launched the scheme named Navaratnalu-Pedalandariki Illu (Nine jewels – housing for all the poor), at Komarigiri village of U-Kothapalli block of East Godavari district. A total of 30.90 lakh houses will be constructed by the government by 2024 for the poor people of the state and ensure that every household in the state has a pucca (cemented) house.
- Punjab National Bank (PNB) has introduced PNB e-Credit Card in December 2020. Who is the CEO of PNB?
1) Sunil Kakar
2) CH S.S. Mallikarjuna Rao
3) Mukesh Kumar Jain
4) R.A. Sankara Narayanan
5) C. VR. Rajendran
Answer-2) CH S.S. Mallikarjuna Rao
On December 24, 2020 Punjab National Bank (PNB) introduced PNB e-Credit Card. This card is a digital imitation of a physical Credit Card. PNB customers can use this card at any e-commerce platform or merchant website, without having to carry the physical card. The details of the card can be viewed in PNB Genie Mobile app by clicking on the e-Credit Card facility. It helps the customers to activate the card for international/ Domestic use and also to set up transaction limits for ATM, ecommerce, PoS and Contactless payments.
- What is the new name of Axis Mutual Fund’s multicap scheme?
1) Axis Bluechip Fund
2) Axis Focused 25 Fund
3) Axis Treasury Advantage Fund
4) Axis Flexicap Fund
5) Axis Triple Advantage Fund
Answer-4) Axis Flexicap Fund
Axis Mutual fund has renamed its multicap scheme as the Axis Flexicap Fund. This comes after the Securities and Exchange Board of India put a strict mandate for multi cap funds to allocate at least 25% each in small and mid-cap stocks.
- Which of the following organisations signed an agreement with Directorate General of Training (DGT) under the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) to provide skill development programs to ITI students, on December, 2020?
1) Wipro and FICCI
2) Google and NASSCOM Foundation
3) Microsoft and NPCI
4) Microsoft and NASSCOM Foundation
5) NPCI and Google
Answer-4) Microsoft and NASSCOM Foundation
On December 24, 2020 The Directorate General of Training (DGT) under the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE), Microsoft and NASSCOM Foundation signed agreement to provide Digitized Blended content with self-learning digital tutorials and handholding from teachers for Industrial Training Institutes(ITIs) students so as to increase employability. This digital learning module can be accessed through the Bharat Skills platform. The blended digital content will benefit about 1,20,000 students in around 3000 ITIs across India.
- For which state, Suresh Chandra Mohapatra was appointed as the new Chief Secretariat on December, 2020?
3) West Bengal
On 25th December 2020, the Government of Odisha appointed Suresh Chandra Mohapatra, a 1986 batch Indian Administrative Service(IAS) officer as the New Chief Secretary of Odisha and he will also hold the post of Chief Development Commissioner. He will succeed Asit Kumar Tripathy who will retire from the service on 31st December 2020.
- Name the Indian organisation which received the ‘Excellence’ award in Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Domain in 15th CII-ITC Sustainability Awards 2020?
1) NTPC Limited
2) Sterlite Technologies Limited
3) Bharat Aluminium Company
4) Nestlé India Limited
5) Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail Limited
Answer-1) NTPC Limited
On December 23, 2020 NTPC Limited (formerly- National Thermal Power Corporation Limited won ‘Excellence’ award in Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Domain in 15th CII-ITC Sustainability Awards 2020. In addition to this, NTPC has also received Commendation for Significant Achievement in the category of Corporate Excellence. NTPC wins the CII-ITC Sustainability Award in the corporate excellence category for consecutive second time. NTPC is the only PSU to receive the award in the Corporate Excellence category.
- What is India’s rank with most publications on Artificial Intelligence (AI) in the ‘Nature Index 2020 Artificial Intelligence’ released by Nature Research, International Scientific publishing company?
According to the ‘Nature Index 2020 Artificial Intelligence’ released by Nature Research, International Scientific publishing company, India ranked 3rd (with 91,563 publications) in the list of 25 Countries with most publications on Artificial Intelligence (AI) during the period 2015-2019. China topped the List, followed by the United States. The whole Index is based on the time period between 2015-19. India ranked 20th among 25 countries in artificial intelligence ranked by total article share in the field from 2015 to 2019. Anna University, Chennai ranked 32nd in Top 100 research organizations in the AI field. It is the only Indian Organization in Top 100.
- “In Pursuit of Justice: An Autobiography” is the autobiography of Justice _____.
