AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 22 May 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- In May 2021, the Ministry of Home Affairs extended the validity of registration for NGOs in India due to Covid-19.
What are the points that are correctly related to Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act (FCRA)?
A) Validity certificates of all NGOs are extended till 30th September 2021
B) To receive foreign contribution, all NGOs should open a ‘FCRA account’ in Reserve Bank of India
C) As per FCRA Amendment Bill – 2020, NGOs shall be at least 1 year-old to receive foreign contributions
1) Only C
2) Only B & C
3) Only A
4) Only A & B
5) Only BAnswer-3) Only A
The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) extended the validity of registration certificates granted to Non-Government Organisations (NGOs) under the Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act (FCRA), 2010 till September 30, 2021 due to restrictions imposed in view of COVID-19.
i.To receive Foreign Contribution, all NGOs have to open a ‘FCRA account’ at State Bank of India, New Delhi Main Branch (SBI NDMB) before June 30, 2021.
ii.As per FCRA Amendment Bill – 2020, NGOs intending to receive foreign funding must be at least 3 years old and must have spent INR 15 Lakh in voluntary activities prior to their applications.
- The Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment fixed May 2021 as the deadline for implementing “Elderline”, the call centre across India, to address the difficulties faced by senior citizens in COVID-19. What is the Elderline Toll-free number?
5) 14567Answer-5) 14567
The Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment started the state-wise call centres under the Elderline project to address the difficulties faced by the elders due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The elderly can reach the call centres through the toll-free number – 14567. The Ministry is working towards making the call centres functional in all the states by the end of May 2021.
- Which government body partnered (in Apr’21) with the Department of Higher Education to launch an innovation challenge for developing applications on “Indian Language Learning”?
1) University Grants Commission
3) NITI Aayog
4) Central Institute of Indian Languages
5) University of DelhiAnswer-2) MyGov
MyGov in association with the Department of Higher Education (DHE) launched an innovation challenge, for developing an application on “Indian Language Learning” to promote regional language literacy.
- Which is the 1st bank to issue Foreign Portfolio Investment (FPL) to alternate investment funds incorporated in GIFT International Financial Services Centre?
1) State Bank of India
2) Indian Overseas Bank
3) HDFC Bank
4) Kotak Mahindra Bank
5) Axis BankAnswer-4) Kotak Mahindra Bank
Kotak Mahindra Bank became the 1st bank to issue Foreign Portfolio Investments (FPI) license to an Alternate Investment Fund (AIF) incorporated in Gujarat International Finance Tec (GIFT) International Financial Services Centre (IFSC), after its issuance of FPI license on May 20, 2021, to the GIFT IFSC AIF of True Beacon Global.
- Who was honoured with the 2021’s Templeton Prize?
1) Archbishop Desmond Tutu
2) Prince Philip
3) Dalai Lama
4) Sir Martin Rees
5) Jane GoodallAnswer- 5) Jane Goodall
The prestigious Templeton Prize for the year 2021 was given to conservationist Jane Goodall. She was renowned for her expertise on chimpanzees and her globe-spanning advocacy of environmental causes.
Templeton Prize is one of the world’s largest individual awards currently valued at 1.1 million pounds
- Who is the World highest-paid athletes for 2021 as per the annual ranking of Forbes?
1) Virat Kohli
2) Dak Prescott
3) Conor McGregor
4) Cristiano Ronaldo
5) Lionel MessiAnswer-3) Conor McGregor
Forbes’ annual ranking of the World highest-paid athletes for 2021 was released. Mixed Martial Arts(MMA) Fighter Conor McGregor from Ireland topped the list with a total earning of 180 million USD(around 1313 crores). McGregor is followed by football players Lionel Messi (2nd) with 130 million USD and Cristiano Ronaldo (3rd) with 120 million USD.
- Who was appointed as the People’s Advocate of the UN Climate Change Conference of the Parties (COP26)-2021?
1) Alok Sharma
2) Sir David Attenborough
3) Nigel Topping
4) Peter Hill
5) John KerryAnswer-2) Sir David Attenborough
Sir David Attenborough, world-renowned broadcaster and natural historian, has been appointed as the People’s Advocate for the 26th United Nations (UN) Climate Change Conference of the Parties (COP26)-2021, which will be held in Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom (UK) in November 2021.
UK and Italy will host COP-26.
- Which organisation became the 100% shareholder of ONGC Mangalore Petrochemicals Ltd (OMPL) in May 2021?
1) Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemicals Ltd
2) Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Ltd
3) NTPC Ltd
4) Chennai Petroleum Corporation Ltd
5) Indian Oil Corporation LtdAnswer-1) Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemicals Ltd
Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemicals Ltd (MRPL) acquired the outstanding 0.00027776 percent equity holding of ONGC Mangalore Petrochemicals Ltd (OMPL) from Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC).
After this acquisition, OMPL became a wholly-owned (100% share) subsidiary of MRPL.
- When & where will the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup be conducted?
1) India, October 2021
2) UAE, October 2021
3) India, October 2022
4) New Zealand, October 2021
5) UAE, October 2022Answer-3) India, October 2022
At the 71st FIFA Congress, the FIFA Council approved key dates for the international match calendars. In which it also announced the dates of the 2022 U-17 Women’s World Cup in India to be held from October 11 to 30 in 2022.
i.This will be the 2nd FIFA tournament hosted by India, after the FIFA U-17 World Cup 2017
- Match the following religious texts with their respective religions:
i. Adi Granth a. Judaism
ii. Torah b. Buddhism
iii. Tattvartha Sutra c. Jainism
iv. Tripitaka d. Sikhism
1) i-d, ii-b, iii-a, iv-c
2) i-b, ii-c, iii-a, iv-d
3) i-a, ii-d, iii-c, iv-b
4) i-d, ii-a, iii-c, iv-b
5) i-b, ii-a, iii-c, iv-dAnswer-4) i-d, ii-a, iii-c, iv-b
Holy Text Religion Adi Granth Sikhism Torah Judaism Tattvartha Sutra Jainism Tripitaka Buddhism