AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 20 & 21 March 2022 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2022 updates.
Our Current Affairs March 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
Top 10 Questions Based on Current Affairs 20 & 21 March 2022
- In March 2022, the _______ edition of the India-Indonesia Security Dialogue (IISD) was held in Jakarta, Indonesia.
5) 3rdAnswer-3) 2nd
The second India-Indonesia Security Dialogue (IISD) was held in Jakarta, Indonesia. The 2nd IISD was co-chaired by Ajit Doval, National Security Adviser (NSA) of India and Mohammad Mahfud, Coordinating Minister for Political, Legal and Security Affairs of Indonesia.
i. Both the countries have signed an MoU for Security Dialogue between the Coordinating Ministry for Political, Legal, and Security Affairs of Indonesia and the National Security Council Secretariat of India
- Rajnath Singh, Union Defence minister recently (in March’22) inaugurated a new Flight Control System (FCS) integration complex in Bengaluru Karnataka.
FCS Integration building was constructed by which of the following companies?
1) Defence Research and Development Organisation
2) Larsen & Toubro
4) Both 1 & 2
5) Both 2 & 3Answer- 4) Both 1 & 2
The Union Defence minister, Rajnath Singh inaugurated a new Flight Control System (FCS) integration complex at the Aeronautical Development Establishment (ADE), Bengaluru Karnataka.
i. The seven-storey FCS Integration building was constructed by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) with the help of Larsen & Toubro (L&T) in an area of 1.3 lakh square feet with a record of 45 days in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- Name the company that recently (in March’22) signed a tripartite agreement with Eker Group of Norway and Vaan Moto of Kerala to produce speed boats.
1) Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers Ltd
2) Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Ltd
3) Hindustan Shipyard Ltd
4) Cochin Shipyard Ltd
5) Goa Shipyard LtdAnswer-3) Hindustan Shipyard Ltd
Hindustan Shipyard Limited (HSL) has signed a tripartite agreement to produce speed boats with Eker Group of Norway and Vaan Moto of Kerala in order to explore new opportunities in the field of high-speed boat production and accelerate business growth.
i. The trio has entered into this Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to build speed boats in India as part of India’s AtmaNirbhar Bharat initiative, which aims to make the country self-sufficient.
ii. Under this MoU, high-end boats are to be built with smart, flexible solutions with superior maneuverability that can be operated from the shore up to a maximum speed of 75 knots with four crew and four passengers and is equipped with navigation and communication gadgets.
- Which institute recently (in March’22) signed an MoU with the National Mineral Development Corporation (NMDC) for Drone-Based Mineral Exploration?
1) IIT Madras
2) IIT Kharagpur
3) IIT Hyderabad
4) IIT Indore
5) IIT RoorkeeAnswer- 2) IIT Kharagpur
India’s largest iron ore manufacturer National Mineral Development Corporation (NMDC) Limited has inked an MoU for Drone-Based Mineral Exploration with Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur.
i. This partnership will produce spectral products, methodologies, and algorithms for mining exploration employing drones (UAVs), which will lead to the development of software spectral tools for mineral excavation and mining technology capacity-building programmes.
ii. With this collaboration, NMDC will become India’s first Central Public Sector Enterprise (CPSE) to perform Drone-based Geophysical Surveys and Hyperspectral Studies for Mineral Exploration, setting a new standard in the field of mineral exploration.
- As per the 10th United Nations’ World Happiness Report 2022, India secured the _______ rank, while _____________ tops the index as the happiest country in the world for the 5th consecutive year.
1) 124; Denmark
2) 136; Finland
3) 124; Iceland
4) 139; Denmark
5) 136; IcelandAnswer-2) 136; Finland
As per the 10th United Nations’ World Happiness Report 2022, India’s rank has been improved by 3 spots to 136 out of 146 countries from 139 in 2021 with a score of 3.777.
