AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 2 October 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Which organization recently (in Oct’ 21) collaborated with the Ministry of Labour and Employment to launch a digital skill initiative called ‘DigiSaksham’?
1) Oracle India
4) Microsoft India
Answer-4) Microsoft India
To support youth from rural and semi-urban areas, Union Minister Bhupender Yadav, Ministry of Labour and Employment (MoL&E) launched DigiSaksham in collaboration with Microsoft India.
i. Microsoft India has also roped in Aga Khan Rural Support Programme-India and its knowledge partner TMI e2E Academy for rolling out this initiative.
- Which country recently (in Sept’ 21) signed the ‘Terms of Reference’ with the Indian Navy to conduct first of its kind Navy to Navy talks?
The Indian Navy signed the ‘Terms of Reference’ (ToR) with the Royal Australian Navy to conduct Navy to Navy (N2N) talks under the framework of the ‘Joint Guidance for the India – Australia Navy to Navy Relationship’ document signed by the Navies.
PM – Scott Morrison
Capital – Canberra
- Which organization recently (in Oct’ 21) set up an expert panel headed by ‘C K Mishra’ to develop a world-class sustainable Finance Hub?
1) British Columbia Securities Commission (BCSC)
2) Financial Services and Markets Authority (FSMA)
3) Financial Market Authority (FMA)
4) International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA)
5) British Virgin Islands Financial Services Commission (BVIFSC)
Answer-4) International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA)
The International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA) set up an expert panel headed by former Environment and Forest Secretary C K Mishra to suggest a framework to develop a world-class sustainable finance hub at GIFT-IFSC, Gujarat.
- Which Bank recently (in Oct’ 21) signed a co-lending partnership with ‘Indel Money’ to offer gold loans at competitive rates?
1) State Bank of India
2) Kotak Mahindra Bank
3) Federal Bank
4) Dhanlaxmi Bank
5) IndusInd Bank
Answer-5) IndusInd Bank
IndusInd Bank signed a co-lending partnership with a Non-Banking Financial Company (NBFC), ‘Indel Money’ to offer gold loans at competitive rates to its customers, which will be processed by Indel Money on mutually formulated credit parameters and eligibility criteria.
About IndusInd Bank:
MD & CEO– Sumant Kathpalia
Headquarter– Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Name the organization that signed its first Green Term Loan agreement (in Sept’ 21) with Bank of India to develop a 470 MW solar project in Rajasthan and 200 MW solar project in Gujarat.
1) Solar Energy Corporation of India
2) ReNew Power
3) NTPC Renewable Energy
4) Tata Power Solar
5) Azure Power
Answer-3) NTPC Renewable Energy
NTPC Renewable Energy Ltd. signed its first Green Term Loan (GTL) agreement of Rs 500 crores with Bank of India for a period of 15 years. The loan will be used for the development of 470 MW (Mega Watt) solar project in Rajasthan and 200 MW solar project in Gujarat.
i. NTPC Renewable Energy will construct India’s largest single local solar power park of 4.75 GW in Kutch, Gujarat.
- Which Small Finance Bank signed a pact (in Oct’ 21) with the ‘NABARD’ to boost rural development in Rajasthan?
1) AU Small Finance Bank
2) Ujjivan Small Finance Bank
3) Equitas Small Finance Bank
4) Jana Small Finance Bank
5) Fincare Small Finance Bank
Answer-1) AU Small Finance Bank
AU Small Finance Bank signed a pact with the National Bank for Rural and Development (NABARD) to boost ongoing rural development initiatives in Rajasthan.
About AU Small Finance Bank:
MD & CEO: Sanjay Agarwal
Headquarters: Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Which of the following point(s) are correct with respect to the 10th annual ranking report ‘IIFL Wealth Hurun India Rich List 2021’?
A) Mukesh Ambani, the chairman of ‘Reliance Industries’ topped the list for the 10th consecutive year.
B) Neha Narkhede, 3rd generation inheritor of ‘Godrej’ was India’s richest woman, whilst ‘Biotech Queen’ Smita V Crishna, was the richest self-made Indian woman.
C) Shashvat Nakrani of payment App ‘Bharatpe’ is the youngest self-made individual.
1) Both A & B
2) Both A & C
3) Both B & C
4) Only A
5) Only C
Answer-2) Both A & C
Hurun India & IIFL Wealth had jointly released the 10th ranking report ‘IIFL Wealth Hurun India Rich List 2021’.
i. Mukesh Ambani, the chairman of ‘Reliance Industries’ topped the list for the 10th consecutive year.
ii. Smita V Crishna, 3rd generation inheritor of ‘Godrej’ was India’s richest woman, whilst ‘Biotech Queen’ Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw, was the richest self-made Indian woman.
iii. Shashvat Nakrani of payment App ‘Bharatpe’ is the youngest self-made individual.
- Who was recently (in Sept’21) appointed as the first woman Prime Minister of Tunisia?
1) Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
2) Joyce Hilda Banda
3) Ameenah Gurib-Fakim
4) Najla Bouden Romdhane
5) Sahle-Work Zewde
Answer-4) Najla Bouden Romdhane
Tunisia’s President Kais Saied appointed Najla Bouden Romdhane as the first woman Prime Minister of Tunisia. She succeeds Prime Minister Hichem Mechichi who served as the Prime Minister of Tunisia, from 2020 to 2021.
Tunisia, officially the Republic of Tunisia, is the northernmost country in Africa.
Capital – Tunisi
Currency – Tunisian dinar
- Who was recently (in Sept’ 21) appointed as the new MD & CEO of the National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL)?
1) GV Nageswara Rao
2) Partha Pratim Sengupta
3) L V Prabhakar
4) Shanti Lal Jain
5) Padmaja Chunduru
Answer-5) Padmaja Chunduru
Padmaja Chunduru was appointed as the new Managing Director (MD) & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL). Padmaja Chunduru served as the MD and CEO of Indian Bank for 3-year before her term ended in August 2021.
About National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL):
Established – 1996
Headquarter – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Who is the author of the book ‘Pathway to God’?
1) Sarojini Naidu
2) Aurobindo Ghosh
3) Mahatma Gandhi
4) Subhas Chandra Bose
5) Rabindranath Tagore
Answer-3) Mahatma Gandhi
‘Pathway to God’ explores the spiritual roots of Mahatma Gandhi’s career, presenting in his own words his intellectual, moral, and religious approaches to self-realization.