AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 22 July 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Which is India’s 1st Court to live stream Judicial Proceedings to create transparency in Judiciary?
1) Madras High Court
2) Guwahati High Court
3) Gujarat High Court
4) Kerala High Court
5) Allahabad High Court
Answer-3) Gujarat High Court
The High Court of Gujarat became the 1st court of India to formally start live streaming of proceedings on its YouTube channel to ensure transparency and openness in the Indian judiciary.
i.In 2018, the Supreme Court had allowed the live streaming of cases of national importance on the basis of the judgment of Swapnil Tripathi VS Supreme Court.
- Which organisation launched the report – “India Inequality Report 2021: India’s Unequal Healthcare Story” that deals with India’s inequality situation during Pandemic?
1) Oxfam India
2) NITI Aayog
4) Childline India
5) UNICEF India
Answer-1) Oxfam India
In accordance with the report titled ‘India Inequality Report 2021: India’s Unequal Healthcare Story’ by Oxfam India, there are sharp inequalities across different caste, religious, class and gender categories on various health indicators.
- Identify the Insurance company that launched ‘Optima Secure’ – a new health insurance scheme for its customers
1) IFFCO Tokio General Insurance
2) Max Bupa Health Insurance
3) HDFC ERGO General Insurance
4) Life Insurance Corporation of India
5) New India Assurance
Answer-3) HDFC ERGO General Insurance
HDFC ERGO General Insurance, a non-life insurance company, launched a new health indemnity insurance policy named ‘Optima Secure’ to redefine the values of insurance plans that would be obtained by customers.
About HDFC ERGO General Insurance:
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
MD & CEO – Ritesh Kumar
- Which payment bank partnered (in July’21) with ‘Multilink’ to build neo banking infrastructure in rural India?
1) Airtel Payments Bank
2) Paytm Payments Bank
3) Jio Payments Bank
4) Fino Payments Bank
5) NSDL Payments Bank
Answer-5) NSDL Payments Bank
NSDL Payments Bank has made a strategic partnership with Multilink, a fintech company to build agent points across India to boost the banking facilities in rural and semi-urban areas of India through the Neo banking system.
i.NSDL Payment Bank was established in 2018, headquartered at Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Name the bank that partnered with U GRO Capital to launch ‘Pratham’ – a Rs. 1,000 crores co-lending program for MSME sector
1) Bank of Baroda
2) Punjab National Bank
3) Vijaya Bank
4) IDBI Bank
5) IndusInd Bank
Answer-1) Bank of Baroda
U GRO Capital, a technology-enabled Non-Banking Finance Company (NBFC), made a Co-lending partnership with Bank of Baroda (BoB) to lend Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs).
Under the partnership, a co-lending programme named ‘Pratham’ was launched to disburse loans for over Rs 1,000 crore.
- Name the country that recently (in July’21) conducted a successful trail of “S-500 Air Defence Missile Systems” – a Long-range Surface-to-Air Missile
Russia successfully test-fired its new S-500 Air Defence Missile Systems in a Kapustin Yar Training ground, Russia. The missile, considered as the most advanced anti-missile system, successfully hit a high-speed ballistic target. It is a Long-range Surface-to-Air Missile Defence System with a range of 600 kms.
- In July 2021, Viswanathan Anand won the ‘No-Castling (NC) World Masters’ event of the Sparkassen Trophy. Where was the tournament held?
1) Antwerp, Belgium
2) Birmingham, UK
3) Dortmund, Germany
4) Allentown, USA
5) Tbilisi, Georgia
Answer-3) Dortmund, Germany
India’s Viswanathan Anand defeated Russia’s Vladimir Kramnik to win the ‘No-Castling (NC) World Masters’ event of the Sparkassen Trophy held at Dortmund, Germany.
- Who authored the book, “The Stranger in the Mirror”?
1) Y Venugopal Reddy
2) Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
3) Farhan Akhtar
4) A R Rahman
5) Kamlesh Pandey
Answer-2) Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
Bollywood Filmmaker Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra has authored his debut book – his autobiography – titled “The Stranger in the Mirror”. The book is co-written by noted author Reeta Ramamurthy Gupta.
- Pick the bank that is wrongly matched with its Tagline.
1) South Indian Bank – Experience Next Generation Banking
2) Indian Overseas Bank – Good People to Grow With
3) HDFC Bank – Experience Our Expertise
4) Federal Bank – Your Perfect Banking Partner
5) Canara Bank – Together We Can
Answer-3) HDFC Bank – Experience Our Expertise
HDFC Bank – “We Understand Your World”
YES Bank – “Experience Our Expertise”
- ‘Govind Ballabh Pant Sagar’ – India’s largest manmade lake is located in which state?
2) Uttar Pradesh
4) Tamil Nadu
Answer-2) Uttar Pradesh
“Govind Ballabh Pant Sagar Dam” also known as “Rihand dam” is located near Pipri village in Sonbhadra district of Uttar Pradesh State, India. It is the largest multipurpose project of the state of Uttar Pradesh. This is the largest manmade reservoir/lake in India and also the largest dam of India by volume.