AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 24 August 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Which Organisation(s) funds the “Ubharte Sitaare Fund” that was announced by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman (in Aug ’21) with a corpus of Rs 250 crores to benefit Small & Mid-sized companies in India?
1) IDBI Bank
2) EXIM Bank of India
4) Both 1 & 2
5) Both 2 & 3
Answer-5) Both 2 & 3
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman launched Ubharte Sitaare Fund of Corpus Rs. 250 crore for Export oriented Small & Mid sized companies funded by Export and Import (EXIM) Bank of India & Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI).
- Identify the State/UT that launched (in Aug’ 21) India’s first smog tower to improve the air quality.
3) Tamil Nadu
India’s first smog tower launched in Delhi as a pilot project by the Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal. It was developed by IIT-Delhi and IIT- Bombay to improve the air quality. The nodal agency is Delhi Pollution Control Committee (DPCC).
- In August 2021, Ministry of Earth Science announced India’s target to add _________ Earthquake Observatories by 2021 & adding 100 more by __________.
1) 35; 2026
2) 35; 2024
3) 25; 2026
4) 25; 2024
5) 50; 2028
Answer-1) 35; 2026
Dr. Jitendra Singh, Minister of State(Independent Charge) Science & Technology and that of Earth Sciences announced that India targets to add 35 Earthquake Observatories by 2021 & 100 more by 2026.
i. At present, 115 Earthquake Observatories are functioning in India.
- India is among the 33 extremely high-risk countries as per the report titled ‘The Climate Crisis Is a Child Rights Crisis: Introducing the Children’s Climate Risk Index’. The report was launched by which organization?
1) United Nations Environment Programme
2) World Climate Research Programme
3) United Nations Children’s Fund
4) Child Rights International Network
5) Amnesty International
Answer-3) United Nations Children’s Fund
In accordance with the UNICEF (United Nations Children’s Fund) report titled ‘The Climate Crisis Is a Child Rights Crisis: Introducing the Children’s Climate Risk Index’, i. India is among the 33 extremely high-risk countries where approximately 1 billion children are most at risk of the impacts of climate change.
- Which city will host the 2nd United Nations World Geospatial Information Congress in October 2022 under the theme ‘Towards Geo-enabling the Global Village’?
1) Indore, Madhya Pradesh
2) Bangalore, Karnataka
3) New Delhi
4) Hyderabad, Telangana
5) Mumbai, Maharashtra
Answer-5) Mumbai, Maharashtra
India will host the 2nd United Nations World Geospatial Information Congress (UNWGIC) in October 2022 in Hyderabad, Telangana on the theme ‘Towards Geo-enabling the Global Village’.
i. The first UNWGIC was organized by China in October 2018.
- Name the bank that recently (in Aug’ 21) partnered with Paytm to create digital transformation in semi-urban and rural India.
1) Axis Bank
2) ICICI Bank
3) State Bank of India
4) HDFC Bank
5) IDBI Bank
Answer-4) HDFC Bank
HDFC Bank Ltd and Paytm, made a partnership to share their network to create digital transformation in semi-urban and rural India. A co-branded point of sale (POS) product in the retail segment was jointly launched by both organizations.
About HDFC Bank:
Establishment – 1994
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
MD & CEO – Sashidhar Jagdishan
- In August 2021, NABARD offered Rs 24.90 lakh grant for Integrated Mangrove Fishery Farming System project in ____________.
1) Cuttack, Odisha
2) Howrah, West Bengal
3) Mysore, Karnataka
4) Cuddalore, Tamil Nadu
5) Malappuram, Kerala
Answer-4) Cuddalore, Tamil Nadu
The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) extended Rs 24.90 lakh grant for Integrated Mangrove Fishery Farming System (IMFFS) project in Cuddalore, Tamil Nadu.
i. This project is implemented by the S. Swaminathan Research Foundation for enhancing the fishing community.
- Who was appointed (in Aug’ 21) as the 17th Governor of Manipur?
1) La Ganesan
2) Satyadeo Narain Arya
3) Jagdish Mukhi
4) Satya Pal Malik
5) Ganga Prasad
Answer-1) La Ganesan
President Ramnath Kovind had appointed a senior BJP leader from Tamil Nadu, La. Ganesan as 17th Governor of Manipur. He Succeeded Najma Heptulla.
Chief Minister: Nongthombam Biren Singh
Wildlife Sanctuaries: Yangoupokpi-Lokchao Wildlife Sanctuary, Khongjaingamba Ching Wildlife Sanctuary
- When is the World Entrepreneurs’ Day annually observed to create awareness about entrepreneurship, innovation and leadership?
1) 19th August
2) 20th August
3) 23rd August
4) 22nd August
5) 21st August
Answer-5) 21st August
World Entrepreneurs’ Day is annually observed across the globe on 21st August to create awareness about entrepreneurship, innovation and leadership among the stakeholders.
- Which State became the first in India to declare Sanskrit as an official language?
1) Uttar Pradesh
2) Andhra Pradesh
3) Himachal Pradesh
Sanskrit is included in the 14 original languages of the Eighth Schedule to the Constitution. The 1991 Indian census reported 49,736 fluent speakers of Sanskrit. Uttarakhand was the first state in India to declare Sanskrit as an official language.