AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 24 & 25 October 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 –Click Here to Download the APP
- Who Chaired the 7th meeting of ‘BRICS Communication Ministers 2021’?
1) Rao Inderjit Singh
2) Ashwini Kumar Choubey
3) Devusinh Chauhan
4) Nityanand Rai
5) Meenakashi Lekhi
Answer-3) Devusinh Chauhan
Minister of State (MoS) Devusinh Chauhan chaired the 7th meeting of BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa) Communications Ministers 2021 through video conferencing.
About BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa):
2021 Chair– India
Theme for India’s Chairship– ‘BRICS @ 15: Intra-BRICS Cooperation for Continuity, Consolidation and Consensus’.
- Which country received the ‘Jaynagar-Kurtha rail link’ from IRCON International Limited?
4) Sri Lanka
IRCON International Limited (on behalf of the Government of India) handed over the Jaynagar-Kurtha, a 34.9km-long cross-border rail link, which connects Jaynagar, Bihar to Kurtha, Nepal, to the government of Nepal. This will be the first broad gauge cross border rail link between India and Nepal.
President– Bidhya Devi Bhandari
PM– Sher Bahadur Deuba
- Where was India’s 1st State Government owned Wildlife DNA testing lab (in Oct’21) inaugurated?
1) Ahmedabad, Gujarat
2) Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
3) Kochi, Kerala
4) Kolkata, West Bengal
5) Nagpur, Maharashtra
Answer-5) Nagpur, Maharashtra
Uddhav Balasaheb Thackeray, CM of Maharashtra, inaugurated India’s 1st State government owned Wildlife DNA testing analysis laboratory at Regional Forensic Science Laboratory (RFSL) in Nagpur, Maharashtra.
• On the occasion he also launched 3 FastTrack DNA testing units in Mumbai & Pune under the Nirbhaya scheme.
Governor – Bhagat Singh Koshyari
Wildlife Sanctuaries – Koyna Wildlife Sanctuary, Radhanagari Wildlife Sanctuary
- In October 2021, ‘G7 Digital Trade Principles’ were introduced in the ‘G7 Trade Summit’, held at _________, for governing cross-border data usage & digital trade.
1) London, Britain
2) New York, USA
3) Amsterdam, Netherlands
4) Mumbai, India
5) Seoul, South Korea
Answer-1) London, Britain
‘G7 Digital Trade Principles’ were introduced in the ‘G7 Trade Summit’, held at London, Britain, for governing cross-border data usage & digital trade.
i. G7 countries have introduced a Global Minimum Corporate Tax rate of at least 15% on Multinational Companies(MNCs).
- Which Small Finance Bank (SFB) recently (in Oct’21) launched ‘QR (Quick Response) Code Sound Box’ for payment alerts?
1) Janalakshmi SFB
2) AU SFB
3) Equitas SFB
4) Ujjivan SFB
5) Suryoday SFB
Answer-2) AU SFB
India’s Largest Small Finance Bank, AU Small Finance Bank launched QR (Quick Response) Code Sound Box to boost its digital payments, while making it the first bank to launch such a product.
About AU small finance bank:
Headquarters: Jaipur, Rajasthan
MD & CEO: Mr. Sanjay Agarwal
- Which Bank recently (in Oct’21) signed an MoU with Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) to launch an initiative on Cyber Security awareness?
1) Axis Bank
3) Union Bank of India
4) Punjab National Bank
5) HDFC Bank
Answer-3) Union Bank of India
The Union Bank of India (UBI) signed an MoU with Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC), Hyderabad to launch a 1st of its kind initiative on Cyber Security awareness. UBI previously launched an e-book & an online game ‘Spin-N-Learn’, as a part of National Cyber Security Awareness month.
About Union Bank of India:
Tagline – Good People to Bank with
MD & CEO – Rajkiran Rai G
- Name the 1st Indian Scientist that was selected for ‘Joseph A. Cushman Award 2022’.
1) Kajal Chakraborty
2) Radha Balakrishnan
3) Ajmal Khan
4) Rajiv Nigam
5) Mani Lal Bhaumik
Answer-4) Rajiv Nigam
The Cushman Foundation for Foraminiferal Research selected Dr Rajiv Nigam, Former Chief Scientist, Council of Scientific & Industrial Research-National Institute of Oceanography(CSIR-NIO), Goa as the recipient of 2022 Joseph A. Cushman Award for his research work on foraminifera (microfossil).
- Name the Organization which was recently (in Oct’21) elected as the President of the World Association of Investment Promotion Agencies (WAIPA) for 2021-2023.
2) India Trade Promotion Organisation
3) Invest India
4) Confederation of Indian Industry
5) Quality Council of India
Answer-3) Invest India
Invest India, a young ‘start-up’ within the Government of India was unanimously elected as the President of the World Association of Investment Promotion Agencies (WAIPA) for 2021-2023.
i. WAIPA is the primary nodal global agency for Investment Promotion Agencies(IPA), representing 105 countries. It was established in 1995 under UNCTAD (United Nations Conference on Trade and Development).
- What is the minimum amount stipulation for RTGS transactions (as of Oct’21)?
1) Rs. 2,00,000
2) Rs. 1,00,000
3) Rs. 50,000
4) Rs. 5,00,000
5) Rs. 10,00,000
Answer-1) Rs. 2,00,000
The RTGS (Real-Time Gross Settlement) system is primarily meant for large value transactions. The minimum amount to be remitted through RTGS is ₹ 2,00,000/- with no upper or maximum ceiling.
- What is the Death benefit provided under “Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana(PMJJBY)”?
1) Rs. 1 lakh
2) Rs. 2 lakh
3) Rs. 5 lakh
4) Rs. 10 lakh
5) Rs. 20 lakh
Answer-2) Rs. 2 lakh
The Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY) is a yearly renewable term insurance policy launched by the central government of India. In case of the death of the insurance holder, the death benefit of Rs 2 lakh is offered by the PMJJBY to the nominee of the policy.