AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 24 November 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
- In November 2021, Name the Exercise that was launched by Southern Command of the Indian Army in Rajasthan & Gujarat.
1) Dakshin Shakti
2) Lal Qila
3) Konkan Shakti
5) GarudaAnswer-1) Dakshin Shakti
The Southern Command of the Army launched a military exercise named ‘Dakshin Shakti‘ in the training area of Rajasthan & Gujarat to validate the battle readiness & operational effectiveness of troops of the Southern Army, which covers about 41 percent of the country’s landmass.
Exercise ‘Sagar Shakti’:
i. A four-day multi-agency exercise named ‘Sagar Shakti’ was organised between November 19 and 22, 2021, as part of the ‘Dakshin Shakti’.
ii. The Indian Army, Indian Navy, Indian Air Force, Indian Coast Guard, Border Security Force and Gujarat security apparatus took part in the Sagar Shakti exercise that was held in the creek sector of Kutch peninsula in Gujarat.
- In November 2021, The ______ Edition of the Trilateral Exercise ‘Dosti’ was conducted by Coast Guards of Maldives, India, and __________ in Maldives, to Safeguard the Indian Ocean Region.
1) 10th; South Africa
2) 25th; Indonesia
3) 15th; Sri Lanka
4) 10th; Indonesia
5) 30th; Sri LankaAnswer-3) 15th; Sri Lanka
The 15th edition of the Trilateral Exercise ‘Dosti’ was conducted by Maldives, India, and Sri Lanka Coast Guards in Maldives from 20-24 November 2021 to safeguard the Indian Ocean Region & for security formation.
• The Exercise is conducted biennially among the Coast Guards of the 3 countries.
About Exercise Dosti: The exercise was initiated in 1991, between the Indian & Maldivean Coast Guards. Sri Lanka joined the exercise for the first time in 2012.
Note – The Indian Navy’s INS Visakhapatnam was formally commissioned at the Naval Dockyard in Mumbai in the presence of Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh.
- What are the points that are correct with respect to the India 1st Virtual Science Lab for Children?
A) Ministry of Science & Technology (MoST) launched India’s first Virtual Science Lab for children under CSIR Jigyasa programme.
B) The target audience is students of the standard VI to XII & provide virtual tours to CSIR laboratories across India.
C) Under the Jigyasa programme, CSIR has partnered with IIT Bombay to develop the Virtual Lab platform.
1) Only A
2) Only B
3) Only A & B
4) Only B & C
5) All A, B & CAnswer-5) All A, B & C
The Ministry of Science & Technology (MoST) launched India’s first Virtual Science Lab for children under CSIR (Council of Scientific and Industrial Research) Jigyasa programme.
i.The target audience is students of the standard VI to XII & provide virtual tours to CSIR laboratories across India.
ii.Under the Jigyasa programme, CSIR has partnered with IIT Bombay to develop the Virtual Lab platform
• Jigyasa Program: It was launched by CSIR in collaboration with Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan’s (KVS) in 2017 to extend the classroom learning with well planned research laboratory based learning.
- In November 2021, Which Railway Station in Madhya Pradesh was renamed after the tribal icon Tantya Bhil?
1) Kalakund railway station
2) Balauda Takun railway station
3) Choral railway station
4) Patalpani railway station
5) Dakacha railway stationAnswer-4) Patalpani railway station
Madhya Pradesh (MP) Chief Minister (CM) Shivraj Singh Chouhan announced the renaming of Indore’s Patalpani railway station after tribal icon Tantya Bhil, who was well known as ‘Indian Robin Hood’ by the tribals.
• CM also announced that 2 other landmarks, the Bhanwar Kuan intersection and MR 10 bus stand, in Indore will also be named after Tantya Bhil.
- In November 2021, RBI revealed a draft scheme to amalgamate the Punjab and Maharashtra Cooperative (PMC) Bank with Which Small Finance Bank (SFB)?
1) Equitas SFB
2) Capital SFB
3) Unity SFB
4) Ujjivan SFB
5) Utkarsh SFBAnswer-3) Unity SFB
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) revealed a draft scheme to amalgamate the Punjab and Maharashtra Cooperative (PMC) Bank with the Unity Small Finance Bank Ltd. (USFB).
