AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 26 & 27 January 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Recently (in Jan 2021), Home Minister Amit Shah launched ______________ scheme, providing full benefits of the AB PM-JAY to the personnel & dependents of the armed wing.
1) Ayushman CAPF
2) Ayushman NSG
3) Jan Arogya BSF
4) Jan Arogya ITBP
5) Ayushman RPFAnswer-1) Ayushman CAPF
On January 23, 2021, Union Minister Amit Shah, Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) attended a function in Guwahati, Assam where he launched the ‘Ayushman CAPF’ scheme for personnel and dependents of the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF), which will be fully implemented by May 1, 2021.It will cover around 28 lakh personnel of CAPF, Assam Rifles and National Security Guard (NSG) and their families under ‘Ayushman Bharat: Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana’ (AB PM-JAY).
- Where was the 51st International Film Festival of India (IFFI) held?
1) Mumbai, Maharashtra
2) Jaipur, Rajasthan
3) Panaji, Goa
4) Kochi, Kerala
5) Udaipur, RajasthanAnswer-3) Panaji, Goa
The 51st International Film Festival of India (IFFI) was held from 16 to 24 January 2021 at Dr. Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Indoor Stadium in Panaji, Goa. Due to COVID-19, it was conducted in hybrid mode i.e. 50 films out of 224 films across various categories are scheduled to be screened online. This hybrid mode format of IFFI was first in India and in Asia too.
- What is the objective of ‘MASCRADE 2021’ – Movement that was organised by FICCI Cascade?
1) Fight against Non Communicable diseases
2) Eliminate smuggling of spurious products
3) Eliminate Child Trafficking
4) Fight towards Labour Welfare
5) Eliminate Child LabourAnswer-2) Eliminate smuggling of spurious products
Dr Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister for Health & Family Welfare inaugurated the 7th Edition of ‘MASCRADE 2021’ – Movement against Smuggled & Counterfeit Trade organized by FICCI Cascade (Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry – Committee Against Smuggling and Counterfeiting Activities Destroying the Economy) which took place from January 21-22, 2021. Objective of MASCRADE is to serve as a platform for discussion on ways to reduce counterfeiting, smuggling & spurious products during the post COVID period.
- What was India’s vaccination drive that delivers India’s Covishield vaccines to foreign countries as a gift?
1) Vande Bharat
2) Covid Suraksha
3) Vaccine Maitri
4) Mission Sagar
5) Vaccine SurakshaAnswer-3) Vaccine Maitri
Taking forward India’s ‘Vaccine Maitri’ (vaccine diplomacy) drive, India has sent shipments of Covishield vaccines to Bhutan, Maldives, Bangladesh and Nepal as Gifts, while some others such as Sri Lanka and Afghanistan are waiting for their turn.
- Which state govt. launched ‘PANKH Abhiyan’ under Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao scheme during the 13th National Girl Child Day, that was observed on January 24, 2021?
2) Madhya Pradesh
3) Uttar Pradesh
5) KarnatakaAnswer-2) Madhya Pradesh
National Girl Child Day is observed annually on January 24 to raise awareness about the rights of the girl child and importance of their education, health and nutrition. The year 2021 marks 13th National Girl Child Day. On this occasion, the Govt of India organises awareness campaigns under Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao-BBBP (Save the girl child, Educate the girl child) scheme.
i. Madhya Pradesh govt. launched a scheme, ‘PANKH (Protection Awareness Nutrition Knowledge Health) Abhiyan’ under the BBBP scheme.
ii. Rajasthan Govt has initiated a new scheme called Ek Paudha Suposhit Beti Ke Naam or A plant on the name of well-nourished daughter’ under BBBP scheme.
- Recently (in Jan 2021), Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa has been re-elected as the President of _________ for the 2nd consecutive term.
5) PortugalAnswer-5) Portugal
Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa (72 years old) has been re-elected as the president of Portugal for the 2nd term after securing over 60% of the votes in the election held on January 24, 2021. He belongs to Social Democratic Party (Partido Social Democrata-PSD). He was elected as the president for 1st term in 2016.
- Who was the chairman of the IFFI 51 International Jury panel?
1) Pablo Cesar
2) Abu Bakr Shawky
4) Rubaiyat Hossain
5) Prasanna VithanageAnswer-1) Pablo Cesar
The Awards have been decided by the IFFI 51 International Jury comprising eminent filmmakers from across the world, with Pablo Cesar (Argentina) as its Chairman. The members are: Prasanna Vithanage (Sri Lanka), filmmaker Abu Bakr Shawky (Austria), writer and director Priyadarshan (India), director, screenwriter and producer Rubaiyat Hossain (Bangladesh), director, writer and producer.
- Which institution received the Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar 2021 award for their contribution in disaster management?
1) People in Need
2) Human Empowerment Organisation
3) UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA)
4) Sustainable Environment and Ecological Development Society (SEEDS)
5) Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS)Answer-4) Sustainable Environment and Ecological Development Society (SEEDS)
On January 23, 2021 the Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar 2021 was awarded to Dr. Rajendra Kumar Bhandari under Individual category, while Sustainable Environment and Ecological Development Society (SEEDS) received the award under Institutional category for their contribution in disaster management. The award was given by Government of India and it is administered by National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) to recognise and honour their contribution and selfless services in the field of disaster management.
- Which country participated with Indian Air Force (IAF) in the 1st Bilateral Air Exercise, ‘Exercise Desert Knight-21 (Ex DK-21)’ held at Jodhpur?
5) USAAnswer-3) France
Indian Air Force (IAF) and French Air and Space Force (FASF) participated in the 1st Edition of Bilateral Air Exercise ‘Exercise Desert Knight-21 (Ex DK-21)’ held at Air Force Station, Jodhpur for 5 days from January 20-24, 2021. The Bilateral 1st of its kind exercise involved the participation of Rafale fighter jets from both sides. India & France are also jointly set to conduct wargames codenamed Exercise SKYROS in January at Jodhpur. Other regular Defence Exercises between India & France are
Varuna – Naval Exercise
Garuda – Air Exercise
Shakti – Army Exercise
- What was the theme of 2021’s National Voters Day that was annually observed on January 25th?
1) Empowering Young and Future Voters
2) Making Our Voters Empowered, Vigilant, Safe and Informed
3) Accessible Elections
4) No Voter to be left behind
5) Electoral Literacy for Stronger DemocracyAnswer-2) Making Our Voters Empowered, Vigilant, Safe and Informed
The National Voters Day is annually celebrated across India on 25th January to spread awareness among the voters and to promote informed participation in the electoral process by Election Commission of India (ECI). The theme of the National Voters Day 2021 is “Making Our Voters Empowered, Vigilant, Safe and Informed”. President Ram Nath Kovind launched “Hello Voters”, the web radio of ECI which can be accessed through the ECI’s website. He also launched the e-EPIC (Elector Photo Identity Card) programme and distributed e-EPCI.