AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 25 September 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Department of Biotechnology has partnered with which ministry to initiate the 1st phase of the “Training program to strengthen clinical trial research capacity for neighbouring countries”?
1) Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
2) Ministry of Tribal Affairs
3) Ministry of Social Empowerment and Social Justice
4) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
5) Ministry of External AffairsAnswer-5) Ministry of External Affairs
Department of Biotechnology (DBT), under the Ministry of Science & Technology, initiated the first phase of the “Training program to strengthen clinical trial research capacity for neighbouring countries” in partnership with Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) to support researchers and investigator teams for enhancing and strengthening their clinical trial capabilities in compliance with ICH-GCP (International Conference on Harmonisation – Good clinical practice).
- The central government has raised the limit for use of State Disaster Response Fund from 35% to _______ (to combat COVID-19).
5) 80%Answer-3) 50%
State Disaster Response Fund (SDRF) for COVID specific infrastructure was increased from 35% to 50% to help States with more finances at their disposal to fight the coronavirus. This was announced during the virtual meeting of Prime Minister Narendra Modi with Chief Ministers of six states and one Union Territory with high Covid-19 caseload viz. Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Punjab, Tamil Nadu, Uttar Pradesh and Delhi.
- India along with which country has conducted the Water Partnership Forum on water conservation?
2) United States
5) United KingdomAnswer-5) United Kingdom
India-United Kingdom Water Partnership Forum was held virtually to discuss ways to collaborate on the issues pertaining to infrastructure development and water conservation. The event was inaugurated by Indian High Commissioner to United Kingdom (UK), Gaitri Issar Kumar along with Ministry of Jal Shakti Secretary Upendra Prasad Singh while it was concluded by a special address from Rajiv Ranjan Mishra, Director General, National Mission for Clean Ganga (Namami Gange programme). During the meeting, delegations from India and the UK signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between Ganga and the British water.
- Raigir railway station which was renamed as Yadadri Railway Station is located in which state?
3) Andhra Pradesh
5) TripuraAnswer-1) Telangana
The Indian Railways has announced that the name of Raigir railway station in Telangana has been changed to Yadadri railway station. The South Central Railway (SCR) said that the competent authority has approved the change in the name.
- India’s first Coast Guard academy will be established at which city?
3) New Delhi
5) AmbalaAnswer-4) Mangaluru
India’s first Coast Guard academy will be established at Mangaluru as per the statement of Defence Spokesperson (PRO) Bengaluru. Around 158 acres Karnataka Industrial Area Development Board (KIADB) land has been taken over for setting up ICG Academy.
- The Airport Authority of India has commenced work on airport expansion in which country?
5) Sri LankaAnswer-1) Maldives
On the request of the Government of Maldives, the Government of India has decided to support the Hanimaadhoo International Airport expansion project under the USD 800 million Line of Credit from EXIM (Export-Import) Bank of India. In this regard, high-level delegation from the Airports Authority of India (AAI) visited the Maldives where they met with Minister of Economic Development Fayyaz Ismail and senior officials from Ministry of Economic Development (MoED) and the Ministry of Transport and Civil Aviation (MoTCA), and also visited Hanimaadhoo for initial surveys and assessments. Following this, on September 23, 2020, AAI commenced work on the Detailed Project Report (DPR) for this project, which will be prepared in 2 months. It is one of the largest infrastructure and connectivity projects in northern Maldives. It should be noted that recently India and Maldives announced a ferry service from Tuticorin and Cochin (Tamil Nadu) to Kulhudhuffushi and Male.
- Which state government has launched “Mukhyamantri Grammya Paribahan Achoni” recently?
5) JharkhandAnswer-2) Assam
Sarbanda Sonowal, Chief Minister (CM) of Assam launched the “Mukhyamantri Grammya Paribahan Achoni” – Chief Minister’s Rural Transport Scheme and distributed light motor vehicles to the beneficiaries under this scheme. Sonowal announced this scheme during his 2019 Independence Day speech and following the announcement the Transport department of Assam launched the scheme.
- Find the state government which has inaugurated 2 major green projects worth around Rs 1226 crore to be set up in collaboration with European Union countries?
4) West Bengal
5) MaharashtraAnswer-4) West Bengal
Mamata Banerjee, Chief Minister (CM) of West Bengal virtually inaugurated 2 major green projects worth around Rs 1226 crore to be set up in collaboration with European Union countries.
