AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 26 March 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Which State was Ranked 1st in India for reducing Tuberculosis cases, among the states with population more than 50 lakhs under the State TBI Index 2021?
2) Himachal Pradesh
3) Arunachal Pradesh
Answer-2) Himachal Pradesh
On the occasion of World Tuberculosis Day on March 24,
Lakshadweep (UT) & District of Budgam (Jammu & Kashmir) were declared Tuberculosis (TB) free.
Himachal Pradesh achieved 1st Rank in India amongst the states with a population of more than 50 Lakhs, under the State TBI Index 2021.
India also resolved to end Tuberculosis by 2025.
- US Defence Secretary made a 3-day visit to India (in Mar’21) where it was agreed to re-establish the ‘India-US Home Security Dialogue’. Who is the incumbent US Defence Secretary?
1) Gina Raimondo
2) Janet Yellen
3) Xavier Becerra
4) Antony J. Blinken
5) Lloyd Austin
Answer-5) Lloyd Austin
India & US have agreed to re-establish the ‘India-US Home Security Dialogue’. Issues like Cybersecurity, emerging technology & addressing Violent Extremism will be discussed.
It was launched in 2010 as the mechanism to a sequel to signing of the India-US Counter-Terrorism initiative. But discontinued by Donald Trump.
US Defence Secretary Lloyd J Austin III arrived in India on a Three-day visit from
March 19-21, 2021. It is the first visit by a Top Official of the newly elected Biden Administration to India.
- Which country’s Civil Service recruitment agency will sign an MoU with India’s Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) as per the recent (in Mar’21) approval made by Indian Cabinet?
4) Sri Lanka
In March 2021, The Union Cabinet approved the signing of an MoU between Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), India & Independent Administrative Reform and Civil Service Commission (IARCSC), Afghanistan. To facilitate sharing of experience & expertise of both parties in the area of recruitment.
- In March 2021, Union Cabinet approved the signing of a Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) between India & _________ for improving water security & water resource development.
In March 2021, the Union Cabinet gave approval for the signing of a Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) between the Department of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, Ministry of Jal Shakti, Government of India & Water and Disaster Management bureau, Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism of Japan in the field of Water resources.
· Targeted to achieve water security, improved irrigation facility and sustainability in water resources development.
- With which country Indian Navy recently (in Mar’21) conducted its 1st Joint Naval Patrol that saw the participation of INS Shardul?
Indian Navy’s INS Shardul recently (in Mar’21) participated in the 1st ever Joint Naval Patrol with Madagascar at Madagascar’s Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ). There by expanding India’s defence footprint in the western Indian Ocean Region (IOR).
· In March, Indian Navy also conducted a PASSAGE exercise with Bangladesh Navy at Mongla port in Bangladesh.
- Which country’s space agency collaborated with ISRO for developing the earth observation satellite, TRISHNA (Thermal infraRed Imaging Satellite for High-resolution Natural Resource Assessment)?
India’s ISRO & France’s CNES are working on the 3rd joint satellite mission, as a bilateral space collaboration is entering into multiple domains like space exploration and human spaceflight programme.
ISRO and CNES have completed the feasibility study to realise the earth observation satellite mission with thermal infrared imager, ‘TRISHNA (Thermal infraRed Imaging Satellite for High-resolution Natural Resource Assessment)’.
- What is India’s rank in the 2021’s International Intellectual Property (IP) Index released by the US Chamber of Commerce?
India with a score of 38.40 has been ranked 40th out of 53 Global Economies in the 9th Edition of the ‘International Intellectual Property (IP) Index: Recovery through Ingenuity 2021’ released by US Chamber of Commerce’s Global Innovation Policy Centre (GIPC). USA, UK & Germany topped the Index.
- Which is the 1st bank in India to launch an instant EMI facility, “EMI @ Internet Banking”?
1) HDFC Bank
2) Kotak Mahindra Bank
3) Axis Bank
4) State Bank of India
5) ICICI Bank
Answer-5) ICICI Bank
On March 24, 2021, ICICI Bank became the 1st Indian bank to launch an instant EMI (Equated Monthly Instalments) facility in its internet banking platform ‘EMI @ Internet Banking’ in partnership with BillDesk and Razorpay, leading online payment gateway companies.
· It enables its Customers with purchases of products or services ranging from ₹50,000 to ₹5 lakh.
- Which organisation recently (in Mar’21) acquired 26% stake in Indian Gas Exchange (IGX)?
2) National Stock Exchange
4) Adani Total Gas
5) Torrent Gas
Answer-2) National Stock Exchange
The Indian Energy Exchange (IEX) has divested 26% of its equity holding in the Indian Gas Exchange (IGX) to National Stock Exchange of India (NSE).
· After this NSE became a co-promoter and the 2nd largest shareholder on the IGX gas-trading platform.
· This will facilitate in achieving India’s target of increasing the share of natural gas in India’s energy basket from current 5% to 15% by 2030.
- Who authored the book, “Names of the Women”?
1) Jeet Thayil
2) Vikram Seth
3) Aravind Adiga
4) Amitav Ghosh
5) Manu Joseph
Answer-1) Jeet Thayil
Jeet Thayil’s new book titled ‘Names of the Women’ talks about women whose roles were suppressed, reduced or removed in the Gospels.
· He was best known for his book “Narcopolis” which was shortlisted for Man Booker Prize 2012.