AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 23 June 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- How many rupees was sanctioned by central government for augmentation of healthcare facilities in North Eastern States?
1) 170 crores
2) 167 crores
3) 186 crores
4) 190 crores
5) 175 croresAnswer-4) 190 crores
Union Minister of State (MoS) of Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER) Dr Jitendra Singh has sanctioned Rs.190 crore for augmentation of healthcare facility in the eight North Eastern (NE) States viz. of Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Manipur, Sikkim, Mizoram, Nagaland, and Tripura for developing infrastructure for management of infectious diseases.Ministry of DoNER has also given the NE States the option to send proposals for health related projects to be funded up to over Rs 500 crore from North East Special Infrastructure Development Scheme (NESIDS).
- Which PSU has partnered with NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) to boost innovation ecosystem in India?
1) Bharat Petroleum Corporation (BPCL)
2) Bharat Heavy Electricals (BHEL)
3) Steel Authority of India (SAIL)
4) Coal India Limited (CIL)
5) National Thermal Power Corporation Limited (NTPC)Answer-4) Coal India Limited (CIL)
Coal India Limited (CIL),an Indian state-owned coal mining and refinery company, has entered into the partnership with NITI (National Institution for Transforming India) Aayog’s flagship initiative Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), to actively support the latter’s key innovation and entrepreneurship initiatives across India.
- Ministry of Finance has released the 1st instalment of 15187.50 crore 15th Finance Commission grants to Rural Local Bodies (RLBs) for FY21 recently. Who is the chairman of 15th finance commission?
1) Antony Cyriac
2) Ravi Kota
4) Arvind Mehta
5) None of theseAnswer-3) N. K. Singh
The Fifteenth Finance Commission (XV FC) has submitted its interim report for the period FY 2020-21 and the Government of India has accepted its recommendations in respect of the Rural Local Bodies (RLBs). The commission has recommended the grant of Rs.60,750 cr for the period FY 2020-21 for RLBs which is the highest ever allocation made by the Finance Commission in any single year. On 17th June, 2020, Ministry of Finance released the first instalment of Rs.15187.50 crore, as grants-in-aid, in respect of 2.63 lakh RLBs located in 28 States of the country. NK Singh is the chairman of 15th finance commission.
- Which IIT has partnered with United Nations’ World Food Programme (UN-WFP) India to offer research-based solution to storage, supply of food grains?
1) IIT Madras
2) IIT Kanpur
3) IIT Delhi
4) IIT Mandi
5) IIT CalcuttaAnswer-3) IIT Delhi
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) India and Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi have joined hands to support state and national governments in achieving food and nutrition security. The overall objective of this partnership is to use advanced analytics and operations research to develop practical solutions that support long term strategic planning of procurement, storage, and movement of food grains by agencies such as the Food Corporation of India (FCI). It also focuses on to create cost-effective supply chain networks for distribution of food grains under the Targeted Public Distribution System (TPDS) at the state level.
- Which state has signed tripartite agreement with POWERGRID &EdCIL to setup smart classrooms in schools?
5) RajasthanAnswer-5) Rajasthan
Rajasthan Education Minister Govind Singh Dotasara informed that Rajasthan government has signed a tripartite agreement with the Power Grid Corporation of India(POWERGRID) and the Educational Consultants India Limited(EdCIL). To set up smart classrooms in 100 schools with a cost of Rs 1.85 crore. E-content syllabus will be available for students from classes 1 to 12. In each school 4 teachers will be trained to teach in the smart classrooms.
- PM Narendra Modi launched Rs 50,000 cr Garib Kalyan RojgarAbhiyaan to boost employment and livelihood for migrant workers recently. Which is the nodal ministry for the implementation of the scheme?
1) Rural Development ministry
2) Home Affairs ministry
3) Animal Husbandry, Dairying and Fisheries ministry
4) Commerce and Industry ministry
5) Road Transport and Highways ministryAnswer-1) Rural Development ministry
An employment -cum- rural public works Campaign for 67 lakh migrant workers titled “Garib Kalyan RojgarAbhiyaan (GKRA)” has been launched for 6 states viz. Bihar, Uttar Pradesh (UP), Madhya Pradesh (MP), Rajasthan, Jharkhand and Odisha, by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on the lines of the announcement made in Rs 20 Lakh crore AatmaNirbhar Bharat Abhiyan. The outlay of this campaign is Rs 50,000 Crores and the Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD) is the nodal Ministry for its implementation.
- Name the bank which collaborated with Affordplan to launch co-branded health card called ‘Swasth Card’.
1) Yes Bank
2) Axis Bank
3) HDFC Bank
4) ICICI Bank
5) IDBI BankAnswer-1) Yes Bank
Yes Bank Limited has joined hands with Delhi-based fintech startupAffordplan, to launch a first of its kind co-branded healthcare card called ‘Swasth Card’ under Swasth program with the aim to enable families plan and manage their finances for their healthcare needs.
- Kolkata based UCO bank has partnered with which insurance company to offer various insurance products for its customers?
