AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 26 & 27 September 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Name the country that signed a contract (in Sept’ 21) with the Ministry of Defence to supply 56 ‘C-295MW’ transport aircraft via technology transfer.
5) PortugalAnswer-2) Spain
Ministry of Defence signed a contract with M/s Airbus Defence and Space, Spain worth Rs.22,000 Crore for acquisition of 56 ‘C-295MW’ transport aircraft for the Indian Air Force (IAF) via technology transfer. These aircrafts will be manufactured in India by Tata Advanced Systems Limited (TASL), in partnership with Airbus.
- Which organization recently (in Sept’ 21) signed an MoU with ‘MeitY Startup Hub’ to promote startups through technological initiatives?
1) Microsoft India
2) Google Web Services
3) Digitalocean Private Limited
4) Cloudflare India
5) Amazon Internet ServicesAnswer-5) Amazon Internet Services
Amazon Internet Services Pvt Ltd signed an MoU with MeitY Startup Hub, an initiative of the Ministry of Electronics and IT (MeitY), to promote technology innovation and the sustainable growth of start-ups in India.
- Where was the 1st edition of the ‘Himalayan Film Festival’ organised (in Sept’ 21) by the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting?
1) Darjeeling, West Bengal
2) Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh
3) Badrinath, Uttarakhand
4) Leh, Ladakh
5) Srinagar, J&KAnswer-4) Leh, Ladakh
Anurag Singh Thakur, Union Minister of Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, inaugurated the first edition of the Himalayan Film Festival organised by the Union Territory of Ladakh in collaboration with the Directorate of Film Festivals, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
- Which of the following Statement(s) are correct with respect to the Government scheme named – ‘Saubhagya’?
A) Saubhagya – Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana, one of the largest rural electrification drives in the world, was launched on 25th September 2017, the birth centenary of Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya.
B) ‘Power Finance Corporation Limited’ is the Nodal Agency for implementing the scheme.
C) The scheme has a total budget outlay of Rs 16320 crore.
1) Only A & B
2) Only B & C
3) Only A & C
4) All A, B & C
5) Only AAnswer-3) Only A & C
i. Saubhagya – Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana, one of the largest rural electrification drives in the world, was launched on 25th September 2017, the birth centenary of Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya.
ii. Rural Electrification Corporation Limited (REC) is the Nodal Agency for implementing the scheme.
iii. The scheme has a total budget outlay of Rs 16320 crore.
- Which country recently (in Sept’ 21) signed a pact with India for joint development of Small Satellites?
4) Sri Lanka
5) MauritiusAnswer-1) Bhutan
Scientific Secretary of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), R Umamaheswaran & Jigme Tenzing signed an implementing arrangement with the Royal Government of Bhutan to cooperate in the development of a joint small satellite.
- Which Bank recently (in Aug’ 21) collaborated with ‘Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited’ (HPCL) for the payments for fuel through FASTags?
1) Canara Bank
2) State Bank of India
3) ICICI Bank
4) HDFC Bank
5) IDBI BankAnswer-3) ICICI Bank
Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) in collaboration with ICICI Bank, will provide the facility to bank customers to use their ICICI Bank FastTag to pay for fuel and lubricants at HPCL retail outlets.
i. HPCL launched its first-ever EV charger named “ChargeGrid Flare’’ in collaboration with Magenta EV Systems for setting up 5,000 electric vehicles charging stations.
- Who was recently (in Sept’ 21) appointed as the external auditor of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)?
1) G. C. Murmu
2) Rajiv Mehrishi
3) Shashi Kant Sharma
4) Ajay Mathur
5) Vinod RaiAnswer-1) G. C. Murmu
India’s Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) G. C. Murmu was elected as the external auditor of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) at the General Conference of the IAEA in Vienna, Austria. His tenure will be for six years, from 2022 to 2027.
- When was the 2021’s ‘World Pharmacists Day’ observed across the globe under the theme “Pharmacy: Always Trusted for Your Health”.
1) 21th September
2) 22nd September
3) 23rd September
4) 24th September
5) 25th SeptemberAnswer-5) 25th September
World Pharmacists Day is annually observed across the globe on September 25th to recognise the role of pharmacists towards improving health across the globe.
i. The theme of World Pharmacists Day 2021, developed by the International Pharmaceutical Federation (FIP), is “Pharmacy: Always Trusted for Your Health”.
- Where is the International Pharmaceutical Federation (FIP)’s headquarters located?
1) Geneva, Switzerland
2) Paris, France
3) The Hague, Netherlands
4) Vienna, Austria
5) London, UKAnswer-3) The Hague, Netherlands
About International Pharmaceutical Federation (FIP):
President– Dominique Jordan (Switzerland)
CEO– Dr Catherine Duggan (UK)
Headquarters– The Hague, Netherlands
- What is the maximum time allocated for a Right to Information (RTI) response?
1) 10 Days
2) 15 Days
3) 30 Days
4) 60 Days
5) 90 daysAnswer-3) 30 Days
Under the provisions of RTI Act 2005, Indian citizens may request information from a “public authority” (a body of Government or “instrumentality of State”) which is required to reply expeditiously or within 30 days.