For the 5th year in a row, Finland continues to occupy the top spot being the happiest country in the world. The top 5 rankings were occupied by Finland, Denmark, Iceland, Switzerland and the Netherlands.
i. Afghanistan was ranked as the unhappiest nation, followed by Lebanon, Zimbabwe, Rwanda and Botswana.
ii. Bhutan was not included in the world happiness report 2022
- In March 2022, Moody’s Investors Service’s Global Macro Outlook 2022-23 report decreased India’s GDP growth forecast to______ from an earlier projection of 9.5% for FY 22
5) 9.0%Answer-3) 9.1%
As per the Global Macro Outlook 2022-23 report of Moody’s Investors Service, it has lowered India’s GDP (Gross Domestic Product) growth forecast for 2022 by 0.4 percent to 9.1% from its earlier projection of 9.5%.
The growth forecast for 2023 was also lowered to 5.4% from the prior estimation of 5.5%.
- Who recently (in March’22) won the 70th edition of Miss World 2021 pageant held in San Juan, Puerto Rico?
1) Karolina Bielawska (Poland)
2) Carla Yules (Indonesia)
3) Emmy Pena (Dominican Republic)
4) Toni-Ann Singh (Jamaica)
5) Shree Saini (USA)Answer-1) Karolina Bielawska (Poland)
Karolina Bielawska from Poland has won the 70th edition of the Miss World (Miss World 2021) pageant that was held in Coca-Cola Music Hall, San Juan, Puerto Rico.
i. She is the 2nd woman from Poland to win the Miss World Title.
ii. Indian-American Shree Saini who represented the United States of America(USA) in the pageant, is the 1st runner up at the Miss World 2021 followed by Olivia Yace of Côte d’Ivoire, 2nd runner up.
- In March 2022, _________ became the first African to win the Pritzker Architecture Prize in 2022.
1) Frei Otto
2) Arata Isozaki
3) Diebedo Francis Kere
4) Alejandro Aravena
5) Jean-Philippe VassalAnswer-3) Diebedo Francis Kere
Diebedo Francis Kere, An architect from Burkina Faso, West Africa has won the Pritzker Architecture Prize 2022. He is the 51st Laureate of the Pritzker Architecture Prize. It’s a most prestigious honour in the field of architecture. He is the first African to win the Pritzker Architecture Prize.
- Name the bank that recently (in March’22) won the ASSOCHAM Award for Best MSME Bank of the Year in the Private Sector Banks Category at the 8th MSMEs Excellence Awards Ceremony and Summit.
1) RBL Bank
2) Karnataka Bank
3) South Indian Bank
4) Karur Vysya Bank
5) ICICI BankAnswer-2) Karnataka Bank
Karnataka Bank has been honoured with ASSOCHAM Award Best MSME Bank of the Year (Private Category) award among the Private Sector Banks at the 8th MSMEs Excellence Awards Ceremony and Summit, instituted by The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM) – the apex trade body, at New Delhi, Delhi.
Other Major Award winners:
Category Winners Best MSME Bank of the Year (PSU Category) Punjab National Bank Best Technology Enabler of the Year Karur Vysya Bank Ltd Excellent Services of the Year Satya MicroCapital Ltd
- In March 2022, ________ acquired a 5% stake and Punjab & Sind Bank acquired a ______ stake in National Asset Reconstruction Company Limited (NARCL).
1) Axis Bank; 6%
2) HDFC Bank; 2%
3) ICICI Bank; 4%
4) HDFC Bank; 6%
5) ICICI Bank; 2%Answer-5) ICICI Bank; 2%
ICICI Bank and Punjab & Sind Bank have signed agreements to pick up stakes in National Asset Reconstruction Company Limited (NARCL).
i. ICICI Bank will be investing Rs 137.5 crore to acquire a 5% stake,and Punjab & Sind Bank will put in Rs 55 crore for a 2% stake.
ii. The equity investment will be done in tranches, and the 1st investment of Rs 28.18 crore is expected to be completed by 31st March 2022
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification