AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 2 April 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- In March 2021, Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) launched an initiative ‘AIM-PRIME’ that provides training & guidance programs supported by Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. What does ‘E’ stand for in ‘PRIME’?
5) EntrepreneurshipAnswer-5) Entrepreneurship
On March 31, 2021, Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), NITI Aayog launched an initiative called AIM-PRIME (Program for Researchers on Innovations, Market-Readiness & Entrepreneurship) to support startups/incubators by providing training & guidance to them for commercializing their deep-tech ideas.
· Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) will act as the supporting agency for the initiative, while ‘Venture Center’, will be responsible for the implementation of the program.
- Which cities were connected by the cruise ship service recently launched (March 21) by Union Minister Mansuk Mandavia?
1) Surat & Bhavnagar
2) Bhavnagar & Diu
3) Mumbai & Jamnagar
4) Surat & Diu
5) Bhavnagar & MumbaiAnswer-4) Surat & Diu
On 31st March, 2021 Mansukh Mandaviya, Minister of State for Ports, Shipping & Waterways virtually flagged off the Cruise Ship service between Hazira Port of Surat and Diu.
· In November 2020, PM Modi inaugurated a RoPAX service, “Hazira-Ghogha” between Surat & Bhavnagar in Gujarat.
- What is India’s rank in the 15th edition of ‘Global Gender Gap Report 2021’ released by the World Economic Forum?
5) 140Answer-5) 140
India with a score of 0.625 has been ranked 140th out of 156 countries in the 15th edition of the World Economic Forum’s (WEF) ‘Global Gender Gap Report 2021’. Iceland is the most gender-equal country in the world (for the 12th time) followed by Finland & Norway.
· India has slipped 28 places to 140 in 2021 (from 112 in 2020).
· Among the South Asian Countries, Bangladesh was the top performer on the “Gender Gap Index” with a global ranking of 65.
- In March 2021, External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar attended the 9th Heart of Asia-Istanbul Process (HoA-IP) Ministerial Conference. Where was the conference held?
1) Istanbul, Turkey
2) Ashgabat, Turkmenistan
3) Kabul, Afghanistan
4) Tehran, Iran
5) Dushanbe, TajikistanAnswer-5) Dushanbe, Tajikistan
External Affairs Minister (EAM) Dr S Jaishankar reached Dushanbe (Capital of Tajikistan) as part of his official visit to Tajikistan from March 30-31, 2021.
· During the visit, EAM attended the 9th Heart of Asia-Istanbul Process (HoA-IP) Ministerial Conference held at Dushanbe, Tajikistan.
· The Istanbul Process is a regional initiative on ‘security and cooperation for a stable and peaceful Afghanistan’.
· Tajikistan shares a 1, 400 km long border with Afghanistan.
- Which bank(s) partnered with e-commerce major Amazon & Visa cards (in Mar’21) to launch a New Umbrella Entity (NUE) for retail payments?
1) ICICI Bank
2) HDFC Bank
3) Axis Bank
4) Only 1 & 2
5) Only 1 & 3Answer-5) Only 1 & 3
On March 31, 2021, ICICI Bank and Axis Bank, have tied up to launch a New Umbrella Entity (NUE) for retail payments along with global e-commerce major Amazon & Visa as their partners.
· ICICI Bank & Axis Bank will be co-leading with each having a 20% stake (40%) and the other partners including Amazon, Billdesk, Pine Labs and Visa will be holding a stake of 15% each (60%)
· NUEs will be a non-profit entity that will set-up, manage and operate new payment systems, especially in the retail space such as white-labelled ATMs.
- What was the estimated GDP growth for India as per the World Bank’s report, “Sour Asia Economic Focus Spring 2021: South Asia Vaccinates” that was released in March 2021?
5) 13.35%Answer-1) 10.1%
The World Bank reported its South Asia Economic Focus report for the year 2021, titled “Sour Asia Economic Focus Spring 2021: South Asia Vaccinates” that estimates India’s GDP (Gross Domestic Product) to grow by 10.1% in FY-22 due to private consumption and investment growth.
· It also estimated India’s growth to be in the range of 7.5% to 12.5% for the Financial year 2021-22 (FY22).
- Who was appointed as the Chairman and Managing Director of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC), in April 2021?
1) Shashi Shanker
2) Subhash Kumar
3) Mukesh Kumar Surana
4) Shrikant Madhav Vaidya
5) Soma MondalAnswer-2) Subhash Kumar
On March 30,2021 According to the order issued by the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas, Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC)’s Finance Director Subhash Kumar assumed additional charge as Chairman and Managing Director(CMD) due to the retirement of current CMD Shashi Shanker.
- What is the Technology used by the Ministry of Jal Shakti to monitor the implementation of National Jal Jeevan Mission (NJJM)?
1) Artificial Intelligence
2) Satellite Imaging
3) Internet of Things
4) Molecular Nanotechnology
5) Quantum SensingAnswer-3) Internet of Things
The Ministry of Jal Shakti is set to deploy sensor-based IoT (Internet of Things) devices to monitor the implementation of National Jal Jeevan Mission (NJJM) in more than 6 lakh villages.
· For this purpose, NJJM undertook pilot projects in villages of 5 states – Uttarakhand, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Maharashtra & Himachal Pradesh.
- Solar Physicists from ARIES institute in Uttarakhand have developed a new Algorithm called “CIISCO” for detecting & tracking the accelerating solar eruption, which will be deployed in ISRO’s ___________ mission.
5) Chandrayaan-3Answer-4) Aditya-L1
Solar Physicists of ARIES (Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences), Nainital, Uttarakhand have developed a New Algorithm called ‘CIISCO’ (CMEs Identification in Inner Solar Corona) for detecting & tracking the accelerating solar eruption in the lower/inner corona of the Sun.
· The ‘CIISCO’ will be used in ISRO’s Aditya-L1 Mission.
· Aditya-L1 Mission is India’s 1st mission to study the Sun, which is expected to be launched in 2022.
- Which state govt. declared Amboli region in Western Ghats as a Biodiversity Heritage Site for the presence of rare freshwater fish “Schistura Hiranyakeshi” in the region?
5) Tamil NaduAnswer-2) Maharashtra
The State Government of Maharashtra declared Amboli region in Western Ghats in Sindhudurg district as a Biodiversity Heritage Site. This comes at the backdrop of the discovery of a rare colourful freshwater fish species “Schistura Hiranyakeshi” in the region.