- Madhya Pradesh targets household tap connections in all rural areas under Jal Jeevan Mission by which year?
5) 2025Answer-1) 2023
Rural families of Madhya Pradesh will be provided with clean drinking water through tap connection. Approximately Rs. 197 crores have been approved in State government’s rural tap water scheme. Public Health Engineering Department is constructing water infrastructure so that rural families of Madhya Pradesh can be provided with clean drinking water through tap connection. A target has been set to complete the scheme in the rural areas of the entire state by year 2023 under the Jal Jeevan Mission.
- Which bank has launched the 1st of its kind digital facility named “SafePay” for contactless debit card based payment?
1) Nainital Bank
2) ICICI Bank
3) IDFC First Bank
4) Kotak Mahindra Bank
5) IDBI BankAnswer-3) IDFC First Bank
IDFC First Bank announced that it will launch SafePay, a digital facility. It enables contactless debit card payments by waving a smartphone against a Near Field Communication (NFC)-enabled Point of Sale(POS) terminal. It is the 1st such facility which is made available in an integrated mobile banking app. The SafePay feature has been successfully tested and certified by Visa. It allows contactless payments of up to Rs 2,000 per transaction and maximum limit of Rs 20,000 per day.
- Name the person who has been appointed as the brand ambassador of Acer India recently.
1) Amitabh Bachchan
2) Sonu Sood
3) Salman Khan
4) Ranveer Singh
5) Amir KhanAnswer-2) Sonu Sood
Acer India, leading Personal Computer (PC) brand appointed actor Sonu Sood as its brand ambassador. As the brand ambassador of Acer India, Sonu Sood will support the range of innovative products of Acer over the social media and campaign on the commitment of Acers in improving the lives of the people through technology.
- Find the person who got 1-year extension as the non-executive chairman of Infrastructure Leasing and Financial Services (IL&FS).
1) Ashok Kumar Mathur
2) Uday Kotak
3) Ajay Tyagi
4) Subhash Chandra Khuntia
5) Muhammad MustafaAnswer-2) Uday Kotak
The Government of India has extended the term of Uday Kotak, the Managing Director and CEO of Kotak Mahindra Bank as the Chairman of Infrastructure Leasing and Financial Services (IL&FS) to one more year till October 2021 as the Non-Executive Chairman of IL&FS. This is the 2nd extension given to Uday Kotak since his appointment in 2018 as the chairman of IL&FS to complete the resolution of the company and its group companies (around 300 companies) which had a debt of more than Rs.90000 crores.
- Which PSU has appointed Rajat Sud as new Managing Director (September 2020)?
1) North Eastern Electric Power Corporation (NEEPCO)
2) Rural Electrification Corporation (REC)
3) National Hydroelectric Power Corporation (NHPC)
4) Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL)
5) Power Grid Corporation of India (POWER GRID)Answer-4) Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL)
Energy Efficiency Services Ltd (EESL), a Joint Venture(JV) of Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) under the Ministry of Power, Government of India, appointed Rajat Sud as its new Managing Director(MD) from immediate effect. He takes charge from S Gopal, director (commercial), who was given the additional charge as interim MD.
- Mohamed Hussein Roble has been appointed as the new prime minister of which country?
5) KenyaAnswer-4) Somalia
Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed, President of Somalia appointed Mohamed Hussein Roble, swedish trained civil engineer and political neophyte as the new Prime Minister(PM) of Somalia following the removal of the former PM Hassan Ali Khaire in July 2020. All the 215 MP’s who attended the session chaired by President Farmaajo voted in support of the appointment of Hussein Roble as PM.
- The Krushi Bhavan located in which state has won the 10th annual AZ Awards 2020 as People’s Choice Winner under the category social good?
5) Uttar PradeshAnswer-1) Odisha
Krushi Bhavan, a facility developed for the State’s Department of Agriculture & Farmers’ Empowerment located in Bhubaneswar, Odisha won 10th annual AZ Awards 2020 as People’s Choice Winner under the category social good. The awards were revealed at its first-ever virtual AZ Awards Gala. The 12,077-square-metre Krushi Bhavan is one among 20 winners and the only winner from India. Naveen Patnaik, Chief Minister of Odisha dedicated this award to farmers and artisans of the state.
- Who among the following is the part of Time Magazine’s 100 Most Influential People of 2020?
