AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 25 September 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Which organization recently (in Sept’ 21) signed an MoU with Telangana’s ‘International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics’ (ICRISAT) to improve food security in India?
1) World Health Organization (WHO)
2) Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
3) World Trade Organization (WTO)
4) World Food Programme (WFP)
5) World Meteorological Organization (WMO)
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) World Food Programme (WFP)
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) signed an MoU with Telangana’s ‘International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics’ (ICRISAT) to improve food, nutrition security and livelihoods in India against the impacts of climate change.
- Identify the Country that recently (in Sep’21) finalized an agreement with EXIM bank to receive ∼$228 million credit for construction of 4000 Social Housing Units
2) Sri Lanka
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Maldives
EXIM (Export Import) Bank of India completed its agreement with Fahi Dhiriulhun Corporation Limited (FDC) of Maldives to provide a Buyers Credit of ∼$228 million for the construction of 4000 Social Housing Units in Hulhumale’ Phase II.
i. India had also extended over $2 billion in concessional loans to undertake infrastructure development projects in Maldives.
- In September 2021, India launched negotiations on ‘Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement’ (CEPA) with ________ which is currently India’s _________ largest export destination.
1) UAE; 3rd
2) UAE; 2nd
3) Canada; 3rd
4) Saudi Arabia; 2nd
5) Saudi Arabia; 3rd
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) UAE; 2nd
India and UAE have formally launched negotiations on the India-United Arab Emirates Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (CEPA) & aims to sign a formal agreement in March 2022.
i. The UAE is currently India’s 3rd largest trading partner in 2019-20 & 2nd largest export destination after the US, with exports valued at $29 billion.
- Which organization recently (in Sept’ 21) released a report titled “Fed to Fail? The crisis of children’s diets in early life” revealing 2 in every 3 children between 6–23 months didn’t get the nutritious diet needed for healthy growth.
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) UNICEF
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) released a report titled ‘Fed to Fail? The crisis of children’s diets in early life’ reveals 2 in every 3 children between 6–23 months didn’t get the nutritious diet needed for healthy growth.
- India was ranked at ________ position in ‘Global Innovation Index’ (GII) 2021 by the ‘World Intellectual Property Organisation’ (WIPO) while __________ topped the index.
1) 48th; Switzerland
2) 46th; Sweden
3) 46th; Switzerland
4) 48th; Sweden
5) 44th; Switzerland
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) 46th; Switzerland
India was ranked at 46th position in ‘Global Innovation Index’ (GII) 2021 by the ‘World Intellectual Property Organisation’ (WIPO) while Switzerland topped the index.
- _________ was named as the ‘UNESCO World Book Capital for 2023’; making it the _________ city to the list.
1) Accra; 21st
2) Accra; 23rd
3) Madrid; 21st
4) Guadalajara; 21st
5) Guadalajara; 23rd
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Accra; 23rd
The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization(UNESCO) named Accra, Capital of Ghana as the UNESCO World Book Capital for 2023. Accra is the 23rd city to be named the World Book Capital since 2001.
- Which Online platform recently (in Sept’ 21) won ‘CIPS Excellence in Procurement Awards 2021’ in the “Best Use of Digital Technology” category.
3) Government e-Marketplace
4) e-PG Pathshala
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Government e-Marketplace
Government e Marketplace (GeM) won CIPS Excellence in Procurement Awards 2021 (CIPS Awards) in the “Best Use of Digital Technology” category. The award was given by The Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS), London.
- Name the Power station of NHPC Limited that recently won the 2021’s ‘IHA Blue Planet Prize’ for excellence in sustainable hydropower development.
1) Teesta-V Power Station, Sikkim
2) Chamera-I Power Station, Himachal Pradesh
3) Dulhasti Power Station, Jammu & Kashmir
4) Rangit Power Station, Sikkim
5) Kishanganga Power Station, Jammu & Kashmir
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Teesta-V Power Station, Sikkim
The 2021’s IHA Blue Planet Prize for excellence in sustainable hydropower development was awarded to 510 MW Teesta-V Power Station, Sikkim, owned and being operated by NHPC Limited. It is located on the Teesta River, Sikkim.
About NHPC Limited:
CMD– Abhay Kumar Singh
Headquarters– Faridabad, Haryana
- Which Indian Hockey Stadium is set to host the 12th edition of ‘U-21 FIH Men’s Hockey Junior World Cup 2021’, organized by the International Hockey Federation?
1) Major Dhyanchand Hockey Stadium, UP
2) Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Hockey Stadium, Chhattisgarh
3) Birsa Munda Hockey Stadium, Jharkhand
4) Kalinga Stadium, Odisha
5) Gachibowli Hockey Stadium, Telangana
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Kalinga Stadium, Odisha
Odisha will host the 12th edition of the U-21 FIH Men’s Hockey Junior World Cup 2021, the men’s under-21(U-21) field hockey world championship, organized by the International Hockey Federation(FIH- Fédération Internationale de Hockey).
i. It will be held in the Kalinga Stadium, Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
- Name the Chess Grandmaster who recently (in Sept’ 21) won the ‘Norway Open 2021 Masters’.
1) Iniyan P
2) Gukesh D
3) Dmitrij Kollars
4) Valentin Dragnev
5) Raja Rithvik
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Gukesh D
Indian Grandmaster Gukesh D won the Norway Chess open 2021 under the masters’ section. Gukesh’s ranks 18th in FIDE’s Juniors September ranking.