AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 26 December 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Which among the following sites was recently recognised by the Ministry for Environment, Forest & Climate Change (MoEFCC), to become India’s 42nd Ramsar Site, on December, 2020?
1) Chandra Taal
2) Vembanad-Kol Wetland
3) Chilika Lake
4) Tso Kar Wetland
5) Sundarban WetlandAnswer-4) Tso Kar Wetland
On December 24, 2020, Union Minister for Environment, Forest & Climate Change (MoEFCC), Prakash Javadekar announced that Tso Kar Wetland complex in Changthang region, Ladakh has been added to the list of Ramsar Sites (Wetlands of International Importance). It will be India’s 42nd site & UT Ladakh’s 2nd Ramsar Site. Tso Kar Wetland Complex consists of 2 principal waterbodies – Startsapuk Tso, a freshwater lake & Tso Kar, a hypersaline lake.
- Which Railway Zone became the 1st in India to commission the use of End of Train Telemetry (EoTT) system?
1) West Central Railway
2) East Coast Railway
3) North Frontier Railway
4) South East Central Railway
5) Eastern RailwayAnswer-2) East Coast Railway
East Coast Railway (ECoR) has become the 1st railway zone in India to commission the use of End of Train Telemetry (EoTT) system. With the installation of EoTT trains can now run without employing guards & brake vans. The main purpose of the device is to establish communication between the Locomotive Pilot (LP) & last wagon of the train for ensuring that the Train is running all coaches and wagons as a single unit. Electric Loco Shed, Angul in Odisha commissioned and tested the EoTT.
- Which Ministry recently formulated new rules regarded as Rights of Consumers, to provide consumers with various online facilities for reliable services on December, 2020?
1) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
2) Ministry of Power
3) Ministry of Finance
4) Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
5) Ministry of Corporate AffairsAnswer-2) Ministry of Power
On 21st December, 2020 Union Ministry of Power promulgated rules to empower consumers of electricity by issuing “Electricity (Rights of Consumers) Rules, 2020”. On the occasion, Minister of state for Power R.K. Singh assured that the issued rules will provide consumers with reliable service and quality electricity. Consumers can apply for New electricity connection, pay bills and avail other services through online facilities.
- Where was India’s largest Hockey Stadium planned to be built, that will be a part of hosting International Hockey Federations’(FIH) 2023 Men’s Hockey World Cup?
5) SambalpurAnswer-1) Rourkela
On 25th December, 2020, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik announced the plan for India’s largest Hockey stadium to be built in Rourkela city with a seating capacity of 20,000. The stadium will also be a part of hosting International Hockey Federations’(FIH) 2023 Men’s Hockey World Cup that is planned to be held at Odisha.
- Which Central University had its centenary celebration, that was virtually addressed by PM Narendra Modi on December, 2020?
1) Presidency University
2) Visva-Bharati University
3) University of Madra
4) Rabindra Bharati University
5) Aligarh Muslim UniversityAnswer-2) Visva-Bharati University
On December 24, 2020 Prime Minister Narendra Modi virtually addressed the centenary celebrations of Visva-Bharati University in Santiniketan, West Bengal. Founded by Gurudev Rabindranath Tagore in 1921, Visva-Bharati is one of the oldest Central Universities in the country.
- Where is South India’s first, Rescue and Rehabilitation Center for Monkey located?
2) Andhra Pradesh
5) Tamil NaduAnswer-1) Telangana
The first rescue and rehabilitation center for monkeys was launched in Telangana’s northern district of Nirmal. The Forest department has spent Rs 2.25 crore in setting up the center, which is only the second such facility in the country after the one available in Himachal Pradesh.
- Which Banks’ licence was recently cancelled by RBI for breaching the minimum net worth requirement for 2 quarters, on December, 2020?
1) South Gujarat Local Area Bank
2) Coastal Local Area Bank
3) Subhadra Local Area Bank
4) Capital Local Area Bank
5) Krishna Bhima Samruddhi Local Area BankAnswer-3) Subhadra Local Area Bank
Banking Licence of Subhadra Local Area Bank at Kolhapur, Maharashtra under Section 22 (4) of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949 was cancelled by Reserve Bank of India (RBI) with immediate effect from December 24, 2020. But the bank has enough liquidity funds to refund the deposit amounts to its customers.