1) YS Jagan Mohan Reddy
2) Mahua Moitra
3) MS Dhoni
4) Narendra Modi
5) Sonia GandhiAnswer-4) Narendra Modi
The Time magazine released the annual list of 100 Most Influential People of 2020 of pioneers, leaders, titans, artists, and icons who have made an impact on the contemporary world. The Indians have made into the list, namely, Narendra Modi, Prime Minister of India; Ayushmann Khurrana, Bollywood actor; Bilkis, ‘dadi’ of Shaheen Bagh protest, Professor Ravindra Gupta (HIV/AIDS treatment) and Sundar Pichai, CEO of Alphabet and Google.
- Who has become the 1st Indian women observer to operate from warships?
1) Kumudini Tyagi
2) Riti Singh
3) Parul Bharadwaj
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) All the 1), 2) and 3)Answer-4) Both 1) and 2)
On 21st September 2020, Sub Lieutenant Kumudini Tyagi and Sub Lieutenant Riti Singh became the first women to be posted in frontline warships as the Observers “Airborne Tacticians” of Helicopter Stream to operate from warships of the Indian Navy. They were a part of a group of 17 officers of the Navy, who were awarded ‘Wings’ on graduating as ‘Observers’ at a ceremony held at (Indian Navy Ship) INS Garuda, Kochi, Kerala.
- Which edition of World Economic Forum’s Sustainable Development Impact Summit 2020 was held under the banner “Realizing a Great Reset for Sustainable Development” recently.
5) 10thAnswer-2) 4th
From September 21—24, 2020, the World Economic Forum’s fourth and first fully virtual Sustainable Development Impact Summit 2020 was held under the banner “Realizing a Great Reset for Sustainable Development” to convene 2100 leaders from government, business, international organizations and civil society along with experts and innovators to initiate, accelerate and scale-up entrepreneurial solutions to tackle climate change and advance sustainable development. The summit was based on the five themes of Shared Prosperity, Catalysing cooperation, Better business, Harnessing technology, and Liveable planet. During the summit, WEF’s ‘EarthTime Visualisation’ report was released which stated that Delhi may have eight months a year with temperature averaging 32°C by 2100, up from six at present. The WEF used data from the Climate Impact Lab, Climate Central, the Washington Post, and NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) satellites to create a visualisation of this worst-case scenario.
- Which indigenously developed missile was successfully night test fired from Chandipur, Odisha (September 2020)?
5) Prithvi-IIAnswer-5) Prithvi-II
As a part of routine trail India successfully conducted the night testfire of its indigenously developed nuclear capable surface-to-surface Prithvi-II missile which was carried out from a mobile launcher from launch complex-3 of the Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Chandipur, Odisha. The entire launch activity was carried out by Strategic Force Command (SFC) of the Army and monitored by scientists of Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO). The missile was randomly chosen from the production stock. The last night time testfire of Prithvi-II was conducted successfully from the ITR on November 20, 2019.
- Name the company which enters into partnership with Momentus for its second satellite launch.
3) Bellatrix Aerospace
4) Vesta Space
5) AgnikulAnswer-1) Pixxel
Momentus Inc. (Momentus), which provides in-space satellite transportation and infrastructure services and Pixxel, an Indian space-tech startup has signed a service agreement to launch the 2nd satellite of Pixxel to SSO orbit (Sun-synchronous orbit or heliosynchronous orbit) in December 2021 on top of a SpaceX Falcon-9 and also with option to fly again in 2022. The earth imaging satellite, which is the 1st satellite of Pixxel is scheduled to be launched on a Russian Soyuz rocket in November, 2020.
- Name the earth sized planed (referred as ‘Pi’ planet) which was discovered by researchers at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
5) K2-311bAnswer-2) K2-315b
In a delightful alignment of astronomy and mathematics, scientists at MIT and elsewhere have discovered a “pi Earth” — an Earth-sized planet that zips around its star every 3.14 days, in an orbit reminiscent of the universal mathematics constant. The researchers discovered signals of the planet in data taken in 2017 by the NASA Kepler Space Telescope’s K2 mission. By zeroing in on the system earlier this year with SPECULOOS, a network of ground-based telescopes, the team confirmed that the signals were of a planet orbiting its star. And indeed, the planet appears to still be circling its star today, with a pi-like period, every 3.14 days. The new planet is labeled K2-315b; it’s the 315th planetary system discovered within K2 data — just one system shy of an even more serendipitous place on the list.
- Which among the following tennis Grand slam tournament was cancelled due to COVID-19 pandemic in 2020?
