AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 23 January 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Where was 1st ever Khelo India Winter Sports & Youth Festival conducted?
5) ManaliAnswer-4) Kargil
On January 21, 2021, Kiren Rijiju, Minister of State (Independent Charge) of Youth Affairs and Sports inaugurated the 1st ever Khelo India Zanskar Winter Sports & Youth Festival 2021 at Padum in Zanskar of Kargil, Ladakh UT. It will take place for 13 days from January 18-30, 2021 and is organized by Ladakh’s Sports & Youth Services Department and Tourism Department under the Khelo India program. Some of the events in the Festival are Ice Climbing, trekking on frozen Zanskar River, Ice Hockey, snow sculpture & ethnic food festival.
- Delegates from Which country/countries participated in a Trade Council with Indian counterparts to boost business relationship between the countries, that was held at Chennai (in Jan 2021)?
3) Sri Lanka
5) European UnionAnswer-2) Africa
On January 22, 2021, the India Africa Trade Council 2021 was inaugurated in Hotel Crowne Plaza, Chennai (Tamil Nadu) for building up business relations between India and Africa. As a part of the council, 13 Trade offices linked directly with embassies in Delhi will be opened in Major Metro cities of India which makes our Indian Businessmen could have the interest to do a trade in African countries. Establishment of India Africa Film Commission for identifying opportunities in Film shootings for Bollywood and South India film Industry by Wali Kashvi.
- Which bank recently (in Jan 2021), executed two inter-bank short term money market deals with pricing linked to SOFR (Secured Overnight Financing Rate)?
1) Indian Bank
2) State Bank of India
3) Canara Bank
4) Indian Overseas Bank
5) SBM IndiaAnswer-2) State Bank of India
On January 21, 2021, the State Bank of India (SBI) has executed two inter-bank short term money market deals with pricing linked to SOFR (Secured Overnight Financing Rate) through its Hong Kong (China) branch. The transaction states the growth of SBI in Alternate Reference Rates (ARRs). ARRs are overnight rates which are published at the end of the overnight borrowing period. This means they are “backward-looking.” SOFR is a benchmark interest rate that banks use to price dollar-denominated derivatives and loans. Notably, SOFR will replace USD LIBOR (London Inter Bank Offered Rate) by December 2021.
- Which bank partnered with the GrayQuest to provide access to affordable funds to parents for their child’s education fees, as of January 2021?
1) SBM India
3) HDFC Bank
4) ICICI Bank
5) Deutsche BankAnswer-1) SBM India
On January 22, 2021 GrayQuest partnered with SBM Bank (India) Limited to help its clients to access affordable funds to pay their children’s education fees in monthly payments. GrayQuest has partnered with over 2000 leading schools, colleges and universities across India to enable this kind of payment. The parents who signed up in GrayQuest platform will get benefits like complimentary insurance cover and access to more than 50 exclusive rewards for their children.
- In January 2021, Government of India approved to increase the Share Capital of ____________ from Rs. 3000 Cr to Rs. 10,000 Cr.
1) United Bank of India
2) Oriental Bank of Commerce
3) Allahabad Bank
4) Punjab & Sind bank
5) Central Bank of IndiaAnswer-4) Punjab & Sind bank
Government of India has increased the authorised share capital of Punjab & Sind bank to Rs 10,000 crore from Rs 3,000 crore. The government in 2020 had approved to infuse Rs 5,500 crore capital into the bank by preferential allotment of shares. The fund was approved from Rs 20,000 crore cleared by the Parliament in September 2020 to infuse capital in Public Sector Banks (PSBs) as part of the 1st batch of Supplementary Demands for Grants for 2020-21.
- Who recently (in Jan 2021), got appointed as India’s next Ambassador to ASEAN Secretariat in Jakarta?
1) Jayant N Khobragade
2) Uday Shankar
3) Suresh Chandra Mohapatra
4) Kuldeep Handoo
5) Anil SoniAnswer-1) Jayant N Khobragade
On January 21, 2021 Jayant N Khobragade has been appointed as India’s next Ambassador to the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) Secretariat in Jakarta, Indonesia. He will shortly take charge of the position. He is an Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer of the 1995 batch and currently serves as joint secretary in External Affairs Ministry, Government of India. The ASEAN region and India together have a population of 1.85 billion people, a quarter of the world’s population and their combined GDP has been estimated at over USD 3.8 trillion.
- Recently (in Jan 2021), PM Ukhnaa Khurelsukh resigned from office after public agitation against the COVID-19 control measures of his Government. He was the PM of ________.
5) MongoliaAnswer-5) Mongolia
On 21st January 2021, Ukhnaa Khurelsukh, Prime Minister of Mongolia resigned following the public protest against the COVID-19 control measures of the Government. Submitting the resignation, he has also proposed to dissolve his government. The mongolian parliament dominated by Ukhnaa Khurelsukh’s Mongolian People’s Party voted to accept the resignation. 60 parliamentarians out of the 63 who attended the session approved the resignation.
- Which organisation(s) was awarded the ‘Coal Minister’s Award 2020’ for adopting the best & sustainable practices for coal mining in India?
1) Central Coalfields Ltd (CCL)
2) Northern Coalfields Ltd (NCL)
3) Western Coalfields Ltd (WCL)
4) Only 1 & 3
5) All 1, 2 & 3Answer-5) All 1, 2 & 3
On January 21,2021, the Ministry of Coal had conducted three events in New Delhi. Presented Coal Minister’s Awards 2020, Inaugurated New Coal Handling Plant (CHP), and Launched Project Passion’ – Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) of CIL. Three units of Coal India Ltd (CIL) namely Northern Coalfields Ltd (NCL) in Madhya Pradesh, Central Coalfields Ltd (CCL) in Jharkhand & Western Coalfields Ltd (WCL) in Maharashtra have bagged the ‘Coal Minister’s Award 2020’ for adopting the best & sustainable practices for coal mining in India. The awards were presented by Pralhad Joshi, Union Minister of Coal & Mines during a function held in New Delhi.
- Which organisation recently (in Jan 2021) test fired the Indigenous Smart Anti Airfield Weapon (SAAW) from the Hawk-i aircraft near the coast of Odisha?
1) Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd
3) Ordnance Factory Board
4) Boeing India
5) Indian NavyAnswer-1) Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd
Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) successfully Test Fired the Indigenous Smart Anti Airfield Weapon (SAAW) from the Hawk-i aircraft close to the coast of Odisha. It is the 1st Smart Weapon to be fired from an Indian Hawk-Mk132. It has been developed by Research Centre Imarat (RCI), Hyderabad of Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) under HAL’s Hawk-i Program. SAAW is a precision strike weapon of 125 kg category, it has a range of 100 kms and can be used to attack enemy assets like radars, bunkers, taxi tracks and runways.
- Who authored the book “The Making of Aadhaar: World’s Largest Identity Platform”?
1) J. Satyanarayana
2) Narendra Modi
3) Ram Sewak Sharma
4) Ajay Bhushan Pandey
5) Venkaiah NaiduAnswer-3) Ram Sewak Sharma
The Book, “The Making of Aadhaar: World’s Largest Identity Platform” was authored by Ram Sewak Sharma, the first director general of the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) — the body that designed, implemented and manages Aadhaar — the “proof of the pudding” came after May 2014, when the use of Aadhaar under the Narendra Modi government exploded.