AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 22 December 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Where did the 8th edition of the North East Festival (NEF) 2020 held for the 1st time, with this year’s focus on ‘Growth Agenda for North East Post COVID-19’?
1) Guwahati, Assam
2) Imphal, Manipur
3) Agartala, Tripura
4) Kohima, Nagaland
5) Shillong, Meghalaya
Answer-1) Guwahati, Assam
On December 19-20, 2020, the 8th edition of the North East Festival (NEF) 2020 was held at Radisson Blu Hotel in Guwahati, Assam by adhering to all Covid related protocols and guidelines. It was for the first time that Guwahati hosted this annual two-day event. The festival was open for the public to attend virtually. The focus of this year was on ‘Growth Agenda for North East Post COVID-19’. The events showcase and create awareness about the northeast and promote entrepreneurship, investment and tourism.
- Where did India Smart Grid Forum (ISGF), Power Ledger & Abajyon Consulting launched South Asia’s 1st blockchain-enabled Peer to Peer (P2P) Trading Platform for Rooftop Solar Power Producers?
1) Hyderabad, Telangana
2) Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
3) Patna, Bihar
4) Dispur, Assam
5) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Answer-2) Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
On December 17, 2020, Uttar Pradesh (UP) launched India, South Asia’s 1st blockchain-enabled Peer to Peer (P2P) Trading Platform for Rooftop Solar Power Producers in Lucknow, UP. The Pilot project will be implemented by India Smart Grid Forum (ISGF), Power Ledger (Australia based Blockchain technology partner) & Abajyon Consulting. The platform will also be used to set prices, track energy trading in real time & enable settlement of surplus solar energy transactions.
- Which Organisation along with Asian Development Bank and supports from Australian Government prepared the ‘Asian Water Development Outlook 2020: Advancing Water Security across Asia and the Pacific’ report?
2) World Water Council
3) Asia-Pacific Water Forum
4) Global Water Challenge
5) Water Education Foundation
Answer-3) Asia-Pacific Water Forum
According to ‘Asian Water Development Outlook 2020: Advancing Water Security across Asia and the Pacific’ released by Asian Development Bank (ADB), 2.1 Billion People (1.5 Billion People in rural areas & 600 Million in urban areas) lack adequate water supply, sanitation in the Asia-Pacific region. The Asian Water Development Outlook (AWDO) 2020 has been jointly prepared by ADB & Asia-Pacific Water Forum and supported by the Government of Australia.
- Which state recently launched a 2-month long campaign ‘Varasat’, to end property and related disputes in rural areas of the state on December, 2020?
2) Madhya Pradesh
5) Uttar Pradesh
Answer-5) Uttar Pradesh
On December 15, 2020 Yogi Adityanath, Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh launched a first of its kind campaign, ‘Varasat’ (natural succession) drive to end property and related disputes in rural areas of the state. This 2-month campaign will continue till February 15, 2021. UP govt to double the farmers’ income will launch ‘Kisan Kalyan Mission’. This will end the long pending land disputes and also to control the land mafia who normally target the disputed lands particularly in the rural areas.
- Which bank partnered with IIFL (India Infoline Limited) Home Finance Ltd, to provide affordable housing and MSME loans on December, 2020?
1) State Bank of India
2) ICICI Bank
3) HDFC Bank
4) Axis Bank
5) Yes Bank
Answer-2) ICICI Bank
On December 19, 2020, IIFL (formerly India Infoline Limited) Home Finance Ltd, the subsidiary of IIFL Finance has joined hands with ICICI (Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India) Bank for sourcing and servicing arrangement to provide affordable housing and MSME (Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises) loans.
- Which Bank approved USD 231 million (Rs. 1,701 cr) as loan for the construction of the Lower Kopili Hydroelectric Power (LKHEP) plant in Central Assam on December, 2020?
1) World Bank
2) State Bank of Mauritius
3) Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
4) International Monetary Fund
5) Asian Development Bank
Answer-5) Asian Development Bank
On December 19, 2020 The Asian Development Bank (ADB) approved a $231 million (Rs 1, 701 core) loan to construct the Lower Kopili Hydroelectric Power (LKHEP) plant in Central Assam, India. This loan is the 3rd and largest tranche of the $300 million (about Rs 2,200 crore) Assam Power Sector Investment Program that was approved by ADB in 2014. This will finance the community-based disaster recovery efforts and resource management.
- What was the recently launched open ended equity scheme by ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund on December, 2020?
1) ICICI Prudential Financial Services Fund
2) ICICI Prudential Focused 25 Fund
3) ICICI Prudential Business Cycle Fund
4) ICICI Prudential Retirement Savings Fund
5) ICICI Prudential Emerging Bluechip Fund
Answer-3) ICICI Prudential Business Cycle Fund
On December 21, 2020 ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund launched ‘ICICI Prudential Business Cycle Fund’, an open-ended equity scheme following business cycles based investing theme. The New Fund Offer (NFO) opens on December 29, 2020 and closes on January 12, 2021. The scheme will invest in equity and equity related securities in Indian markets with focus to ride business cycles through dynamic allocation between various sectors and stocks at different stages of business cycles creating long term wealth.
