AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 23 April 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- In April 2021, Union Minister, Harsh Vardhan virtually participated in the 5th Global Forum on TB Vaccines.
Identify the Points that are correctly related to India & TB:
A) India targets to eliminate TB from India by 2030
B) Harsh Vardhan is the Chairman of Stop TB Partnership Board
C) Puducherry is the 1st TB Free Union Territory of India
1) All A, B & C
2) Only B & C
3) Only A & B
4) Only A & C
5) Only B
Answer-5) Only B
Dr Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) addressed the 5th Global Forum on TB Vaccines virtually in April 2021.
The forum is convened by the Stop TB Partnership Working Group on New Vaccines.
Harsh Vardhan is the Chairman of Stop TB Partnership Board.
India targets to eliminate TB by 2025 from India & by 2030 from the entire world.
Lakshadweep became the 1st TB Free Union Territory in India.
- Indian Railways developed its 1st ‘form-based codes’ for the commercial development of railway land based on the guidebook issued by the Ministry of _____________.
1) Environment, Forest and Climate Change
2) Road Transport and Highways
3) Agriculture & Farmers Welfare
4) Housing and Urban Affairs
Answer-4) Housing and Urban Affairs
The Indian Railways Station Development Corporation (IRSDC) has developed 1st of its kind ‘form-based codes’ for the commercial development of railway land. IRSDC has adopted a form-based codes approach as per the guidebook issued by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA).
It will assist in the Development of railway lands into Railpolis, a mini smart city.
- Who will represent India in the 2021 World Cities Cultural Forum (WCCF)?
1) Narendra Singh Tomar
2) Hardeep Singh Puri
3) Narendra Modi
4) Arvind Kejriwal
5) Vijaybhai R. Rupani
Answer-4) Arvind Kejriwal
Arvind Kejriwal, Chief Minister of Delhi will be representing Delhi and India at the World Cities Cultural Forum (WCCF) 2021. The Forum comprises 40 world cities including London, Tokyo and New York.The WCCF 2021 Forum was hosted by London.
The theme of WCCF 2021 is “The Future of Culture”.
- India secured _______ rank in the World Press Freedom Index 2021, which is continuously topped for the 5th time by ___________.
1) 142nd, Sweden
2) 108th, Finland
3) 142nd, Norway
4) 103rd, Sweden
5) 108th, Norway
Answer-3) 142nd, Norway
India with a score of 46.56 retained 142nd Rank (out of 180 countries) in the World Press Freedom Index 2021 released by international journalism not-for-profit body, Reporters Without Borders.
The index was topped by Norway (for the 5th time), followed by Finland & Sweden. While Eritrea was ranked 180th.
India was ranked 142nd in the 2020’s Index.
- Which is the only Indian University to be listed in the World’s Top 100 Educational Institutions for sustainability in the Times Higher Education (THE) Impact Rankings 2021?
1) Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham
2) Vellore Institute of Technology
3) Chitkara University
4) Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University
5) Lovely Professional University
Answer-1) Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Tamil Nadu became the only Indian University to make it to the list of World’s Top 100 Educational Institutions for sustainability. It was ranked 81st (overall ranking) in the 3rd edition of Times Higher Education (THE) Impact Rankings 2021.
Other Than this, 2 Indian Universities – JSS Academy of Higher Education and Research and Lovely Professional University were ranked in the list with a place in the 100-200 grouping.
- Which organisation partnered with Tata Steels to implement the World’s 1st blockchain-enabled paperless transaction in the steel industry?
1) DBS Bank
3) Standard Chartered
In April 2021, Tata Steel Ltd and HSBC, a banking and financial services organisation, executed the global first blockchain-enabled paperless transaction in the steel industry. Under the transaction, Tata Steel exported steel to Universal Tube & Plastic Industries, UAE.
Contour & essDOCS are the blockchain platforms used under the transaction.
Headquarters of Tata Steel Ltd – Jamshedpur, Jharkhand
Headquarters of HSBC – London, United Kingdom
- Who was appointed as the External Auditor of the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) in April 2021?
1) Girish Chandra Murmu
2) S A Bobde
3) Tushar Mehta
4) N V Ramana
5) Sushil Chandra
Answer-1) Girish Chandra Murmu
India’s Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) Girish Chandra Murmu has been appointed as External Auditor of the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) for a three-year term starting 2021.
About Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW)
Director-General – Mr Fernando Arias
Headquarters – Hague, Netherlands
- Which state is planning to host the 4th Khelo India Youth Games 2021 for the 1st time in multiple cities?
Haryana is set to host the 4th edition of the Khelo India Youth Games 2021, which will be held from 21st November 2021 to 5th December 2021 at Panchkula, Ambala, Shahbad, Delhi and Chandigarh.
This is the 1st time Khelo India Youth games are held in multiple cities.
- In April 2021, Padma Bhushan awardee Shankha Ghosh passed away. In which field he was awarded Padma Bhushan?
2) Science & Technology
4) Public Affairs
Bengali poet and Padma Bhushan awardee Shankha Ghosh passed away in Kolkata, West Bengal.
He won the prestigious Jnanpith award in 2016.
Shankha Ghosh was awarded Padma Bhushan in 2011 for his contribution to literature.
- Which is the 1st state/UT in India to draft a Cycling Policy?
3) New Delhi
Chandigarh has released a first of its kind draft cycling policy, this is the first time for a city to draft a cycling policy in India. The draft recognises cycling as one of the environment friendly and quickest modes of transport in urban areas.