1) Markandey Katju
2) Rajindar Sachar
3) Ranjan Gogoi
4) Abhinav Chandrachud
5) Prashant Bhushan
Answer-2) Rajindar Sachar
On 22nd December 2020, “In Pursuit of Justice: An Autobiography” the autobiography of the Justice Rajindar Sachar was launched posthumously by his family in association with the Indian Society of International Law and The Indian Law Institute over a virtual event organised to mark his birth anniversary. The book has been published by Rupa Publications.
- Which language did late Poet Shamsur Rahman Faruqi’s work belong to, for he received the Padma Shri for literature & education?
On 25th December 2020, Padma Shri Shamsur Rahman Faruqi India’s renowned Urdu Poet, writer, critic and theorist, passed away at the age of 85 in Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh. He was born on 30th September 1935 in Azamgarh, Uttar Pradesh. He received the Padma Shri for literature & education in 2009.
- Robin David Jackman, who passed away recently on December, 2020 was a famous _____ player
On December 25, 2020 Robin David Jackman, former England cricketer and commentator passed away at the age of 75 at his home in Cape Town, South Africa. He was a right handed batsman and right-arm fast-medium bowler(seamer). He was born on 13 August 1945 in Shimla, Punjab, British India (Now Shimla is in Himachal Pradesh).
- For which sport did the late John Hugh Edrich represent England?
On December 23, 2020 John Hugh Edrich, former England cricketer passed away at the age of 83 at his home in north Scotland. The Left-hand opening batsman was one of the best English top order batsmen of his generation. He was born on June 21, 1937 in Blofield, Norfolk, England. He was the Honorary Life Member of Marylebone Cricket Club. Apart from England, he also played for Surrey County Cricket Club.
- What is the purpose of the app ‘E-Sampada’, which was virtually launched by Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Housing & Urban Affairs (MoHUA)?1) GOI Housing services
2) GOI Estate services
3) GOI Rural services
4) GOI Urban services
5) GOI Student services
Answer-2) GOI Estate services
On December 25, 2020, Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Housing & Urban Affairs (MoHUA), Hardeep Singh Puri virtually launched ‘E-Sampada’ – web portal & Mobile app on Good Governance Day 2020.E-Sampada will serve as a single window for Management of all Government of India (GoI) Estate services. It has been developed by the National Informatics Centre (NIC). E-Sampada is an integration of Four Websites (gpra.nic.in, eawas.nic.in, estates.gov.in, holiday homes.nic.in), and two Mobile Apps (m-Awas & m-Ashoka5) of the Directorate of Estates. The application will be a major step towards bringing uniformity across estate systems in India on line of ‘One Nation, One System’.
- Which state government recently launched ”One Stop Shop” (OSS) facility of the Bureau of Investment Promotion (BIP) to make available around 100 types of clearances and services, on December, 2020?
Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot launched ”One Stop Shop” (OSS) facility of the Bureau of Investment Promotion (BIP) to make available around 100 types of clearances and services pertaining to 14 departments required by investors. An online interface of the service will be available through Raj Nivesh portal which was launched by the chief minister in a state-level function to mark the completion of the second year of his government.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where was India’s 1st hot air balloon wildlife safari launched?
1) Kanha Tiger Reserve
2) Pench National Park
3) Sariska Tiger Reserve
4) Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve
5) Satpura Tiger Reserve
Answer-4) Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve
India’s first hot air balloon wildlife safari in a tiger reserve was launched in the world famous Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve by Madhya Pradesh forest minister Vijay Shah. The activity will be restricted to the buffer area and people can watch tigers, leopards, Indian sloth bears and other wild animals from a height.
- When was the Ministry of Jal Shakti formed?
The Ministry of Jal Shakti is a ministry under the Government of India which was formed in May 2019. This was formed by merging of two ministries; Ministry of Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation and Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation.
- Which constituency does Union Minister Mahendra Nath Pandey represent in 2019 Uttar Pradesh Lok Sabha election?
Mahendra Nath Pandey is an Indian politician who served as the Minister of Education of India. He currently serves as the Minister for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship of India and Member of Lok Sabha for Chandauli,UttarPradesh since 2014.
- Which is known as the Leather City of the World?
The City of Kanpur is popularly referred to as “Leather City of the World”, Manchester of India/Manchester of the East.
- On which schedule, the official languages of India are mentioned?
The 22 official languages are listed in the 8th Schedule of the Constitution.