AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 20 August 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Name the telecom company that was partnered (in Aug’ 21) by Universal Service Obligation Fund (USOF) to give high speed internet access to North-Eastern Region.
Universal Service Obligation Fund (USOF) signed an agreement with Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) for hiring of 10 Gbps International Bandwidth for Internet Connectivity in Agartala from Bangladesh Submarine Cable Company Limited (BSCCL).
i. This will provide high speed internet connectivity to the North Eastern Region.
- Identify the country that signed the ‘Joint Guidance Document’ (in Aug’ 21) with India to boost Naval Ties.
3) Sri Lanka
5) South Africa
A ‘Joint Guidance for the Australia-India Navy to Navy Relationship’ document was signed between India and Australia during a virtual ceremony as a result of ‘2020 Comprehensive Strategic Partnership (CSP)’
i. Mutual Logistics Support Agreement (MLSA) which allows militaries of the two countries to use each other’s bases was also signed in the ceremony.
- Which Company signed an MoU with the Ministry of Tourism (in Aug ’21) to “strengthen Hospitality companies registered in SAATHI platform”?
1) Mahindra Holidays & Resorts
2) Ibibo Group
4) Both 1 & 2
5) Both 2 & 3
Answer-5) Both 2 & 3
The Ministry of Tourism has signed an MoU with the Indian travel agencies MakeMyTrip India Private Limited and Ibibo Group Private Limited to strengthen the Hospitality and Tourism Industry of India.
i. It will provide extensive visibility to accommodation units on SAATHI (System for Assessment, Awareness & Training for the Hospitality Industry) platform.
- Indian Navy, represented by INS Ranvijay and INS Kora, conducted (in Aug’ 21) a bilateral maritime exercise in South China Sea with which country?
India and Vietnam had conducted a bilateral maritime exercise to build trustworthiness and enhance cooperation in the region of South China Sea. India was represented by INS Ranvijay and INS Kora.
- As per the 2nd Edition of ‘Global Crypto Adoption Index 2021’, India was ranked _____________while ____________topped the list.
1) 3rd; Vietnam
2) 2nd; Vietnam
3) 2nd; Pakistan
4) 3rd; Venezuela
5) 11th; Venezuela
Answer-2) 2nd; Vietnam
India ranked 2nd while Vietnam topped the 2nd Edition of ‘Global Crypto Adoption Index 2021’.
i. El Salvador became the first country in the world to grant legal tender status to bitcoin.
- Name the organization that launched (in Aug’ 21) ‘Cybersecurity Multi-Donor Trust Fund’ under its Digital Development Partnership umbrella program.
1) International Monetary Fund
2) European Investment Bank
3) World Bank
4) Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
5) Asian Development Bank
Answer-3) World Bank
The World Bank and its partners announce a New Global Fund for Cybersecurity named ‘Cybersecurity Multi-Donor Trust Fund’ under the broader Digital Development Partnership umbrella program.
About World Bank
President – David Malpass
- Name the person who was appointed (in Aug’ 21) as the Brand Ambassador of Neuberg Diagnostics to bring health awareness.
1) MS Dhoni
2) PV Sindhu
3) Virat Kohli
4) Rohit Sharma
5) C. Mirabai
Answer-1) MS Dhoni
India’s fourth largest demonstrative lab chain, Neuberg Diagnostics had appointed Indian Cricketer Mahendra Singh Dhoni (MS Dhoni) as its brand ambassador.
i. Kauvery Group of Hospitals had also signed an agreement with MS Dhoni as their brand ambassador in Chennai.
- Who was declared (in Aug’ 21) as ‘the caretaker President of Afghanistan’ after President Ashraf Ghani fled the Taliban captured country?
1) Isaac Herzog
2) Amrullah Saleh
3) Ebrahim Raisi
4) Mohammad Najibullah
5) Hamid Karzai
Answer-2) Amrullah Saleh
Afghanistan’s 1st Vice President, Amrullah Saleh declared himself as ‘the caretaker President of Afghanistan’ after President Ashraf Ghani fled the country. It is under the control of the Taliban after the U.S led forces left the country.
- The UN’s World Humanitarian Day is annually observed across the globe on which date?
1) 17th August
2) 19th August
3) 18th August
4) 20th August
5) 21th August
Answer-2) 19th August
The UN’s World Humanitarian Day is annually observed across the globe on 19th August to honour and recognize the efforts of Humanitarians across the globe on protecting and supporting the people in need.
i. The First World Humanitarian Day was commemorated on 19th August 2009.
- In August 2021, ____________announced the creation of 4 New Districts and 18 New Tehsil resulting in a total of ___________ districts in the state.
1) Madhya Pradesh; 32
2) Madhya Pradesh; 28
3) Chhattisgarh; 32
4) Chhattisgarh; 28
5) Jharkhand; 28
Answer-3) Chhattisgarh; 32
Chhattisgarh CM, Bhupesh Baghel announced the creation of 4 New Districts and 18 New Tehsil resulting in a total of 32 districts in the state. ‘Minimata Park’, exclusively for women, and ‘Dhanvantari Yojana’, a medicine scheme, were also announced by the CM.