1) SBI Life Insurance Company
2) Oriental Insurance Company
3) Religare Health Insurance Company
4) Star Health and Allied Insurance Company
5) All the aboveAnswer-5) All the above
United Commercial Bank(UCO Bank) partnered with four insurers namely, State Bank of India(SBI) Life Insurance Company, the Oriental Insurance Company and Religare Health Insurance Company, Star Health and Allied Insurance Company to offer various insurance products for its customers.
- Tata Sons Natarajan Chandrasekaran has been re-nominated as a part-time non-official director on RBI Central board recently. RBI central board comprises of how many members?
5) 15Answer-2) 21
As per Reserve Bank of India(RBI)’s notification, Chairman of the Board of Tata Sons(since January 2017), Natarajan Chandrasekaran has been re-nominated as a Part-Time Non-Official Director on RBI Central board for 2 years from 3rd March 2020 or until further orders, whichever is earlier. The government had 1st nominated him as the Director on RBI Central board for 4 years from March 4, 2016.The Reserve Bank’s affairs is governed by a central board of directors(BoD). The board is appointed by the Government of India in line with the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934. The central BoD consists of 21 members. Currently RBI’s central board has 15 directors, including the Governor and three Deputy Governors.
- T. Rabi Sankar was appointed as the chairman of Indian Financial Technology & Allied Services (IFTAS) with effect from 15 May 2020. Where is the HQ of IFTAS located?
3) New Delhi
5) LucknowAnswer-4) Mumbai
The Mumbai based Indian Financial Technology & Allied Services (IFTAS), wholly owned subsidiary of Reserve Bank of India appoints T Rabi Sankar as the Chairman and Dr. N Rajendran as the Chief Executive Officer(CEO) effective from 15th May 2020 and 27th May 2020 respectively.
- EvaristeNdayishimiye was elected as the president of which country recently?
5) ZambiaAnswer-4) Burundi
EvaristeNdayishimiye won the presidential election of Burundi held on May 20 and to swear in as president in August 2020.
- Who has won 2020 peace prize of the German Book Trade?
1) Amartya Sen
2) Shobhana Narasimha
3) Sangeetha N. Bhatia
4) Jagdish Bhagwati
5) Thalappil PradeepAnswer-1) Amartya Sen
Indian economist, philosopher and Nobel Laureate Amartya Kumar Sen (86) has been selected for 2020 Peace Prize by the Board of Trustees of the Peace Prize of the German Book Trade for his decades-long work around issues of global justice. He will be presented with the award by German Publishers’ and Booksellers’ Association, Borsenverein in a ceremony that will take place on October 18, 2020, in Paulskirche (Germany) & will be broadcast live on German public television.
- What is the rank of India in World Justice Project (WJP) Rule of Law Index 2020 (1 – Denmark)?
5) 91Answer-2) 69
The Supreme Court asked the government to treat a writ petition, for setting up expert panels to improve India’s performance in the Rule of Law Index, as a “representation” and to decide further action within 6 months’ time. India was Ranked 69th in the WJP Rule of Law Index 2020 India has never been ranked even among top 50 in the Index.
Country Overall Score Global Rank India 0.51 69 Denmark 0.9 1 Norway 0.89 2 Finland 0.87 3
- What is the rank of BSE among world’s largest stock exchanges in terms of cumulative market capitalisation of all companies in the platform, as per data from the World Federation of Exchanges (June 2020).
5) 7thAnswer-4) 10th
Leading bourse BSE figures among the world’s 10 largest exchanges in terms of cumulative market capitalisation of all companies listed on its platform, as per the latest data from the World Federation of Exchanges. BSE is at the tenth place in the top-10 list, with a market capitalisation of $1.7 trillion. The New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) tops the chart with a valuation of $19.3 trillion. Nasdaq comes second with a market capitalisation of $13.8 trillion.
- ISRO has received a patent for its Liquid Cooling and Heating Garment (LCHG) for astronauts to use in space. By which year ISRO plans to send humans to space under ‘Gaganyaan’ project?
5) 2021Answer-2) 2022
The ISRO has initiated a 10,000crores project- Gaganyaan to send humans to space by 2022, in accordance to which, ISRO has received a patent for its Liquid Cooling and Heating Garment (LCHG) for astronauts to use in space for protection from hot and cold environments.
- Who authored the book titled” Legend of Suheldev: The King Who Saved India”?
1) Durjoy Datta
2) Kiran Desai
3) Amish Tripathi
4) Vinit Goenka
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Amish Tripathi
Best-selling author and the Director of Nehru Centre, London(since 2019) Amish Tripathi released his fiction book,”Legend of Suheldev: The King Who Saved India”. The book is published by Westland Publications Pvt Ltd.His 1st book is ‘The Immortals of Meluha’, which is also the 1st book of Shiva Trilogy.
- Rajinder Goel who passed away recently is associated with which sports?
