AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 19 November 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
- What are the points that are correct with respect to “Cabinet Approval” in November 2021?
A) The Cabinet launched 4G based mobile services in the 200 uncovered villages of 12 Aspirational Districts across 3 States of Assam, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan.
B) CCEA approved the continuation of the Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana up to September 2022 to provide a pucca house for rural families.
C) Cabinet extended the Road Connectivity Project for Left Wing Extremism Affected Areas (RCPLWEA) up to March, 2023.
1) Only A
2) Only B
3) Only C
4) Only A & B
5) All A, B & CAnswer-3) Only C
The Cabinet launched 4G based mobile services in the 7,287 uncovered villages of 44 Aspirational Districts across 5 States of Andhra Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Maharashtra, and Odisha.
i. CCEA approved the continuation of the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY-I) and PMGSY-II up to September 2022 to complete road and bridge works.
ii. Continuation of the Road Connectivity Project for Left Wing Extremism Affected Areas (RCPLWEA) up to March, 2023 approved by CCEA.
- In which City “India’s 1st Laser Interferometer Gravitational- Wave Observatory” (LIGO) project launched?
1) Gurugram, Haryana
2) Patiala, Punjab
3) Jaisalmer, Rajasthan
4) Dhanbad, Jharkhand
5) Hingoli, MaharashtraAnswer-5) Hingoli, Maharashtra
Maharashtra’s Hingoli revenue department allotted 225 hectares of land at Dudhala in Aundha Nagnath town for setting-up India’s 1st Laser Interferometer Gravitational-Wave Observatory (LIGO) project.
- UNESCO celebrated its ___________ anniversary on 12th November 2021 with a special ceremony organised at the UNESCO headquarters in Paris, France.
5) 100thAnswer-2) 75th
The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation(UNESCO) celebrated its 75th anniversary on 12th November 2021 with a special ceremony organised at the UNESCO headquarters in Paris, France.
About United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation(UNESCO): Director-General– Audrey Azoulay
Members– 193 Members and 11 Associate Members
Governed by – The General Conference and The Executive Board
Headquarters– Paris, France.
- Which Country is the “world’s largest recipient of remittances”, according to the World Bank’s report title “Remittance Prices Worldwide Database”?
5) PhilippinesAnswer-4) India
India is the world’s largest recipient of remittances, receiving USD 87 billion in 2021 with the United States being the biggest source, accounting for over 20 % of these funds, according to the ‘World Bank’s Remittance Prices Worldwide Report.
About World Bank:
The World Bank was created at the 1944 Bretton Woods Conference, along with the International Monetary Fund (IMF).
President– David Robert Malpass (13th President)
Headquarters– Washington DC, United States of America.
- Which Organisation got approval from the Reserve Bank of India to set up an Account Aggregator (in Nov’21) to secure the digital access & Data of an individual?
5) NSDLAnswer-5) NSDL
NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Ltd, IT (Information Technology)-enabled services provider, has received in-principle approval from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to set up an Account Aggregator (AA) to empowers an individual with control over their data, & the ability to securely and digitally access and share the same.
About NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Ltd:
Establishment – 1995
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- For How many years the tenure of Director of Enforcement Directorate (ED) S K Mishra was extended in November 2021?
1) 5 Years
2) 3 Years
3) 2 Years
4) 1 Year
5) 6 monthsAnswer-4) 1 Years
The Central Government through the Department of Revenue under the Ministry of Finance extended the tenure of Director of Enforcement Directorate (ED) S K Mishra by 1-year, till 18th November 2022 which was supposed to end on 18th November 2021.
About Enforcement Directorate (ED):
Director-Enforcement – Sanjay Kumar Mishra (IAS)
Parent Agency – Department of Revenue under Ministry of Finance
Established – 1956
Headquarters – New Delhi, Delhi
- ___________ got re-elected to the “Executive Board “of the UNESCO with 164 votes from the Asia-Pacific region for a ____________ term.
1) Vietnam, 2 Years
2) Philippines, 5 Years
3) India, 4 Years
4) Japan, 6 Years
5) China, 1 YearAnswer-3) India, 4 Years
India got re-elected to the Executive Board of the UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) with 164 votes for a 4-year term, starting from 2021-25.
i. The General Conference of UNESCO elects members of the Executive Board.
ii. India was re-elected to Group IV of Asian and Pacific States, where Japan, Philippines, Vietnam, Cook Islands and China also got elected.
- Name the new exoplanet that was discovered by the Physical Research Laboratory (in Nov’21) in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
1) 51 Pegasi b
3) Gliese 581c
5) TOI 1789bAnswer-5) TOI 1789b
The exoplanet search and study group at the Ahmedabad (Gujarat)-based Physical Research Laboratory (PRL) discovered a new exoplanet “TOI 1789b”.
i. The mass of the exoplanet TOI 1789b is 70% and size about 1.4 times that of Jupiter & It was measured using PARAS.
ii. The study was led by Abhijit Chakraborty.
- What are the points that are correct with respect to “Bhumi Samvaad , ULPIN & NGDRS Portal” which was launched by Giriraj Singh, Minister of Panchayati Raj of India?
A) Bhumi Samvaad is a Software developed by the National Informatics Centre (NIC), that digitizes the land record document verification process.
B) Unique Land Parcel Identification Numbers (ULPIN) is Aadhar Number for land, providing a unique ID number to the land based on their Geographic coordinates.
C) National Generic Document Registration System (NGDRS) is a National Workshop on Digital India Land Record Modernisation Programme (DILRMP) at India Habitat Centre in New Delhi.
1) All A, B & C
2) Only A
3) Only B
4) Only C
5) Only A & CAnswer-3) Only B
Bhumi Samvaad is a National Workshop on Digital India Land Record Modernisation Programme (DILRMP) at India Habitat Centre in New Delhi.
i. Unique Land Parcel Identification Numbers (ULPIN) is Aadhar Number for land, providing a unique ID number to the land based on their Geographic coordinates.
ii. National Generic Document Registration System (NGDRS) is a Software developed by the National Informatics Centre (NIC), that digitizes the land record document verification process.
- Who was appointed as the Acting Chief Justice of Madras High Court (in Nov’21)?
1) Munishwar Nath Bhandari
2) Sanjib Banerjee
3) N. V. Ramana
4) M Duraiswamy
5) Prashant Kumar MishraAnswer-4) M Duraiswamy
Justice M Duraiswamy was appointed as the acting Chief Justice of the Madras HC.
i. Justice Sanjib Banerjee, who was the Chief Justice of the Madras HC since January 2021, was appointed as the Chief Justice of Meghalaya HC.
ii. Justice Munishwar Nath Bhandari, transferred from the Allahabad HC to the Madras HC, will become the senior-most judge of the Madras HC.