AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 20 April 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- India’s Ministry of _____________ signed an agreement, “Cities Combating Plastic Entering the Marine Environment” with ____________ for technical cooperation in Combating marine pollution.
1) Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Italy
2) Animal Husbandry, Dairying and Fisheries, Germany
3) Housing and Urban Affairs, Germany
4) New and Renewable Energy, France
5) Jal Shakti, France
Answer-3) Housing and Urban Affairs, Germany
Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA), Government of India and Deutsche GIZ GmbH India on behalf of German Federal Ministry of Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety signed an agreement titled “Cities Combating Plastic Entering the Marine Environment” on Technical cooperation over a virtual event in New Delhi.
- In April 2021, the Finance Ministry replaced the Income Tax Settlement Commission with a new dispute resolution system. What is the maximum taxable income that can be resolved through the new system?
1) Rs. 15 lakhs
2) Rs. 25 lakhs
3) Rs. 30 lakhs
4) Rs. 50 lakhs
5) Rs. 5 lakhs
Answer- 4) Rs. 50 lakhs
In April 2021, the finance ministry notified the rules for winding up of the Settlement Commission which handled income tax and wealth tax disputes, effective 1 February 2021. It will be replaced by a new dispute resolution system with assessing taxable income up to Rs 50 lakh and disputed income of up to Rs 10 lakh.
- India was ranked ______ in the ‘Inclusive Internet Index 2021’ released by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) in partnership with __________.
1) 52nd, Google
2) 52nd, Facebook
3) 52nd, Amazon
4) 49th, Google
5) 49th, Facebook
Answer- 5) 49th, Facebook
India has been ranked 49th out of 120 countries in the ‘Inclusive Internet Index 2021’ released by Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) in partnership with Facebook. India shares its rank with Thailand.
Top 3 countries – Sweden, United States, Spain
India Ranked at 52nd Position in 2020
4 Parameters measured – Availability, Affordability, Relevance & Readiness
- India along with ___________ conducted the joint military exercise ‘Khanjar’ in ___________.
1) Kyrgyzstan, Bishkek
2) Kazakhstan, Jaipur
3) Kazakhstan, Nur-Sultan
4) Kyrgyzstan, Jaipur
5) Tajikistan, Jaipur
Answer-1) Kyrgyzstan, Bishkek
The 8th Edition of India-Kyrgyzstan Joint Special Force Military Exercise, ‘Khanjar’ was inaugurated on April 16, 2021. The exercise is taking place at the Special Forces Brigade of National Guards of Kyrgyz Republic in Bishkek, Capital of Kyrgyzstan.
President – Sadyr Japarov
Capital – Bishkek
Currency – Kyrgyzstani Som (KGS)
- Which e-payment company partnered with LIC (in Apr’21) for facilitating digital payment services to the customers of LIC?
5) Google Pay
Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) of India has appointed Paytm to carry out its digital transactions. This partnership will satisfy the increasing demand for digital payment.
Paytm will provide an easy payment process, a broader range of payment options, to the customers of LIC.
Chief Executive Officer – Vijay Shekhar Sharma
Headquarters – Noida,Uttar Pradesh
- Which financial institution was appointed (in Apr’21) as the transaction advisor of Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT)?
1) SBI Capital Markets Ltd.
2) Chartered Finance Management Ltd.
3) Deutsche Equities India Pvt. Ltd.
4) Citigroup Global Markets India Pvt. Ltd.
5) Kotak Mahindra Capital Co. Ltd.
Answer-1) SBI Capital Markets Ltd.
Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT) has hired SBI Capital Markets Ltd. (SBI Caps), a subsidiary of State Bank of India (SBI) to act as transaction advisor for the privatization of the J N Port Container Terminal (JNPCT).
JNPT has appointed SBI Caps as the transaction advisor for the PPP project which is estimated to cost Rs.863.31 crores.
- Which organisation recently (in Apr’21) launched a $250 million Sambhav Venture Fund for digitization of India’s small and medium businesses (SMBs), Agriculture, & Healthcare sectors?
Amazon India has organized the 2nd edition of its annual summit called ‘Amazon Sambhav Summit’ virtually from April 15 to 18, 2021. In which Amazon has launched a $250 million Amazon Sambhav Venture Fund to support the digitization of small and medium businesses (SMBs), Agriculture, and Healthcare in India.
It also launched ‘Spotlight North East’, to bring 50,000 artisans, weavers, and small businesses, online from the 8 North-East states of India by 2025.
It also launched a software solution ‘Amazon Digital Suite’, to support small and medium businesses (SMBs) in India.
- Who along with Alfred Vaino Aho received the 2020 ACM A.M. Turing Award?
1) Jeffrey David Ullman
2) Ravi Sethi
3) John Hopcroft
4) Brian Kernighan
5) Roger Penrose
Answer- 1) Jeffrey David Ullman
The Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) has named Alfred Vaino Aho and Jeffrey David Ullman as the recipients of the 2020 ACM A.M. Turing Award. The award was presented to them for fundamental algorithms and theory on programming language implementation.
- Where was the 34th edition of the Asian Wrestling Championships held?
1) Tashkent, Uzbekistan
2) Bangkok, Thailand
3) Almaty, Kazakhstan
4) Phnom Penh, Cambodia
5) New Delhi, India
Answer-3) Almaty, Kazakhstan
India bagged 14 Medals (5 Gold, 3 Silver, 6 Bronze) in the 2021 Asian Wrestling Championships held at Almaty, Kazakhstan from April 13-18, 2021. It is the 34th edition of the Asian Wrestling Championships.
Iran & Kazakhstan both finished at the Top Position with 17 Medals each.
- Who won Gold Medal in the Men’s 57 Kg Freestyle category during the 34th Asian Wrestling Championships?
1) Deepak Punia
2) Bajrang Punia
3) Yogeshwar Dutt
4) Narsingh Yadav
5) Ravi Kumar Dahiya
Answer-5) Ravi Kumar Dahiya
In the 34th edition of the Asian Wrestling Championships, India Won 5 Gold medals.
i.Sarita Mor won Gold medal in the Women’s 59 Kg Freestyle, She became the 1st Indian Woman to win consecutive gold medals at the Asian Wrestling Championships.
ii.Ravi Kumar Dahiya bagged the Gold medal in the Men’s 57 Kg Freestyle retained his Asian Championship Title.