AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 19 March 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- What is the installed rooftop solar plants aggregate capacity in India (as on the March 13, 2020)?
1) 1207 MW
2) 1922 MW
3) 1423 MW
4) 1783 MW
5) 2152 MW
Answer-2) 1922 MW
Minister of State Independent Charge (IC) of, New & Renewable Energy, (MNRE) and Power, Minister of State of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship Raj Kumar (RK) Singh stated till March 13, 2020, the rooftop solar plants having an aggregate capacity of 1,922 MW are installed in the country.
- How much amount is spent for legal expenses by Armed forces from April 2019 – February 2020 (in Indian rupees)?
1) 17.70 Crores
2) 13.34 Crores
3) 35.88 Crores
4) 42.86 Crores
5) 26.12 Crores
Answer-5) 26.12 Crores
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has informed that a total of Rs 26.12 (26,12,30,810) crore is spent as legal expenses by the Armed Forces (Army, Navy & Air Force) from April 2019- February 2020.
- The Central government has included Konark Sun temple & Statue of Unity in iconic tourism sites list. Where does Konark Sun temple & Statue of Unity located at?
1) Bihar, Gujarat
2) Haryana, Telangana
3) Odisha, Gujarat
4) Punjab, Haryana
5) Odisha, Bihar
Answer-3) Odisha, Gujarat
According to the Union Minister of State (Independent) for tourism and culture, Prahlad Singh Patel, the central government has included grand Konark Sun Temple, the UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) world heritage site in Odisha & Statue of Unity in Gujarat in the Iconic Tourist Sites list, taking the total number of such places from 17 to 19.
- By which year the Banihal to Katra Railway link to be completed (as per Railway minister)?
Union Railway Minister Piyush Goyal announced that Banihal to Katra railway link to be completed by 2022 which is part of the Udhampur- Srinagar-Baramulla rail link project. It is targeted to be completed before the 75th Independence Day of India. This completion will pave the way for the creation of Indian rail from Kanyakumari to Baramulla. The Katra-Banihal railway track is a 111-km long stretch which will link Kashmir Valley with the rest of the country by train.
- Name the Indian state which passed the ‘‘Recovery of Damage to Public Properties Ordinance 2020‘to recover the losses due to damage during violent protests.
2) Madhya Pradesh
3) West Bengal
4) Uttar Pradesh
Answer-4) Uttar Pradesh
The Uttar Pradesh Cabinet headed by Chief Minister Yogi Adithyanath has passed the ‘Recovery of Damage to Public Properties Ordinance 2020‘for recovery of losses due to damage to public property during violent protests.
- Under which scheme the government has sanctioned loan of Rs 20,466.94 crores (upto March 10, 2020) for the empowerment of women?
1) Make in India
2) Accessible India
3) Stand Up India
4) Start Up India
5) Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana
Answer-3) Stand Up India
According to the Minister of State (MoS) for Finance & Corporate Affairs, Shri Anurag Singh Thakur, the central government has sanctioned a loan of Rs 20,466.94 crores to over 91,000 accounts upto March 10,2020 since inception of the Stand Up India scheme, as it counted the work being done for the empowerment of women.
- Name the 1st country in the world which shuts the Financial market due to COVID-19 outbreak.
Philippines become the first country to close its financial markets due to the COVID 19 (Coronavirus) outbreak. It resumed its trading on March 19, 2020. This measure was taken to ensure the safety of their employees and the people they interact with.
- As per RBI’s new guidelines for Payment Aggregators (PAs), what is the minimum net worth required for entities to be set up as PAs (earlier it was 100 crore)?
1) 50 Crore
2) 25 Crore
3) 30 Crore
4) 10 Crore
5) 15 Crore
Answer-5) 15 Crore
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has issued new guidelines for the payment aggregators (PAs) to provide an ease for payments industry players with effect from April 1, 2020. The guidelines are issued under Section 18 read with Section 10(2) of the Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2007. RBI has reduced the minimum capital requirements (MCR) for PAs at the time of application for the licence to Rs 15 crore from Rs 100 crore. However, the net worth needs to be increased to Rs 25 crore within three years of operations. Means the PAs who apply for authorisation on 01/04/2020 they need to achieve Rs 25 cr net-worth by March 31, 2023, and thereafter.