- Which organisation virtually signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) recently with Indian Navy to share information on Ocean services and field expertise on December, 2020?
1) National Centre for Polar and Ocean Research (NCPOR)
2) Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services (INCOIS)
3) Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR)
4) National Institute of Ocean Technology (NIOT)
5) National Institute of Disaster Management (NIDM)
Answer-2) Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services (INCOIS)
On December 18, 2020, a virtual Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between Indian Navy (IN) and Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services (INCOIS) under the administrative control of the Ministry of Earth Sciences, Government of India on sharing of ocean services, data, and expertise in the field of operational oceanography.
- Which organisation recently signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Assam Government to set-up a Project Management Unit (PMU) for development of MSME ecosystem on December, 2020?
1) Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
2) Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI)
3) National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC)
4) NITI Aayog
5) Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
Answer-2) Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI)
On December 19, 2020 The Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI)signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Government of Assam to develop the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) ecosystem in the State. As per the MoU, a Project Management Unit (PMU) will be set up by SIDBI in Assam. This is a part of SIDBI’s initiative to set-up PMU to strengthen the MSME ecosystem in 11 states namely Gujarat, Odisha, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, New Delhi, Haryana, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Andhra Pradesh, and Karnataka.
- Who received the ASSOCHAM Enterprise of the Century Award from PM Narendra Modi on the occasion of 5-day virtual event “ASSOCHAM Foundation Week 2020” celebration on December, 2020?
1) Mukesh Ambani
2) Ratan Tata
3) Anand Mahindra
4) Gautam Adani
5) Lakshmi Mittal
Answer-2) Ratan Tata
The Associated Chambers of Commerce & Industry of India (ASSOCHAM) Foundation Day 2020 was commemorated on December 12, 2020. To mark this occasion, the chamber organized a 5-day virtual event “ASSOCHAM Foundation Week 2020” from 15th to 19th December 2020 on the theme “India’s resilience: Aatmanirbhar roadmap towards a US$5 trillion economy”. During the occasion, Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi delivered the keynote address via video conferencing and also presented “ASSOCHAM Enterprise of the Century Award” to Ratan Tata, who received the award on behalf of the TATA Group.
- Who recently received 1st prize in the Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay Telecom Skill Excellence Awards 2018 that was presented by Union Minister Ravi ShankarPrasad and Sanjay Shamrao Dhotre, Minister of State of Ministry of Communication on December, 2020?
1) Subrat Kar
2) Sreenivas Karanam
3) Aruna Sundararajan
4) Anshu Prakash
5) Smita Sabharwal
Answer-2) Sreenivas Karanam
On December 18, 2020 Ravi ShankarPrasad, Union minister and Sanjay Shamrao Dhotre, Minister of State of Ministry of Communications presented the Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay Telecom Skill Excellence Awards 2018 in Electronics Niketan, CGO Complex, New Delhi, India.
1st Prize– Sreenivas Karanam, Bangalore, Karnataka (Cash award- Rs 50,000)
2nd Prize– Subrat Kar, Professor at Bharti School of Telecommunication Technology and Management and Department of Electrical Engineering, IIT Delhi (Cash award- Rs 30,000).
- What is India’s rank in the EODB 2020 report released by the World Bank on December, 2020?
The World Bank (WB) has released the updated the Ease of Doing Business(EODB) 2018 & EODB 2020 reports after correcting the data irregularities submitted by 4 countries – China, United Arab Emirates (UAE), Saudi Arabia & Azerbaijan. India Ranked 63 in the 17th edition of WB report ‘Ease of Doing Business 2020-Comparing Business Regulation in 190 Economies’ report remains unchanged.
- Which country’s Navy will join with NATO members for its 1st joint drill with NATO members in the last 10 years?
Russian navy will join a military exercise in 2021 that will become its first joint drill with NATO countries in 10 years. A total of 30 countries will take part in the drills, with 10 engaging their fleets and the rest sending observers. The last time Russia’s navy participated in drills with NATO warships was in 2011 during the Bold Monarch exercise off the coast of Spain.
- Where is Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Missile Complex located, in which India’s first advanced Hypersonic Wind Tunnel (HWT) test facility was inaugurated by Defence Minister Rajnath Singh?
5) New Delhi
On December 19-20, 2020, Union Minister Rajnath Singh, Ministry of Defence (MoD) visited Defence Research and Development Organisation’s (DRDO’s) Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Missile Complex in Hyderabad, Telangana. He was accompanied by Union Minister of State (MoS) Gangapuram Kishan Reddy, Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) and G Satheesh Reddy, DRDO Chairman. With this, India becomes the 3rd country to have such a large facility in terms of size and operating capability after the USA (United States of America) and Russia. Rajnath Singh inaugurated India’s first advanced Hypersonic Wind Tunnel (HWT) test facility.
- Which one of the sport is NOT among the 4 Indigenous Games that were recently added to be a part of 4th Edition Khelo India Youth Games (KIYG) in 2021 at Panchkula, Haryana?