RBI had cancelled the licence due to the bank’s activities lead to affecting the interests of the Bank’s current and future depositors. The bank had also breached the minimum net worth requirement for two quarters in the financial year 2019-20.
- What was India’s projected GDP rate for FY 2020-21 as per the estimations of India Ratings and Research (Ind-Ra) as of December, 2020?
1) – 11.8 %
2) – 8.8 %
3) – 6.6 %
4) – 9.3 %
5) – 7.8 %Answer-5) – 7.8 %
India Ratings and Research (Ind-Ra) revised its previous projection of Gross Domestic Product (GDP) due to the sustainability of the recovery perceived in Q2 when the economy contracted only 7.5%, after a 23.9% contraction in Q1. Ind-Ra has revised its estimate for GDP contraction FY 2020-21 to 7.8% from the earlier projection of 11.8%. This is in line with the revision in the projected contraction by RBI, ADB, Fitch, and others.
- Which country signed a Memorandum of Cooperation with India’s Ministry of Steel for mutual cooperation in steel production, on December, 2020?
5) JapanAnswer-5) Japan
On December 22, 2020, a Memorandum of Cooperation between the Ministry of Steel, Government of India & Ministry of Economy, Trade & Industry, Government of Japan in the Field of Steel Industry. The agreement will help in boosting India’s steel manufacturing sector, and also in improving the quality & quantity of steel produced in India. The two sides agreed to establish “India-Japan steel dialogue” at the joint secretary-level for boosting mutual cooperation in the sector.
- Who recently became the MD & CEO of YES Securities (India) Limited, on December, 2020?
1) Prashant Kumar
2) Prasanth Prabhakaran
3) Amitabh Chaudhry
4) Vikas Dawra
5) Rana KapoorAnswer-2) Prasanth Prabhakaran
On 23rd December 2020, Prasanth Prabhakaran, joint MD and CEO of YES Securities (India) Limited, wholly owned subsidiary of YES Bank, was elevated as its MD and CEO with immediate effect. Prasanth Prabhakaran will oversee the investment banking and merchant banking verticals. Earlier, along with Prasanth Prabhakaran, Vikas Dawra served as the Joint MD and CEO of YES Securities (India) Limited.
- Who became the New Prime Minister of Romania on December, 2020?
1) Florin Citu
2) Ludovic Orban
3) Klaus Iohannis
4) San Suu Kyi
5) Maia SanduAnswer- 1) Florin Citu
On 23rd December 2020, the Parliament of Romania approved the new liberal government which was voted by the 260 lawmakers out of 465 seats in the two chamber assembly of Romania. Florin Citu, Former investment banker and Finance Minister, of the ruling National Liberal Party (NLP) became the new Prime Minister(PM) of Romania.
- Who was appointed as the President of Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (Assocham) on December, 2020?
1) Niranjan Hiranandani
2) Ajay Singh
3) Vineet Agarwal
4) Sumant Sinha
5) Rono DuttaAnswer-3) Vineet Agarwal
Managing Director of logistics major Transport Corporation of India Limited, Vineet Agarwal has taken over as the new President of the Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (Assocham). He replaces Niranjan Hiranandani, Co-Founder and MD, Hiranandani Group of Companies. Sumant Sinha, Chairman and Managing Director of ReNew Power, is the new Senior Vice-President of Assocham.
- Who was appointed as the Chairman of BCCI’s Senior men’s selection committee on December, 2020?
1) Chetan Sharma
2) Kapil Dev
3) Debashish Mohanty
4) Jay Shah
5) Abey KuruvillaAnswer-1) Chetan Sharma
The Madan Lal-led Cricket Advisory committee has named Chetan Sharma, Abey Kuruvilla and Debashish Mohanty as the new members of the senior selection committee of Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI). Chetan Sharma for the role of Chairman of the senior men’s selection committee based on seniority (total number of Test matches). The CAC will review the candidates after a one-year period and make the recommendations to the BCCI.
