AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 24 July 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Identify the points that are correctly related to the recent (in July’21) Cabinet Approvals:
A) Ladakh to get its 1st ‘Integrated Multi-purpose infrastructure Development Corporation’
B) Solar Energy generators are newly added to the PLI Scheme
C) Cabinet allowed 49% FDI under automatic route in Oil & Gas PSU’s
1) Only A
2) Only B & C
3) Only C
4) Only A & C
5) All A, B & C
Answer-1) Only A
In July 2021, Union Cabinet gave approval for the following:
i.Approved the establishment of the 1st ‘Integrated Multi-purpose infrastructure Development Corporation’ for the UT of Ladakh at a cost of Rs 25 crore.
ii.To increase the production and minimise the imports of ‘value-added steel/Speciality Steel’, was included to the PLI Scheme.
iii.Approved a proposal to allow 100% FDI under automatic route in Oil & Gas PSU’s, which has received ‘in-principle’ approval for strategic disinvestment in its sector. Currently only 49% FDI is allowed.
- Where is ‘Sela Tunnel’ – one of the largest tunnels in the world that is being constructed by the Border Roads Organisation (BRO)?
2) Arunachal Pradesh
3) Jammu & Kashmir
4) Himachal Pradesh
Answer-2) Arunachal Pradesh
Lt Gen Rajeev Chaudhry, Director General Border Roads (DGBR), virtually conducted the last blast of the escape tube of the under-construction ‘Sela Tunnel’ in Arunachal Pradesh to enable its faster completion. The tunnel is being constructed by the Border Roads Organisation (BRO).
- Where did Indian Navy recently (in July’21) conduct a Bilateral Passage Exercise with the Royal Navy of UK?
1) Arabian Sea
2) North Atlantic Ocean
3) Bay of Bengal
4) Andaman Sea
5) Mediterranean Sea
Answer-3) Bay of Bengal
Indian Navy participated in a Bilateral Passage Exercise (PASSEX) with the Royal Navy of the United Kingdom in Bay of Bengal from July 21-22, 2021. The Maritime Exercise aimed at sharpening the ability of two navies to operate together in the maritime domain.
- Where did the 2021’s G20 Environment Ministers Meeting take place – that saw the virtual participation of Environment Minister Bhupender Yadav?
1) Rotterdam, Netherlands
2) Munich, Germany
3) Vienna, Austria
4) Oslo, Norway
5) Naples, Italy
Answer-5) Naples, Italy
G20 Environment Ministers’ Meeting 2021 was held in hybrid format which was hosted by Italy (2021 G20 Presidency) in Naples. In the meeting, India participated virtually and was represented by Union Minister, Bhupender Yadav, Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEF&CC).
- Identify the country that recently (in July’21) became a member of International Solar Alliance (ISA)
3) Sri Lanka
In July 2021, Sweden, ratified the framework agreement for International Solar Alliance (ISA). ISA, a global initiative by India aims to provide Solar energy & sustainable solutions to enhance energy security and tackle the challenges faced due to Climate Change.
- RBI clarified on the conditions for exit of IDFC Ltd as the promoter of IDFC First Bank as its lock-in period had expired in September 2020. What is the minimum lock-in period for a bank’s promoter?
RBI has clarified that IDFC (Infrastructure Development Finance Company) Limited can exit as the promoter of IDFC First Bank Limited after the expiry of lock‐in period of 5 years which already ended on September 30, 2020.
i.RBI imposes Rs 1 lakh penalty on Melur Co-operative Urban Bank, Madurai Tamil Nadu for non-compliance with certain provisions of the directions issued by RBI.
- In July 2021, Max Bupa Health Insurance Company was renamed as ____________________
1) Niva Bupa Health Insurance company
2) Max Niva Health Insurance company
3) Niva Max Bupa Health Insurance company
4) Poonawalla Health Insurance company
5) Poonawalla Max Health Insurance company
Answer-1) Niva Bupa Health Insurance company
The Max Bupa Health Insurance company limited which was renamed as Niva Bupa Health Insurance Company Limited has rebranded itself as ‘Niva Bupa’.
i.Magma Fincorp Limited, a non-banking finance company, was renamed as Poonawalla Fincorp Limited with effect from 22nd July 2021
- Which organisation acquired a 10-year deal from Bangalore International Airport Ltd (BIAL) to transform travel experience through “Airport in a Box” platform?
IBM Corporation and Bangalore International Airport Ltd (BIAL), the operator of the Kempegowda International Airport, have signed a 10-year partnership deal to create a new ‘Airport in a Box’ platform to transform the travel experience of the passengers of BIAL.
- Who was honoured with the ICAR Norman Borlaug Award 2020?
1) Kajal Chakraborty
2) A K Nayak
3) Trilochan Mohapatra
4) Sharanabasappa Patil
5) Upendra Kumar
Answer-1) Kajal Chakraborty
Kajal Chakraborty, Principal Scientist at ICAR- Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute(CMFRI), Kochi, has been honoured with the ICAR Norman Borlaug Award 2020, the National Award for Excellence in Agricultural Research
- Who (in July’21) replaced HCL founder Shiv Nadar to become the new Managing Director of HCL Technologies?
1) Shikhar Malhotra
2) Roshni Nadar
3) Radhakishan Damani
4) Kiran Nadar
5) C. Vijayakumar
Answer-5) C. Vijayakumar
The founder of HCL Group, Shiv Nadar, has resigned as managing director and director of HCL Technologies Ltd, a subsidiary of HCL, with effect from July 19, 2021. He is succeeded by C. Vijayakumar, president and chief executive officer (CEO), as the managing director for five years.
HCL Technologies is Headquartered at Noida, Uttar Pradesh.