4) Varma kalai
Answer-4) Varma kalai
Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports has approved the inclusion of 4 Indigenous Games – Gatka, Kalaripayattu, Thang-Ta and Mallakhamba as part of 4th Edition Khelo India Youth Games (KIYG) in 2021 set to take place at Panchkula, Haryana. The inclusion will help in preservation, promotion and popularization of these games. Along with the 4 games, Yogasana will also be a part of the Khelo India Youth Games 2021.
- How many gold medals did Indian Boxers bag at the Cologne Boxing World Cup 2020 in Germany, to end up at 2nd position in the total medal tally?
Indian Boxers bagged 9 Medals – 3 Gold, 2 Silver & 4 Bronze at the Cologne Boxing World Cup 2020 held from December 16-20 at Cologne, Germany. India finished 2nd in the overall Medals List, Germany topped the list with 16 medals. The Cologne Boxing World Cup 2020 was hosted by the European Boxing Confederation (EUBC).List of Indian Winners:
Winners Medal Category Amit Panghal Gold 52 kg, Men’s Category Manisha Moun Gold 57 Kg, Women’s Category Simranjit Kaur Gold 60 Kg, Women’s Category Sakshi Chaudhary Silver 57 Kg, Women’s Category Satish Kumar Silver +91 Kg, Men’s Category Sonia Lather Bronze 57 Kg Women’s Category Pooja Rani Bronze 75 Kg Women’s Category Gaurav Solanki Bronze 57 Kg Men’s Category Mohamed Hussamudin Bronze 57 Kg Men’s Category
- Which Indian bowler recently announced retirement from all forms of Cricket on December, 2020?
1) Vijaykumar Yo Mahesh
2) Narayan Jagadeesan
3) Karn Sharma
4) Abhinav Mukund
5) Parthiv Patel
Answer-1) Vijaykumar Yo Mahesh
On December 20, 2020 Vijaykumar Yo Mahesh, who played for TamilNadu and Chennai Super Kings(CSK) announced retirement from all forms of cricket. The right-arm medium-fast bowler(seamer) has also played for Delhi Daredevils.
- When was the United Nations(UN)’s International Human Solidarity Day celebrated annually?
1) 18th December
2) 15th December
3) 12th December
4) 21st December
5) 20th December
Answer-5) 20th December
United Nations(UN)’s International Human Solidarity Day is annually observed across the globe on 20th December to celebrate the unity in diversity across the world. The day creates public awareness and reminds the governments to honour their commitment to international agreements. The International Human solidarity Day has been observed since 2006. The UN Women’s slogan “HeForShe” is used for the worldwide solidarity movement for gender equality.
- Lieutenant Governor of J&K launched the web application ‘Electronic Vaccine Intelligence Network’ (eVIN) for managing Covid-19 vaccine flow and distribution across Jammu & Kashmir.Who is Lieutenant Governor of J&K?
1) Phagu Chauhan
2) Baby Rani Maurya
3) Ganeshi Lal
4) Manoj Sinha
5) Biswa Bhusan Harichandan
Answer-4) Manoj Sinha
In a bid to rationalise Covid-19 vaccine flow and distribution across Jammu and Kashmir, Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha launched the ‘Electronic Vaccine Intelligence Network’ (eVIN). eVIN is a web-based system consists of mobile and web-based application for cold chain handlers which embraces technology to effectively manage real-time stock inventory, maintenance of temperature at all levels of cold chain hence maintaining the potency of the vaccines.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Which Wildlife Sanctuary contains Dajipur Sanctuary, Maharashtra as a part of it?
1) Bor Wildlife Sanctuary
2) Great Indian Bustard Wildlife Sanctuary
3) Koyana Wildlife Sanctuary
4) Melghat Wildlife Sanctuary
5) Radhanagar Wildlife Sanctuary
Answer-5) Radhanagar Wildlife Sanctuary
Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray announced that 25 crore rupees will be provided in the first phase for the development of Dajipur Sanctuary, which is part of the Radhanagari Wildlife Sanctuary in Kolhapur district.
- Where is Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium located?
3) New Delhi
Answer-3) New Delhi
In a bid to popularise the sport of Squash, the Government of India has sanctioned the construction of six new courts at the Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium in New Delhi. The venue, which had hosted the inaugural Asian Games in 1951, is known for its hockey facility and now squash will be part of the complex.
- Who was the First Lieutenant Governor of the newly formed Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir?
1) Satya Pal Malik
2) Girish Chandra Murmu
3) Bhagat Singh Koshyari
4) Manoj Sinha
5) Tathagata Roy
Answer-2) Girish Chandra Murmu
Girish Chandra Murmu, was appointed by the President of India as the Lieutenant Governor of the newly formed Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir.
- When was Asian Development Bank (ADB) established?
Asian Development Bank (ADB) was formed in 1966 with headquarters at Mandaluyong, Manila, Philippines.
- Which Constituency did Defence Minister Rajnath Singh represented in the Lok Sabha elections 2019?
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh represented Lucknow Constituency in the Lok Sabha elections 2019.