AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 24 & 25 January 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- In January 2021, Central Government approved the 1st set of 5 pharma projects promoting domestic manufacture of bulk drugs under the PLI Scheme. What does PLI stands for?
1) Public Livelihood Implementation
2) Product Limited Implementation
3) Public Livelihood Implementation
4) Production Linked Incentive
5) Production Limited IncentiveAnswer-4) Production Linked Incentive
On January 22, 2021, the Central Government gave its consent for first set of five pharma projects with the total committed Investment of Rs 3,761.17 crore. It was approved under the Production Linked Incentive (PLI) scheme for promoting domestic manufacture of bulk drugs and active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs). These are bagged by Hyderabad based Aurobindo Pharma, Bengaluru based Karnataka Antibiotics & Pharmaceuticals, and Kinvan Pvt Ltd located in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Where was India’s largest multi-model logistic park planned to be setup, in partnership with Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone Ltd (APSEZ), as of January 2021?
1) Ahmedabad, Gujarat
2) Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
3) Chandigargh, Punjab
4) Kolkata, West Bengal
5) Mumbai, MaharashtraAnswer-1) Ahmedabad, Gujarat
On January 22, 2021, an MoU was signed between the Gujarat Government and Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone Ltd (APSEZ) in the presence of Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani in Gandhinagar to set up India’s largest multi-model logistic park near Sanand in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. It will have a dedicated air cargo complex with 4.6-kilometre long runway to handle even large sized cargo aircraft. The park will have provision of direct rail connectivity with a dedicated freight corridor which is part of the Delhi-Mumbai industrial corridor.
- Which company will act as the knowledge partner to the Government of Madhya Pradesh(MP) in implementing the New Education Policy, as of January 2021?
5) InfosysAnswer-4) Wipro
Wipro group is set to act as the knowledge partner of the Government of Madhya Pradesh(MP) in the context of the new education policy at the implementation level. WIPRO has taken an initiative to establish a University in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh and the state government will provide all the required support to the Azim Premji Foundation to establish a university in the MP.
- Which was the 1st state to launch door-delivery of rations under the Public Distribution System(PDS)?
3) Andhra Pradesh
5) Tamil NaduAnswer-3) Andhra Pradesh
On 21st January 2021, Andhra Pradesh(AP) became the first state to launch door-delivery of rations under the Public Distribution System(PDS). The scheme will benefit 26,39,363 cardholders throughout the state. The scheme will cost an additional Rs. 830 crore per annum.
- Which organisations will be benefited through the revised regulatory framework announced by RBI in a Discussion Paper released in January 2021?
1) Small Finance Bank
2) Urban Cooperative Bank
3) Non-Banking Financial Company
4) Payment Banks
5) Micro finance InstitutionsAnswer-3) Non-Banking Financial Company
On January 22, 2021, the RBI released a Discussion Paper on “Revised Regulatory Framework for NBFCs- A Scale-Based Approach” on the lines of the announcement made in the Statement on Developmental and Regulatory Policies on December 4, 2020. As per the new framework, the NBFCs will be grouped into four-layers viz. Base Layer (BL), Middle Layer (ML), Upper Layer (UL) and a possible Top Layer (TL). This grouping is in the form of pyramid which states that there will be least regulatory intervention for NBFCs in BL.
- Which payment bank recently (in Jan 2021) launched a ‘Safe Pay’ security feature to its customers to make secured digital transactions?
1) Airtel Payments Bank
2) Paytm Payments Bank
3) India Post Payments Bank
4) Fino Payments Bank
5) Jio Payments BankAnswer-1) Airtel Payments Bank
Airtel Payments Bank has launched ‘Airtel Safe Pay’ to protect the customers when they make digital transactions through Unified Payment Interface (UPI) or net-banking using the Airtel Payments Bank. This safe payment gateway is free of cost, will and offers protection against phishing, stolen credentials or passwords, and phone cloning. Airtel Payments Bank account can be opened through a video call using the Airtel Thanks application.
- Name the justice who (in Jan 2021) became the 1st woman chairperson of Broadcasting Content Complaints Council (BCCC)?
1) Manjula Chellur
2) Indu Malhotra
3) Indira Banerjee
4) Geeta Mittal
5) Vijaya Kamlesh TahilramaniAnswer-4) Geeta Mittal
Justice Geeta Mittal has been appointed as the new chairperson of Broadcasting Content Complaints Council (BCCC) and becomes the 1st woman chairperson of this council. She succeeds Justice Vikramajit Sen. She served as the 1st woman Chief Justice(CJ) of J&K High Court. BCCC is the independent self-regulatory body set up by the Indian Broadcasting Foundation (IBF) in June 2011 to examine content related complaints of all non-news general entertainment channels in India.
- Indian government provides instant feedback service for the COVID Vaccination drive, through RAS platform. What does ‘A’ stands for in RAS?
5) AssessmentAnswer-5) Assessment
Govt of India uses Rapid Assessment System (RAS) under the COVID Vaccination drive, the world’s biggest vaccination drive to get feedback from those who get COVID-19 Vaccination. RAS was developed by National e-Governance Division(NeGD), a division of Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY). RAS platform enables to get online instant feedback for e-services (online as well as offline through counters) that are offered by the Government of India and State Governments.
- Which SriLankan fast bowler recently (in Jan 2021) retired from franchise cricket?
1) Irfan Pathan
2) Dale Steyn
3) Stuart Broad
4) Lasith Malinga
5) James AndersonAnswer-4) Lasith Malinga
One of the greatest bowling sensations of IPL and for Mumbai Indians, Lasith Malinga has decided to retire from franchise cricket. The Sri Lankan speedster has been at the core of Mumbai Indians for 12 years.
- Which was the National Migration Support Portal, that was launched by Tribal Affairs Minister Arjun Munda in January 2021?
3) ASEEM portal
5) AbhayamAnswer-1) Shramshakti
On January 22, 2021, Union Minister Arjun Munda, Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MoTA) virtually launched a National Migration Support Portal namely “Shramshakti” from New Delhi. Originally, the launch programme was held at Panjim, Goa. The focus of the portal is the smooth formulation of state and national level programs for migrant workers. He also released a booklet titled ‘Margadarshika’. The portal will also help the government for linking the migrant population with the existing Welfare Scheme under Atam Nirbhar Bharat.