- The RBI has opened a six-month dollar-swap window infusion of Rs. ________ through LTRO (March 2020).
1) 1,00,000 Crore
2) 75,000 Crore
3) 1,50,000 Crore
4) 50,000 Crore
5) 25,000 Crore
Answer-1) 1,00,000 Crore
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has opened a six-month dollar sell-buy swap window and will also inject Rs 1,00,000 crore additional Long Term Repo Operations (LTROs) at the policy repo rate. These measures taken by RBI are to boost liquidity in the foreign exchange market of India and will serve the requirement of U.S. dollars in the market.
- The Global Credit rating agency S&P has lowered India’s growth rate for the year 2020 from 5.7% to ______% due to coronavirus outbreak.
The Standard & Poor’s (S&P) Global Ratings, the world’s leading provider of independent credit ratings, has slashed India’s global economic growth forecast to 5.2 % in 2020 from 5.7 % predicted earlier, saying the global economy is entering a recession due to the spread of infection of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Earlier the Moody’s Investors Service has lowered India’s growth projection to 5.3% for 2020 from 5.4% because of Coronavirus.
- Which Indian Institute signed MoU with L&T technology services for research in cybersecurity programs (March 2020)?
1) IIT Madras
2) IIT Delhi
3) IIT Calcutta
4) IIT Kanpur
5) IIT Bombay
Answer-4) IIT Kanpur
In March 2020, L&T Technology Services (LTTS) signed a multi-year Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (IIT-Kanpur) to collaborate on research industrial and infrastructure cybersecurity.
- Name the person who has been re-appointed as MD&CEO of Bajaj auto Limited for next 5yrs with effect from April 1, 2020.
1) Shekar Bajaj
2) Kamalnayan Bajaj
3) Rajivnayan Rahulkumar Bajaj
4) Ramkrishna Bajaj
5) Jamnalal Bajaj
Answer-3) Rajivnayan Rahulkumar Bajaj
Bajaj Auto Limited, an Indian global two-wheeler & three-wheeler manufacturing company, has approved the re-appointment of Rajivnayan Rahulkumar Bajaj as its Managing Director (MD) and CEO (Chief Executive Officer) for a further period of 5- years with effect from April 1, 2020. His tenure is going to expire on March 31, 2020.
- Adnan al-Zurfi has been appointed as the Prime Minister of which of the following country?
On March 17, 2020, Barham Salih, President of Iraq appoints 54- year- old Adnan al-Zurfi as Prime Minister (PM) of Iraq who has 30 days to form his cabinet in an attempt to resolve a months-long political crisis. He will succeed Mohammed Allawi, the 1st politician named by the president as PM-designate who withdrew his candidacy for the post.
- The President of India nominated former CJI Ranjan Gogoi to Rajya Sabha (RS). Under which article of Indian constitution, the President nominates RS members?
1) Article 79
2) Article 81
3) Article 80
4) Article 78
5) Article 83
Answer-3) Article 80
The President of India RamNath Kovind nominated former CJI Ranjan Gogoi to Rajya Sabha under exercise of the powers conferred by sub-clause (a) of clause (1) of article 80 of the Constitution of India, read with clause (3) of that article to the Council of States and to fill the vacancy caused due to the retirement of one of the nominated members. Ranjan Gogoi will be the successor of K.T.S Tulsi.
- The World Cities summit is going to be held at which among the following cities in the month of July (5-9), 2020.