- Where was the 51st round of the 5-day Director General (DG) Level Border Coordination meeting between India’s Border Security Force (BSF) & Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) held for the 1st time in the last 4 decades?
5) AgartalaAnswer-1) Guwahati
The 51st round of the 5-day Director General (DG) Level Border Coordination meeting between India’s Border Security Force (BSF) & Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) is taking place at Guwahati, Assam from December 22-26, 2020. This is the 1st time in 4 decades that the Biannual conference is being held outside Delhi. The 12-member BSF delegation was led by Director General Rakesh Asthana & the 11-member BGB delegation was led by Major General Md Shafeenul Islam.
- Which Bank sold its entire stake in Cent Bank Home Finance Ltd (CBHFL) to Centrum Housing Finance for Rs.160 crore?
1) Union Bank of India
2) Allahabad Bank
3) Central Bank of India
4) Bank of Baroda
5) Bank of IndiaAnswer- 3) Central Bank of India
Central Bank of India sold the entire stake of its joint venture Cent Bank Home Finance Ltd (CBHFL) to Centrum Housing Finance for Rs.160 crore. The bank has entered into a binding agreement to divest its entire equity stake of 64.40% i.e. 1,61,00,000 shares of the face value of Rs 10 each in Cent Bank Home Finance Ltd (CBHFL), to Centrum Housing Finance.
- Which organisation recently acquired 8.99 % equity stake in non-banking finance company Paisalo Digital, on December, 2020?
1) HDFC Life Insurance
2) Axis Bank
3) Kotak Mahindra Bank
4) SBI Life Insurance
5) Bharti AirtelAnswer-4) SBI Life Insurance
On 24 December 2020, SBI Life Insurance Company acquired 38 lakh equity shares or 8.99% equity stake in non-banking finance company Paisalo Digital. It has acquired equity shares of the Non-Banking Financial Company(NBFC) at Rs 489.99 per share for a consideration of Rs 186.20.
- Due to COVID-19 pandemic, 2021 FIFA U-20 World Cup & 2021 FIFA U-17 World Cup planned to be held in Indonesia & Peru was rescheduled to _____.
5) 2025Answer- 4) 2023
On December 24, 2020, FIFA (Federation Internationale de Football Association) announced the cancellation of 2 Men’s Tournaments – 2021 FIFA U-20 World Cup & 2021 FIFA U-17 World Cup due to the impact of COVID-19. FIFA has also announced that FIFA U-20 World Cup will be hosted by Indonesia in 2023 & FIFA U-17 World Cup will be hosted by Peru in 2023. Indonesia & Peru were the hosts of the 2021 Edition.
- Which Basketball player was recently banned for 2 years by the National Anti-Doping Agency’s (NADA) disciplinary panel for failing a dope test on December, 2020?
1) Satnam Singh Bhamara
2) Amjyot Singh
3) Kobe Bryant
4) Larry Bird
5) Yadwinder SinghAnswer-1) Satnam Singh Bhamara
Satnam Singh Bhamara, who had created history by becoming the first Indian player to be drafted into an NBA team in 2015, has been handed a two-year ban by the National Anti-Doping Agency’s (NADA) disciplinary panel for failing a dope test in 2019.
- What is the name of Book written by Madhav Bhandari, that was released by former Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis on December, 2020?
1) Majhi Bhint
3) Pandemonium: The Great Indian Banking Tragedy
4) Till We Win
5) Jugalbandi: The BJP Before ModiAnswer- 2) Ayodhya
On 22nd December 2020, Devendra Fadnavis, the Former Chief Minister of Maharashtra and leader of the opposition in the State legislative assembly launched “Ayodhya” the new book authored by Madhav Bhandari, Vice President of BJP (Maharashtra) in Mumbai, Maharashtra. The Marathi book is published by Param Mitra Publications.
- When was National Good Governance Day observed annually?
1) 31st November
2) 22nd December
3) 25th November
4) 31st December
5) 25th DecemberAnswer-5) 25th December
National Good Governance Day is annually observed across Indian on 25th December to create awareness about the accountability of the government. The day also marks the birth anniversary of India’s former Prime Minister(PM) and Bharat Ratna awardee Atal Bihari Vajpayee, who served 3 terms as the Prime Minister of India. The 25th December 2020 marks the celebration of the 7th National Good Governance Day.
