AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 2 September 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Name the world’s largest & tallest observation wheel that is set to open in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (in Oct’ 21).
1) Bin Dubai
2) Ain Dubai
3) Win Dubai
4) Go Dubai
5) Wheel DubaiAnswer- 2) Ain Dubai
The World’s largest and tallest observation wheel named ‘Ain Dubai’ is set to be opened in Dubai, United Arab Emirates on 21st October 2021. The ‘Ain Dubai’ is located at Bluewaters Island.
i. The Ain Dubai is around 2 times taller than the London Eye, which will take the visitors to a height of 250 meters.
- Which Fin-Tech company partnered with Retailers Association’s Skill Council of India (RASCI) (in Sept’ 21) to launch “NeoDukaan” – a digital store management tool?
5) Bill DeskAnswer-4) PayNearby
PayNearby had partnered with Retailers Association’s Skill Council of India (RASCI) to launch ‘PayNearbyNeoDukaan’, first-of-its-kind holistic store management tool, for the digital empowerment of its retail partners and retail stores.
- Which bank recently (in Sept’ 21) partnered with BharatPe to act as the acquiring bank for BharatPe’s point of sale business – ‘BharatSwipe’?
1) IndusInd Bank
2) Axis Bank
3) HDFC Bank
4) Kotak Mahindra Bank
5) ICICI BankAnswer-2) Axis Bank
BharatPe and Axis Bank entered into a strategic partnership, as per which Axis Bank will act as the acquiring bank for BharatPe’s point of sale (PoS) business ‘BharatSwipe’ & provide acceptance of debit and credit cards for merchants.
i. BharatSwipe: It was launched by BharatPe in 2020 as India’s 1st zero rental and zero Merchant Discount Rate (MDR) POS machine.
- How much loan was given by EXIM Bank (in Sept’ 21) to the Africa Finance Corporation for its revival from the impact of COVID-19?
1) USD 100 Million
2) USD 200 Million
3) USD 300 Million
4) USD 400 Million
5) USD 500 MillionAnswer-1) USD 100 Million
The Export-Import Bank of India (Exim Bank) had extended a line of credit of USD 100 million on behalf of the Indian government to the Africa Finance Corporation for 10 years. It will revive the economy in Africa that was impacted due to covid-19.
About Export-Import Bank of India:
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Right-arm fast bowler Dale Willem Steyn recently (in Sept’ 21) announced his retirement from all forms of Cricket. He hails from which country?
2) South Africa
5) AustraliaAnswer-2) South Africa
South African Cricketer & Right-arm fast bowler, Dale Willem Steyn had announced his retirement from all forms of Cricket (ODIs, T20Is). He had retired from Test cricket in 2019.
About International Cricket Council (ICC):
Chairman – Greg Barclay
Headquarters – Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Who became the first Indian to be a part of NBA title winning team ‘Sacramento Kings’?
1) Satnam Singh
2) Amritpal Singh
3) Ajmer SIngh
4) Princepal Singh
5) Amjyot SinghAnswer-4) Princepal Singh
Princepal Singh Bajwa from Punjab became the first Indian to be part of an NBA title winning team when his team Sacramento Kings won the 2021 NBA Summer League in Las Vegas against the Boston Celtics.
- When was the first-ever ‘International Day for the people of African Descent’ observed by the United Nations across the globe?
1) 29th August 2021
2) 30th August 2021
3) 31st August 2021
4) 1st September 2021
5) 2nd September 2021Answer-3) 31st August 2021
The UN’s first-ever ‘International Day for the people of African Descent’ was observed across the globe on 31st August 2021. 31st August marks the end date of the first International Convention of the Negro Peoples of the World 1920.
i. Costa Rica led the efforts to establish the International Day for People of African Descent.
- Identify the person who was appointed (in Sept’ 21) as the brand ambassador of the ‘Beti Bachao Beti Padhao’ project in Rajasthan.
1) Mirabai Chanu
2) P. V. Sindhu
3) Deepa Malik
4) Karamjyoti Dalal
5) Avani LakheraAnswer-5) Avani Lakhera
Rajasthan nominated Gold Medalist of Tokyo Paralympics, shooter Avani Lakhera as the brand ambassador of the ‘Beti Bachao and Beti Padhao’ project in Women and Child Development. She made a world record equalling a total of 249.6 points which is a new paralympic record.
- Which State/UT launched ‘Save Water to Get Free Water’ scheme to give free water upto 16000 litres to people?
3) Arunachal Pradesh
5) TelanganaAnswer- 1) Goa
CM of Goa, Pramod Sawant launched ‘Save Water to Get Free Water’ scheme under which state households will not be charged for water consumption up to 16,000 litres. Goa became the 1st Indian state to give Free Water.
- In September 2021, Ladakh declared _________ as its state animal and _________ as its state bird.
1) Snow leopard; Black-necked crane
2) Kashmir stag; Black-necked crane
3) Snow leopard; Northern goshawk
4) Kashmir stag; Northern goshawk
5) Barasingha; Sarus CraneAnswer-1) Snow leopard; Black-necked crane
The government of UT of Ladakh had declared ‘Snow leopard’ (Panther unica) as its state animal and ‘Black-necked crane’ (Grus nigricollis) as its state bird.
i. Earlier Jammu and Kashmir had the Black-necked crane and Kashmir stag (Hangul) as its state bird and animal.