AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 25 August 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- In August 2021, Indian Navy’s INS Ranvijay & INS Kora participated in a Joint ‘Maritime Partnership Exercise’ with the Philippines in which location?
1) American Mediterranean Sea
2) South China Sea
3) Gulf of Guinea
4) Argentine Sea
5) Gulf of ThailandAnswer-2) South China Sea
The Indian Navy’s INS Ranvijay & INS Kora participated in a Joint ‘Maritime Partnership Exercise’ with the Philippines Navy’s BRP Antonio Luna, Frigate FF151 in the South China Sea.
About Indian Navy
Chief of Naval Staff – Admiral Karambir Singh
Integrated Headquarters of Ministry of Defence (Navy) – New Delhi
- In August 2021, __________received USD 328 Million worth contract to provide comprehensive support for the Indian Air Force fleet of 12C-130J-30 Super Hercules Aircraft.
1) General Dynamics
2) BAE Systems
3) Lockheed Martin
5) BoeingAnswer-3) Lockheed Martin
Lockheed Martin, US received USD 328 Million worth Contract from the Indian Government to provide comprehensive support for the Indian Air Force fleet of 12C-130J-30 Super Hercules Aircraft.
About Indian Air force:
Chief of the Air Staff – Marshal R K S Bhadauria
Headquarters – New Delhi
- Name the operation that was launched by the Government of India (in Aug’ 21) to evacuate stranded Indians from the Taliban-Captured Afghanistan.
1) Operation Devi Shakti
2) Operation Sahyog
3) Operation Samudra Setu
4) Operation Vanilla
5) Operation RakshakAnswer-1) Operation Devi Shakti
The Government of India had launched a rescue mission named ‘Operation Devi Shakti’ to evacuate stranded Indians from the Taliban-Captured Afghanistan.
i. Amrullah Saleh declared himself as the caretaker president of Afghanistan, after former President Ashraf Ghani fled the country.
- Who Flagged-Off ‘Operation Blue Freedom’ to create a world record for the largest team of people with disabilities to reach the world’s highest battlefield, Siachen Glacier (in Aug’ 21)?
1) Raj Nath Singh
2) Amit Shah
3) Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
4) Virendra Kumar
5) Anurag Singh ThakurAnswer-4) Virendra Kumar
Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment, Virendar Kumar to Flagged-Off ‘Operation Blue Freedom’ to create a new World Record for the largest team of people with disabilities to reach the world’s highest battlefield, Siachen Glacier.
i. The team of people with disabilities trained by ‘Team CLAW’, a team of Armed Forces veterans.
- Identify the organization(s) that was/were notified (in Aug’ 21) as Central Drugs Laboratory for testing and batch release of COVID-19 vaccines.
1) National Institute of Biomedical Genomics, Kalyani
2) National Institute of Animal Biotechnology, Hyderabad
3) National Centre for Cell Science, Pune
4) Both 1 & 2
5) Both 2 & 3Answer-5) Both 2 & 3
National Institute of Animal Biotechnology (NIAB), Hyderabad in Telangana and National Centre for Cell Science (NCCS), Pune in Maharashtra were notified as Central Drugs Laboratory (CDLs) for testing and batch release of COVID-19 vaccines.
i. The funding support for the same was provided under the PM-CARES funds.
- As per the Cushman & Wakefield’s 2021 ‘Global Manufacturing Risk Index’, Globally India was ranked as the _________ most desirable Manufacturing destination, while the ranking was topped by _________.
1) 3rd; USA
2) 3rd; China
3) 4th; USA
4) 2nd; USA
5) 2nd; ChinaAnswer-5) 2nd; China
As per the Cushman & Wakefield’s 2021 ‘Global Manufacturing Risk Index-Assessing Costs, Risks and Conditions Impacting Manufacturing’, India was ranked at 2nd most desirable manufacturing destination, while the ranking was topped by China.
- Which company got in-principle approval from SEBI (in Aug’ 21) to launch a Mutual Fund business?
1) Aditya Birla Capital Ltd
2) JM Financial Ltd
3) Bajaj Finserv Ltd
4) Equitas Holdings Ltd
5) JSW Holdings LimitedAnswer-3) Bajaj Finserv Ltd
In August 2021, The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) provided the in-principle approval to Bajaj Finserv Ltd for launching the mutual fund (MF) business.
- Identify the ministry that launched a new geo-spatial planning portal ‘’Yuktdhara’’ towards Gram Panchayat level planning of MGNREGA activities.
1) Ministry of Labour and Employment
2) Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
3) Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
4) Ministry of Science and Technology
5) Ministry of Rural Development and Panchayati RajAnswer-5) Ministry of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj
Giriraj Singh, Minister of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj, launched a new geo-spatial planning portal ‘’Yuktdhara’’ under Bhuvan to enable MGNREGA assets planning by using remote sensing and Geographic Information System data.
i. It is an initiative of Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) along with the Ministry of Rural Development.
- Name the Organization that announced (in Aug’ 21) its Merger plan with Chess Players Association of India (CPAI) to administer the chess games in the country.
1) All India Chess Federation
2) International Chess Federation
3) Chess Association of India
4) Maharashtra Chess Association
5) Tamil Nadu State Chess AssociationAnswer-1) All India Chess Federation
All India Chess Federation (AICF), India’s Chess Administrative body and the Chess Players Association of India (CPAI) had announced their Merger plan to administer the chess games in the country.
- In August 2021, the Finance Ministry summoned Infosys’ CEO over persistent glitches in the Income-Tax e-filing portal that was developed by Infosys. Who is the current MD & CEO of Infosys?
1) Puneet Dalmia
2) Rajesh Gopinathan
3) Salil Parekh
4) Gurdeep Singh
5) C VijayakumarAnswer-3) Salil Parekh
In August 2021, the Finance Ministry summoned Infosys’ MD & CEO Salil Parekh over persistent glitches in the Income-Tax e-filing portal that was developed by Infosys. There were many glitches even after 2.5 months after its launch.