AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 22 October 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 –Click Here to Download the APP
- In October 2021, the Central Government extended the Insurance Scheme for Healthcare workers under “Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package (PMGKP)” for another 180 Days. What is the insurance cover provided under the scheme?
1) Rs 50 Lakh
2) Rs 10 Lakh
3) Rs 5 Lakh
4) Rs 25 Lakh
5) Rs 2 Lakh
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Rs 50 Lakh
The Central government extended the duration of “Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package (PMGKP)”, an insurance scheme for health care workers fighting COVID-19, for a further period of 180 days. It was launched to provide comprehensive personal accident cover of Rs. 50 Lakh to 22.12 lakh health care providers.
i. Rs 1.70 Lakh Crore worth of relief package was announced under Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana(PMGKY).
- In October 2021, NABARD sanctioned Rs 608 crore financial assistance for different infrastructure projects in rural areas of which state?
4) West Bengal
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Assam
The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) sanctioned Rs 608 crore to the Government of India (GoI) for different infrastructure projects in rural areas of Assam.
CM – Himanta Biswa Sarma
Wildlife Sanctuary (WS) – Deepor Beel WS, Marat Longri WS
- In October 2021, __________ along with Mastercard, US International Development Finance Corporation & USAID, launched a __________ credit facility for MSMEs in India.
1) HDFC Bank; $100 million
2) HDFC Bank; $250 million
3) Axis Bank; $100 million
4) ICICI Bank; $250 million
5) ICICI Bank; $100 million
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) HDFC Bank; $100 million
HDFC Bank, Mastercard, United States International Development Finance Corporation (DFC), and US Agency for International Development (USAID) launched a $100 million credit facility for MSMEs (Micro Small and Medium Enterprises) in India.
About HDFC Bank:
MD & CEO – Sashidhar Jagdishan
Tagline – We understand your world
- Which Insurance company recently (in Oct’21) entered into a bancassurance partnership with ‘Utkarsh Small Finance Bank’ to distribute life insurance products?
1) HDFC Life Insurance
2) Bharti AXA Life Insurance
3) Max Life Insurance
4) Aditya Birla Sun Life Insurance
5) SBI Life Insurance
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Bharti AXA Life Insurance
Bharti AXA Life Insurance Company Limited (Bharti AXA Life) entered into a bancassurance partnership with Utkarsh Small Finance Bank to ensure distribution of life insurance products through the bank’s network across India.
About Bharti AXA Life Insurance Company Limited:
MD & CEO– Parag Raja
Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Which became the 1st foreign operator to get India’s approval to sell high-speed broadband services to planes and shipping vessels via BSNL?
3) Blue Origin
4) Virgin Galactic
5) Inmarsat Holdings
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Inmarsat Holdings
British satellite operator Inmarsat Holdings Ltd was the first foreign operator to get India’s approval to sell high-speed broadband to planes and shipping vessels.Many Indian consumers and businesses operate with the help of internet service.
i. Inmarsat will access the market via Indian state-owned telecommunications company Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd(BSNL)
- Name the personality that recently (in Oct’21) won ‘Sakharov Prize’.
1) Nadia Murad
2) Alexya Salvador
3) Alexei Navalny
4) Michelle Bachelet
5) Nancy Herz
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Alexei Navalny
Russian Opposition leader (Party-Russia of the Future), lawyer and anti-corruption activist, Alexei Navalny was awarded the ‘Sakharov Prize for Freedom of Thought’ (Sakharov Prize), the European Union’s (EU) top human rights prize for human rights defenders.
i. The prize was awarded for the 1st time in 1988 to Nelson Mandela and Anatoli.
- Which organization recently (in Oct’21) implemented ‘Web Based Project Monitoring Portal’ (WBPMP) to enable real time monitoring of its projects?
1) Defence Research and Development Organisation
2) Military Engineer Services
3) Central Public Works Department
4) Indigenous Defence Equipment Exporters Association
5) Archaeological Survey of India
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Military Engineer Services
Union Minister Rajnath Singh, Ministry of Defence (MoD), launched Web Based Project Monitoring Portal (WBPMP) for Military Engineer Services (MES). It has been developed by Gandhinagar (Gujarat) based Bhaskaracharya National Institute for Space Applications and Geo-informatics (BISAG-G).
- In October 2021, Famous International fast bowler James Pattinson announced his retirement from international cricket. Which country did he represent in International matches?
3) South Africa
4) New Zealand
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Australia
Australian fast bowler James Pattinson has announced his retirement from international cricket. He will continue to play for the Victoria State team and engage in training the next generation of fast bowlers.
- What was the theme of the 2021’s ‘International Chefs Day’ that is annually observed by the World Association of Chefs Societies(Worldchefs) on 20th October?
1) We care, We prepare, We prosper
2) One Hand Can Feed Another
3) Healthy Kids – Healthy Future
4) Healthy Food for the Future
5) Pass It On
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Healthy Food for the Future
International Chefs Day is annually celebrated by the World Association of Chefs Societies(Worldchefs) on 20th October to celebrate the profession of culinary arts and to create awareness about the importance of healthy food. The theme of International Chefs Day 2021 is “Healthy Food for the Future”.
i. In 2004, Dr Billy Gallagher, former president of WorldChefs, who was popularly known as “South Africa’s father of fine food” created International Chefs Day.
- When is the ‘Police Commemoration Day’, also known as ‘Police Martyrs Day’, annually observed in India?
1) 19th October
2) 20th October
3) 21st October
4) 22nd October
5) 23rd October
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) 21st October
The Police Commemoration Day is annually observed across India on October 21st to remember and pay tribute to the police personnel who died in the line of duty. The day is also known as Police Martyrs Day.