AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 2 July 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Identify the points that are correctly related to the recent (July’21) approvals made by the Union Cabinet:
A) The last date for registration of Atma Nirbhar Rojgar Yojana (ABRY), which is implemented by EPFO, is extended till 31st March, 2022
B) Cabinet approved the revised strategy for implementing BharatNet – optical fibre connectivity to 16 states through Public Private Partnership
C) India will sign an MoU with Gambia to strengthen bilateral cooperation in Personnel Administration and Governance
1) All A, B & C
2) Only A & C
3) Only B
4) Only B & C
5) Only A
Answer-1) All A, B & C
The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi accorded approval for several initiatives.
i.The last date for registration of beneficiaries for availing the benefit under Atma Nirbhar Rojgar Yojana (ABRY) has been extended from 30th June, 2021 to 31st March, 2022.
· Under ABRY, establishments registered with EPFO and their new employees drawing a monthly wage of less than INR 15,000 are being benefited
ii.The cabinet approved the revised implementation strategy of BharatNet through Public Private Partnership mode (PPP) in 16 states of India with optical fibre connectivity
iii.Approved the signing of an MoU between India & Gambia to strengthen bilateral cooperation in Personnel Administration and Governance Reforms.
- _____________ partnered with Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd (NPCIL) for constructing Units 5 & 6 of the Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant (KNPP) in ______________
1) France; Tamil Nadu
2) Germany; Odisha
3) Russia; Tamil Nadu
4) Germany; Maharashtra
5) Russia; Maharashtra
Answer-3) Russia; Tamil Nadu
Rosatom, a Russian State-run Nuclear Energy Corporation & Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd (NPCIL), under the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) have started the construction work on Units 5 & 6 of the Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant (KNPP) in Tamil Nadu.
i.India and Russia’s agreement on nuclear power envisions building as many as 12 nuclear plants by 2035.
ii.Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd (NPCIL) is headquartered at Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Which organisation signed an MoU with Indian Navy (in June’21) to create a joint Technology Incubation Forum (TIF)?
1) Bharat Electronics Limited
3) National Informatics Center
4) Bharat Dynamics
5) Ordnance Factory Board
Answer-1) Bharat Electronics Limited
Indian Navy and Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) signed an MoU at Integrated Headquarters, Ministry of Defence (Navy), New Delhi to create a joint Technology Incubation Forum (TIF).
- Finance Ministry has retained the Interest rates of all ____ Small Savings Schemes for the 2nd quarter(Q2) of FY22 same as Q1, making it the 5th consecutive quarter with unchanged interest rates
The Ministry of Finance, Government of India (GoI) had retained the Interest Rate of Small Savings Scheme for the 2nd quarter(Q2) for the Financial Year 2021-22 (FY22) same as Q1 FY22 due to COVID-19.
It is the 5th consecutive quarter that GoI had unchanged the Interest Rates of the small saving schemes (unchanged since April 1, 2020).
The small savings schemes consist of 12 schemes
- Which organisation will implement the 1st of its kind virtual cyber museum to honour the war heroes of India by the Defence Ministry?
1) Society of Indian Defence Manufacturers
2) Confederation of Indian Industries
3) Ordnance Factory Board
4) Only 1 & 2
5) Only 1 & 3
Answer-4) Only 1 & 2
As part of the 75th Anniversary of India’s Independence, the Ministry of Defence has initiated a project to create the 1st of its kind cyber museum which will honour the war heroes of India. It will be an interactive virtual museum of India’s Gallantry award winners and will be hosted by the Gallantry awards portal.
The project will be implemented in partnership with Society of Indian Defence Manufacturers (SIDM) and Confederation of Indian Industries (CII).
- What is India’s rank in the Global Cybersecurity Index 2020 released by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU)?
In the Global Cybersecurity Index 2020 released by International Telecommunication Union (ITU), India with a score of 97.5 has been ranked 10th (India was placed at the 47th spot in the last edition of GCI in 2018) in the Index, while the list was topped by USA.
Among the Asia-Pacific nations, South Korea & Singapore topped the index, while India was ranked 4th.
- Global GDP lost an estimated $4 trillion due to International Travel restrictions, as per the ‘COVID-19 and Tourism: An Update’, report. Which organisation released the report?
1) UN Conference on Trade and Development
2) International Organization for Migration
3) World Tourism Organisation
4) Both 1 & 3
5) Both 2 & 3
Answer-4) Both 1 & 3
As per the joint report released by the UN (United Nations) Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) and the UN World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO) named ‘COVID-19 and Tourism: An Update’, India has experienced a 54 percent drop in tourist arrivals in 2020 due to COVID-19.
The report has estimated a loss of $4 trillion in terms of global GDP in 2020-21 due to the fall down of international tourism.
- Identify the organisation that (in June’21) announced a USD 500 million loan programme to support India’s informal working class:
1) International Labour Organisation
2) Asian Development Bank
3) International Monetary Fund
4) United Nations Development Programme
5) World Bank
Answer-5) World Bank
3,726.30 crore) loan programme to support India’s informal working class to overcome the COVID-19 distress and to support the states to manage the current pandemic, future climate and disaster shock.
About World Bank:
President – David R. Malpass (13th President)
Headquarters – Washington DC, USA
- Identify the company that got approval from the Competition Commission of India (CCI) to acquire SB Energy Holding Limited for $3.5 billion, thereby making India’s largest acquisition in renewable energy sector
1) ReNew Power
2) TATA Power
3) Adani Green Energy
4) JSW Energy
5) Reliance Power
Answer-3) Adani Green Energy
The Competition Commission of India (CCI) has approved the acquisition of SB Energy Holding Limited by Adani Green Energy Limited for about $3.5 billion, the largest acquisition in the renewable energy sector in India.
CCI has also approved the merger of Tech Data Corporation, a subsidiary of Tiger Parent, with SYNNEX Corporation.
- ___________________ is the theme of 2021’s National Doctor’s Day, which is annually observed across India on 1st July marking the birth anniversary of ___________________.
1) Lessen the mortality of COVID-19; Dr Muthulakshmi Reddy
2) Save the Saviours; Dr Muthulakshmi Reddy
3) Lessen the mortality of COVID-19; Dr Bidhan Chandra Roy
4) Save the Saviours; Dr Bidhan Chandra Roy
5) Save the Saviours; Anandi Gopal Joshi
Answer-4) Save the Saviours; Dr Bidhan Chandra Roy
The National Doctors Day is annually observed across India on 1st July to recognise the efforts and contributions of the doctor’s community to society and the commitment of the doctors towards their profession.
i.The day also marks the birth and death anniversary of Dr Bidhan Chandra Roy, who served as the Chief Minister of West Bengal from 1948 to 1962.
ii.Theme for 2021 – “Save the Saviours”