• The suggestions and objections to the draft scheme are open till December 10, 2021.
• Under the scheme, the depositors will get their full amount back over a period of 10 years. In the initial phase, the bank will pay an amount insured under DICGC (Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation) of up to Rs 5 lakhs to depositors.
- In November 2021, The State Bank of India projected India’s economy to grow at ___________ in FY 2022.
1) 8.5-9.0 %
4) 9.3- 9.6%
5) 9.2- 9.4%Answer-4) 9.3- 9.6 %
The State Bank of India (SBI) Research revised India’s GDP (Gross Domestic Product) growth projection for FY22 to a range of 9.3 – 9.6 percent from the earlier estimation of 8.5-9.0 percent.
• The GDP growth in Q2 FY22 was estimated at 8.1 percent, which is the highest growth across all economies.
- Air India Radio(AIR) & ___________ won the ABU – UNESCO Together for Peace (T4P) Media Awards 2021 which was held at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
1) India Today
3) Zee News
5) Aaj TakAnswer-2) Doordarshan
‘Living on the edge – The coastal lives’ and DEAFinitely Leading the Way produced by All India Radio(AIR) and Doordarshan respectively have won the ABU – UNESCO Together for Peace (T4P) Media Awards 2021 held at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia .
- What are the points that are correct with respect to the 49th International Emmy Awards which was held in New York City?
A) Thomas Bellut won the Best Performance by an Actor & Hayley Squires won the Best Performance by an Actress
B) Yvonne Orji won the International Emmy Directorate Award 2021.
C) Indian Actor, Nawazuddin Siddiqui got nominated for Best Performance by an Actor for his role in ‘Serious Men’.
1) Only A
2) Only B
3) Only C
4) Only A & C
5) Only B & CAnswer-3) Only C
David Tennant won the Best Performance by an Actor & Hayley Squires won the Best Performance by an Actress .
Dr Thomas Bellut, won the International Emmy Directorate Award 2021.
Indian Actor, Nawazuddin Siddiqui got nominated for Best Performance by an Actor.
• Vir Das: For India got nominated for Comedy and Aarya television series on Disney+ Hotstar starring Sushmita Sen got nominated for Drama Series.
- Name the Vidarbha Cricket Team player who created the World Record (in Nov’21) for the Most Economic figures in T20 cricket.
1) Rajneesh Gurbani
2) Akshay Karnewar
3) Umesh Yadav
4) Faiz Fazal
5) Aditya SarwateAnswer-2) Akshay Karnewar
• In the Syed Mushtaq Ali Tournament, Vidarbha team’s bowler Akshay Karnewar created the World Record for the Most Economic figures in T20 cricket, for his 4 maiden overs bowled to produce figures of 4-4-0-2 against Manipur.
- What are the points that are correct with respect to the Gujarat Government signing of Multiple MoU during the Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit (VGGS 2022)?
A) Gujarat Government signed 20 MoU’s, attracting a total investment of Rs 24,185 crore at VGGS 2022.
B) Narendra Modi will inaugurate the 10th edition of VGGS 2022 in Gandhinagar, Gujarat, which was held under the theme of ‘From Atmanirbhar Gujarat to Atmanirbhar Bharat’.
C) In this Summit a MoU signed with Indian Oil Corporation with a worth of Rs 1595.22 crore for Capacity augmentation of Kandla Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) import plant.
1) All A, B & C
2) Only A & B
3) Only B & C
4) Only B
5) Only CAnswer-1) All A, B & C
Gujarat Government signed 20 MoU’s, a total of Rs 24,185 crore ahead of Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit (VGGS 2022).
• Narendra Modi will inaugurate the 10th edition of VGGS 2022 in Gandhinagar, Gujarat with the theme of ‘From Atmanirbhar Gujarat to Atmanirbhar Bharat’.
• In this Summit a MoU signed with Indian Oil Corporation with a worth of Rs 1595.22 crore for Capacity augmentation of Kandla Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) import plant.