3) New Delhi
The 7th World Cities Summit (WCS) is to be held from July 5 to 9, 2020 at Sands Expo & Convention Centre, Marina Bay Sands, in Singapore. It is organized by Singapore’s Centre for Liveable Cities and the Urban Redevelopment Authority. The theme for WCS 2020 is” Liveable and Sustainable Cities: Adapting to a Disrupted World”.
- Find the Public Sector Bank of India which has acquired 6.825% of stake in Zero Mass private limited (1st Business Correspondent of the country).
1) Dena Bank
2) Allahabad Bank
3) Punjab National Bank
4) Corporate Bank
5) State Bank of India
Answer-5) State Bank of India
State Bank of India has entered into an agreement on 16 March 2020 to acquire 6.825% (6, 825 equity share) stake in Zero Mass. As part of the deal, the Bank has sold its entire stake in A Little World to the Zero Mass. This is a no cash deal. The Deal will be completed by March 31, 2020. Zero Mass Pvt Ltd was founded by Anurag Gupta on 2007, which is the 1st ever Business Correspondent in the country.
- The scientist of which university developed starch-based ‘hemostat’ material to stop rapid blood loss during accidents?
1) National Botanical Research Institute (NBRI)
2) Institute of Nano Science and Technology (INST)
3) National Chemical Laboratory (NCL)
4) National Institute of Immunology (NII)
5) National Centre for Cell Sciences (NCCS)
Answer-2) Institute of Nano Science and Technology
Scientists from the Institute of Nano Science and Technology (INST), an autonomous institute under the Department of Science & Technology, developed a starch-based ‘hemostat’ material which absorbs excess fluid by concentrating the natural clotting factors in the blood that stops the rapid blood loss.
- Name the person who Authored the book ‘My Encounters in Parliament’.
1) Hamid Ansari
2) D Raja
3) Bhalchandra Mungekar
4) Sitaram Yechury
5) Sharad Pawar
Answer-3) Bhalchandra Mungekar
The book titled “My Encounters in Parliament” authored by Bhalchandra Mungekar an Indian economist, former member of Rajya Sabha.
- Who has written the book “Invincible – A Tribute to Manohar Parrikar”?
1) Tarun Vijay
2) Anil Baluni
3) Mahendra Singh Mahra
4) Jairam Ramesh
5) Shashi Tharoor
Answer-1) Tarun Vijay
The “Invincible – A Tribute to Manohar Parrikar” was authored by Tarun Vijay and released by defence minister Rajnath Singh on 16th March 2020. Recently Union Minister Nitin Gadkari presented the book to President Ram Nath Kovind at the Rashtrapati Bhawan on the first death anniversary of Manohar Parrikar.
- The Global Recycling day is celebrated annually on March 18. What is the Theme for Global Recycling day 2020?
1) Theme: ‘Reduce the Plastic do recycle’
2) Theme: ‘Recycling Heroes’
3) Theme: ‘Recycle & Reproduce’
4) Theme: ‘Recycling into the Future’
5) Theme: ‘3R of Recycling’
Answer-2) Theme: ‘Recycling Heroes’
March 18, 2020 is observed as a third annual Global Recycling Day. This day was first observed on March 18, 2018, by the Bureau of International Recycling (BIR) and celebrated globally every year to raise awareness of the importance of recycling. The Global Recycling Foundation announces “Recycling Heroes” as the theme for third Global Recycling Day.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Shigmo festival was celebrated in which Indian state?
- Which Indian ministry launched the ‘Ganga Aamantran Abhiyan’?
Answer-Jal Shakti Ministry
The National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) recently organised a grand event in the national capital (New Delhi) to mark the conclusion of its flagship programme ‘Ganga Amantran Abhiyan’. The Abhiyan was launched by Jal Shakti Ministry.
- Where is the Headquarters of Bureau of International Recycling (BIR) located at?
- What is the Capital & Currency of Iraq?
Answer-Capital – Baghdad & Currency – Dinar
- Who is the present president of Singapore (March 2020)?
- The ‘R’ in LTRO denotes?
LTRO – Long Term Repo Operations
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/march-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try March Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]