- What was launched by Union Minister for Social Justice & Empowerment, Thaawarchand Gehlot for identification & Geo-tagging the data of Insanitary Latrines & Manual Scavengers across the country, on December, 2020?
1) Manual Scavenging Act, 2020
2) ODF+ App
3) Swachh City Portal
4) Swachhata Abhiyan App
5) ENVIS PortalAnswer-4) Swachhata Abhiyan App
On December 24, 2020, Union Minister for Social Justice & Empowerment, Thaawarchand Gehlot launched a Mobile Application ‘Swachhata Abhiyan’ for identifying & Geo-tagging the data of Insanitary Latrines & Manual Scavengers across the country. Using the app NGOs, Social Organisations & General public can upload details of any insanitary latrine or manual scavengers that they notice.
- Which State government recently launched its New Career portal to provide career advice to school students, in collaboration with UNICEF, on December 2020?
1) Madhya Pradesh
3) Tamil Nadu
5) OdishaAnswer-5) Odisha
The Department of School and Mass Education, Government of Odisha in collaboration with United Nations Children’s Fund(UNICEF), launched a new career portal – Odisha career portal – for secondary and higher secondary students. This portal will enable adolescent students to get expert advice on their future career. Samir Ranjan Dash, Odisha’s School and Mass Education Minister launched the Odisha career portal on 24th December 2020.
- To receive feedback from people on Schemes and programs implemented, Punjab CM Amarinder Singh launched ____ a Mobile Application & Web Portal.
4) PR Insight
5) ENVISAnswer-4) PR Insight
On December 23, 2020, Punjab Chief Minister (CM) Captain Amarinder Singh launched ‘PR Insight’ – a Mobile Application & Web Portal, the application will serve as a platform for receiving feedback from people and will enable Government of Punjab to remove deficiencies in schemes & programs implemented by it. It has been developed by the Directorate of Information & Public Relations Department, Punjab. The main objective of the application is to restructure the existing schemes & programme after analyzing the feedback received from people.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where is Rajaji Tiger Reserve located?
1) Himachal Pradesh
2) Uttar Pradesh
5) Madhya PradeshAnswer-4) Uttarakhand
A six-year-old tigress was translocated from the Bijrani range of the Jim Corbett National Park to the Rajaji Tiger Reserve to boost the tiger population. Both Jim Corbett National Park and Rajaji Tiger Reserve are located in Uttarakhand.
- Where is Point Calimere wildlife sanctuary located?
5) Tamil NaduAnswer-5) Tamil Nadu
A Himalayan griffon vulture, a migratory bird species native to Himalayas, has been spotted in Point Calimere wildlife sanctuary in Tamil Nadu after a gap of 12 years.
- Which country was Ranked 1st position in FIFA Men’s ranking on December, 2020?
5) BrazilAnswer-3) Belgium
Belgium was Ranked 1st position in FIFA Men’s ranking on December, 2020.
- Which country was the largest producer of Steel in the world as of December, 2020?
5) JapanAnswer-3) China
The biggest steel producing country is currently China, which accounted for 53.3% of world steel production. It is followed by India and Japan in the 2nd and 3rd positions.
- When was the Ramsar Convention or the Convention on Wetlands signed?
5) 1978Answer-4) 1971
Ramsar Convention or the Convention on Wetlands signed in 1971 at Ramsar, Iran.
- Ramsar Convention or the Convention on Wetlands signed in 1971 at Ramsar, Iran.
5) ChennaiAnswer-1) Bhubaneswar
Zonal headquarters of East Coast Railways is Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
- Who was holding the post of Director General of Border Security Force (BSF), as of December, 2020?
1) Rakesh Asthana
2) Ranjit Sinha
3) Ajit Doval
4) Alok Verma
5) Samant GoelAnswer- 1) Rakesh Asthana
Rakesh Asthana was presently holding the post of Director General of Border Security Force (BSF), as of December, 2020.