AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 21 January 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Which Organisation partnered with the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY) (in January 2021) to set up the World’s 1st Quantum Computing Applications Lab in India?
1) Tata Communications
2) Amazon Web Services
3) Tata Consultancy Services
5) Microsoft AzureAnswer-2) Amazon Web Services
The Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY) has partnered with Amazon Web Services (AWS) to set up a Quantum Computing Applications Lab in the Country. The lab will be the World’s 1st Quantum Computing Applications Lab to support a National Government’s Mission. Amazon has partnered with Startup India, Sequoia Capital India & Fireside Ventures to launch an Accelerator programme namely ‘Amazon Global Selling Propel (AGSP)’ to help early-stage startups to take their products to Global Audiences.
- Which state government renamed Gorewada International Zoo as “Balasaheb Thackeray Gorewada International Zoological Park”?
1) Tamil Nadu
5) ChhattisgarhAnswer-4) Maharashtra
On January 18, 2021 Maharashtra Government renamed Gorewada International Zoo as “Balasaheb Thackeray Gorewada International Zoological Park”, in memory of Balasaheb Thackeray, an Indian politician. This zoological park is situated in Nagpur, Maharashtra and covers about 2,000 hectares of the forest land. Balasaheb Thackeray founded Shiv Sena in 1966, a right-wing Marathi regional political party in India.
- Where was the 42nd Kokborok Day celebrated?
5) Madhya PradeshAnswer-1) Tripura
On January 19, 2021, Tripura observed the 42nd Kokborok Day to recognise declaration of Kokborok as an official language of the state of Tripura, India by the state government in the year 1979. Kokborok is the Sino-Tibetan native language of the Borok (Tripura) people of Tripura and neighbouring areas of Bangladesh.
- Which country/countries virtually participated with India (in January 2021) for the 1st time to discuss Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) issues?
2) European Union
5) Both 3 & 4Answer-2) European Union
On January 19, 2021, the 1st India-EU IPR dialogue 2021 was held virtually between European Union (EU) Commission and Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) to discuss key Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) issues affecting businesses. Indian side gave a general review on the IPR developments inclined with National IPR policy 2016 which resulted in legislative reforms to stimulate innovation and creativity among start-ups and MSMEs.
- Which state government announced ‘Mukhyamantri Bagayat Vikas Mission’ to accelerate agriculture, horticulture and promote farming of herbal plants in the state?
5) Madhya PradeshAnswer-4) Gujarat
On January 19, 2021, the state government of Gujarat is all set for the formation of ‘Mukhyamantri Bagayat Vikas Mission’ or ‘Horticulture Development Mission’ to accelerate agriculture, horticulture and promote farming of herbal plants in the state. It aims to double the income of farmers engaged in medicinal and horticulture farming. Under this mission, the waste land of the government (around 20000 hectare) will be given on 30-year lease for farming of horticulture and medicinal crops. –A tax on land conversion will be waived off.
- RBI released the 2020 list of Domestic Systemically Important Banks (D-SIBs) that included SBI, ICICI & HDFC Banks in the list. What should be the bank’s asset to be listed as D-SIB?
1) Greater than 100 Crore
2) More than 200 Crore
3) Maintain a turnover of 200 Crore for 3 consecutive years
4) Equal to 5 % of GDP
5) Greater than 2% of GDPAnswer-5) Greater than 2% of GDP
On January 19, 2021, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) released the 2020 list of Domestic Systemically Important Banks (D-SIBs) on the basis of data collected from banks as on March 31, 2020. As per the list SBI (State Bank of India), ICICI (Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India), and HDFC (Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited) continue to be D-SIBs or institutions which are ‘too big to fail (TBTF)’. The assets of the bank exceeding 2% of GDP (Gross Domestic Product) are considered part of this group.
- Which payment company launched Digital Acceleration for Small Businesses Microsite (in Jan 2021) across most of its Asia Pacific websites?
5) American ExpressAnswer-4) MasterCard
On January 18, 2021 Mastercard launched Digital Acceleration for Small Businesses Microsite across most of its Asia Pacific websites. The one-stop resource site provides information and resources for Small and Medium Enterprises(SMEs) to digitize and operate their business more efficiently. Mastercard has partnered with Wix and Zoho to enhance the resources for SMEs. The center has been launched throughout the Mastercard’s English-language websites for Singapore, Malaysia, the Philippines, Thailand, Hong Kong, India and Southeast Asia.
- Who was temporarily appointed as the Union Minister of State(MoS) for the Ministry of AYUSH, in January 2021?
1) Pralhad Joshi
2) Dharmendra Pradhan
3) Shripad Yesso Naik
4) Piyush Goyal
5) Kiren RijijuAnswer-5) Kiren Rijiju
On January 19, 2021 President Ram Nath Kovind, as advised by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, temporarily appointed Union Minister of State(MoS) Kiren Rijiju with additional charge of the Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy (AYUSH) following the hospitalisation and treatment of Shripad Yesso Naik. Kiren Rijiju is currently serving as MoS (Independent Charge-I/C) of Youth Affairs and Sports and MoS of Minority Affairs.
- Who was the 1st Recipient of Mullagh Medal?
1) Steve Smith
2) Virat Kohli
3) MS Dhoni
4) Ajinkya Rahane
5) Pat CumminsAnswer-4) Ajinkya Rahane
India’s Stand-in Captain Ajinkya Rahane became the 1st Recipient of Mullagh Medal after he won Man of the Match at the Boxing Day Test held at MCG. Mullagh is the name of former Australian Cricket Team Captain Johnny Mullagh, He was the 1st cricketer who captained the 1868 Aboriginal Cricket Tour of England. Cricket Australia had earlier announced that the Player of the match of the Boxing Day Test will be awarded the Mullagh Medal. Boxing Day Test is a Test Match held annually at the MCG, Australia on 26th December. It involves the Australian Cricket Team and the Touring Team.
- Who became the new World Record holder (in Jan 2021) for dismissing the most number of Left-handed batsmen in Tests?
1) Moeen Ali
2) Ravichandran Ashwin
3) Ravindra Jadeja
4) Nathan Lyon
5) Rashid KhanAnswer-2) Ravichandran Ashwin
During the Border- Gavaskar Test series, Ravichandran Ashwin set a new World Record for dismissing the most number of Left-handed batsmen in Tests: 192. With this, he surpassed Muttiah Muralitharan’s World record of dismissing 191 left-handers in Tests.