1) Australian Open
3) US Open
4) French Open
5) None of the AboveAnswer-2) Wimbledon
The Grand Slam tournaments, also called majors, are the four most important annual tennis events. Of the 4 tournaments, Wimbledon was cancelled for the year 2020 due to COVID-19 pandemic.
- Suresh Angadi who passed away recently was the minister of state of which portfolio?
1) Tribal Affairs
5) Youth AffairsAnswer-3) Railways
Suresh Channabasappa Angadi, Union Minister of State for Railways and Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)’s Member of Parliament(MP) from Belagavi constituency of Karnataka passed away at the age of 65 after testing positive for COVID-19 at the COVID Facility, New Delhi. He is the first Central Minister to die of Coronavirus. He was born on 1st June 1955 at Belagavi, Karnataka.
- The World Maritime Day 2020 was observed on September 24. What is the theme of World Maritime Day 2020?
1) “Connecting Ships, Ports and People”
2) “IMO 70: Our Heritage – Better Shipping for a Better Future”
3) “Empowering Women in the Maritime Community”
4) “Sustainable Shipping for a Sustainable Planet”
5) “Shipping: indispensable to the world”Answer-4) “Sustainable Shipping for a Sustainable Planet”
United Nations (UN) World Maritime Day is annually observed by the International Maritime Organization (IMO) and its member states on the last Thursday of September to recognise the contribution of the international maritime industries toward the economy of the world. The World Maritime Day 2020 falls on 24th September 2020. The theme of World Maritime Day 2020 is “Sustainable Shipping for a Sustainable Planet” with a focus to raise the awareness of the UNs Sustainable Development Goals(SDGs) and to showcase the efforts of IMO to achieve the targets.
- ‘e- peek pahani’ is the mobile app related to which state government?
5) Uttar PradeshAnswer-4) Maharashtra
Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray has said that e- Peek Pahani mobile application of the State Government will reduce hardships of farmers and help them get the right price and good market for their produce. E Peek Pahani is pilot project currently running in 6 tehsils viz. Achalpur, Kamathi, Dindori, Wada, Phulambri and Baramati. This app helps farmer for self-crop reporting of crop data and crop stages.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- The Shinkun La tunnel is proposed to be built on the border between Ladakh and which state?
3) Arunachal Pradesh
4) Himachal Pradesh
5) SikkimAnswer-4) Himachal Pradesh
To augment border infrastructure, the National Highways & Infrastructure Development Corporation Ltd (NHIDCL), under Ministry of Road, Transport & Highways (MoRTH), has expedited making detailed project report for the world’s longest high-altitude Shinkun La Tunnel. The tunnel (13.5 Km long) is proposed to be built on the border between Ladakh and Himachal Pradesh. Once it is complete, the Manali-Kargil highway will remain open throughout the year. The tunnel will provide all-weather road connectivity between Himachal Pradesh and Jammu and Kashmir in Zanskar valley. With the construction of the tunnel, inhabitants of around 15-odd villages of Zanskar Valley in Jammu and Kashmir will be relieved since the valley remains cut off due to heavy snowfall during the winter.
- What is the capital and currency of Somalia?
1) Tripoli & Dinar
2) Buenos Aires & Peso
3) Zagreb & Kuna
4) Mogadishu & Shilling
5) None of the AboveAnswer-4) Mogadishu & Shilling
The capital and currency of Somalia are Mogadishu & Somali Shilling respectively.
- Where is the headquarters of IDFC First Bank located?
5) PatnaAnswer-2) Mumbai
IDFC First Bank (formerly IDFC Bank) is an Indian banking company with headquarters in Mumbai that forms part of IDFC, an integrated infrastructure finance company.
- Who is the Secretary General of International Maritime Organisation (IMO)?
1) Gianni Infantino
2) Guy Ryder
3) Kitack Lim
4) Thomas Bach
5) Abdulqawi YusufAnswer-3) Kitack Lim
Kitack Lim is the present Secretary General of International Maritime Organisation (IMO). The headquarters of IMO is located at London, United Kingdom.
- Koyna dam is located in which state?
5) OdishaAnswer-4) Maharashtra
The Koyna Dam is one of the largest dams in Maharashtra, India. It is a rubble-concrete dam constructed on Koyna River which rises in Mahabaleshwar, a hillstation in Sahyadri ranges. Koyna dam has been filled to 100% capacity while discharge of 9,274 cusecs has already been started as per the statement of Sangli district administration.