5) BadmintonAnswer-3) Cricket
Domestic cricket stalwart, Legendary first-class spinner Rajinder Goel who represented Haryana, Punjab and Delhi passed away at the age of 77 due to old age related illness at his residence in Rohtak, Haryana, India. He was born on 20th September 1942 in Punjab, British India (today’s Haryana).
- Lachhman Singh Lehl who is in news recently is a renowned _______.
2) Army Personnel
5) MinimalistAnswer-2) Army Personnel
Vir Chakra Awardee, retired Major General Lachhman Singh Lehl, passed away at the age of 97 in New Delhi. He was born in Hoshiarpur, Punjab.He received the Vir Chakra, the third highest gallantry award in India for his role as a forward observer in the 50 Para Brigade.He authored “Missed Opportunities” a comprehensive book on the 1965 Indo-Pak war.
- The UN’s theme for International Yoga Day (IYD) 2020 is “Yoga for Health – Yoga at Home”. When was IYD celebrated annually?
1) June 21
2) June 20
3) June 22
4) June 19
5) June 23Answer-1) June 21
21st June 2020 marks the 6th annual United Nations(UN) International Day of Yoga (IDY) to raise awareness about the benefits of practicing yoga and to educate the public on the importance of choosing a healthy lifestyle to achieve good health. The first IDY was celebrated on 21st June 2015. UN declared IDY 2020 theme as “Yoga for Health – Yoga at Home”.
- What is Ministry of AYUSH’s theme for International Yoga Day 2020?
1) “Climate Action”
2) “Yoga at Home – Yoga with Family”
3) “Yoga for Heart”
4) “Yoga with social distance”
5) “Yoga to combat COVID”Answer-2) “Yoga at Home – Yoga with Family”
21st June 2020 marks the 6th annual United Nations(UN) International Day of Yoga (IDY) to raise awareness about the benefits of practicing yoga and to educate the public on the importance of choosing a healthy lifestyle to achieve good health.To encourage the people to practice yoga in their homes with their family, The Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy (AYUSH), Government of India has maximised the use of social and digital media platforms to assist people in participate in the online events. Ministry of AYUSH in India is promoting IDY 2020 with the theme as “Yoga at Home – Yoga with Family”.
- World Hydrographic Day was observed every year on _____.
1) June 21
2) June 20
3) June 22
4) June 19
5) June 23Answer-1) June 21
World Hydrographic Day is observed annually on June 21 to highlight the importance of hydrography & its relevance in our lives. The day aims to increase the coverage of hydrographic information on a global basis, and urges all States to work with the International Hydrographic Organization(IHO) to promote safe navigation. Theme of World Hydrographic Day 2020: ‘Hydrography Enabling Autonomous Technologies’.
- International Day of the Celebration of the Solstice is globally observed on 21st June, since which year?
5) 2019Answer-5) 2019
Every year, the United Nations(UNs) International Day of the Celebration of the Solstice is globally observed on 21st June to create awareness about the solstices and equinoxes and their cultural and religious significance.The United Nations General Assembly(UNGA) proclaimed the 21st June as the International Day of the Celebration of the Solstices in its resolution A/RES/73/300 on 20th June 2019.
- World Music day was observed annually on ______.
1) June 21
2) June 20
3) June 22
4) June 19
5) June 23Answer-1) June 21
World Music Day(Fête de la Musique) is celebrated annually on June 21 around the world to honour amateur and professional musicians. The day aims to provide free music to everyone & to promote peace and spread goodwill through music.
- A meteorite-like object weighing around 2.78kg has fallen from the sky recently in which state?
1) Tamil Nadu
2) Uttar Pradesh
5) West BengalAnswer-3) Rajasthan
On June 19, 2020 A meteorite-like object weighing around 2.78kg has fallen from the sky in Rajasthan’s Sanchore town of Jalore District, resulting in a one-foot deep crater in the earth, explosion heard 2-km away, which has metallic properties of Germanium, Platinium, Nickel and Iron with the major share.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Who is the union minister for Rural development?
1) Rajnath Singh
2) Nirmala Sitharaman
4) Narendra Singh Tomar
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Narendra Singh Tomar
Narendra Singh Tomar is the present union minister for rural development.
- Where is the HQ of United Nations World Food Programme located?
5) RomeAnswer-5) Rome
The HQ of United Nations World Food Programme located at Rome, Italy.
- Who is the present MD&CEO of Yes Bank?
3) Prasanth Kumar
4) Ravi Kumar
5) Pinaki GhoseAnswer-3) Prasanth Kumar
The Yes Bank Limited is an Indian public bank headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra. The RBI later reconstructed the board and named Prashant Kumar former Chief financial officer of SBI as new MD & CEO at Yes Bank.
- Where is the HQ of UCO bank located?
5) GurugramAnswer-4) Kolkata
The HQ of UCO Bank located at Kolkata, West Bengal.
- What is the constituency of Narendra Singh Tomar?
2) Patna Sahib
5) RaebareliAnswer-3) Morena
Narendra Singh Tomar constituency – Morena, Madhya Pradesh.