AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 18 September 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Who was appointed (in Sept’ 21) as the Chairperson of the 15-member Expert Committee for reviewing the National Cadet Corps (NCC)?
1) Ajay Bhatt
2) Baijayant Panda
3) Vinay Sahasrabuddhe
4) Ajay Kumar
5) Milind KambleAnswer-2) Baijayant Panda
Ministry of Defence constituted a High Level Expert Committee, under the chairmanship of Baijayant Panda to review the National Cadet Corps (NCC). The committee will be responsible for suggesting measures to empower NCC cadets to contribute more effectively towards national development.
- Name the Report that was discontinued by the World Bank (in Sept’ 21) after finding data irregularities.
1) World Development Report
2) Ease of Doing Business Report
3) World of Work Report
4) Global Financial Stability Report
5) Travel and Tourism Competitiveness ReportAnswer-2) Ease of Doing Business Report
World Bank group announced to discontinue its “Ease of Doing Business” reports after finding data irregularities in countries rankings in 2018 and 2020 reports. The law investigation agency, WilmerHale, has unveiled inconsistencies.
i. India was ranked 63rd in the ‘2020 Ease of Doing Business’ index, which was topped by New Zealand.
- Which Bank recently (in Sept’ 21) collaborated with IISc Bangalore to set up an Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning Centre at IISc campus?
1) ICICI Bank
2) State Bank of India
3) HDFC Bank
4) Kotak Mahindra Bank
5) Yes BankAnswer-4) Kotak Mahindra Bank
Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited & IISc collaborated to set up an Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning ‘’Kotak-IISc AI-ML Centre’’at IISc Bengaluru, Karnataka. It will boost the Research & Development in the field of AI-ML.
About Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited (KBML)-
Established– February 2003
Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Which organization recently (in Sept’ 21) launched the 1st of its kind ‘Loan Against Mutual Funds’ Scheme to offer instant loans against Mutual Funds?
1) Bajaj Finserv
2) India Infoline
3) Tata Capital
4) Muthoot Finance
5) HDB Financial ServicesAnswer-3) Tata Capital
Tata Capital, the financial service wing of Tata Sons, launched a 1st of its kind digital banking scheme called ‘Loan Against Mutual Funds’ (LAMF). The scheme offers instant loans ranging from ₹5 lakhs to ₹2 crores.
About Tata Capital:
MD & CEO – Rajiv Sabharwal
Established – 2007
- Name the Bank that won (in Sept’ 21) 1st prize in ‘Rajbhasha Kirti Puraskar’ for the 4th consecutive time.
1) State Bank of India
2) Punjab National Bank
3) Union Bank of India
4) Canara Bank
5) Bank of BarodaAnswer-2) Punjab National Bank
Punjab National Bank (PNB) won the 1st prize in ‘Rajbhasha Kirti Puraskar’ for 2020-2021 for the 4th consecutive time.
i. Union Bank of India (UBI) won 5 awards – Rajbhasha Kirti Puraskar for excellent implementation of Hindi during the year 2018-19, 2019-20 & 2020-21.
- Who won the ‘Women’s Prize for Fiction 2021’ for his/her 2nd book titled “Piranesi”?
1) Vinod Mehta
2) Prem Prakash
3) O. V. Vijayan
4) Mihir Dalal
5) Susanna ClarkeAnswer-5) Susanna Clarke
British author Susanna Clarke won the Women’s Prize for Fiction 2021 for her 2nd book, a fantasy novel titled “Piranesi”, a mystery about a man living alone in a labyrinthine house.
- In September 2021, __________ was named as the brand ambassador of ‘ASICS’ & Virat Kohli as the brand ambassador of __________ .
1) Joshna Chinappa; TAGG
2) Joshna Chinappa; Hyperice
3) Maria Sharapova; Nike
4) Rohit Sharma; Konami
5) Rohit Sharma; HypericeAnswer-2) Joshna Chinappa; Hyperice
The Japanese Sports equipment company ‘Asics’ announced Indian squash player Joshna Chinappa as its new brand ambassador.
i. A global wellness brand, ‘Hyperice’ announced that Indian cricketer Virat Kohli was appointed as an ‘Athlete Investor’ and brand ambassador.
- Which organization recently (in Sept’ 21) appointed Jim Lanzone, the CEO of Tinder, as its new Chief Executive Officer?
5) OutlookAnswer-3) Yahoo
Yahoo appointed Jim Lanzone, the CEO of Tinder as its new Chief Executive Officer (CEO). Verizon retained a 10% stake in Yahoo.
- Name the Actor who was appointed (in Aug’ 21) as the brand ambassador for ‘Zandu Balm’.
1) Salman Khan
2) Sonu Sood
3) Deepika Padukone
4) Akshay Kumar
5) Alia BhattAnswer-2) Sonu Sood
Emami Ltd’s pain relief brand Zandu Balm appointed Bollywood actor Sonu Sood as its brand ambassador.
- What is the current (in Sep ’21) position of the ‘Indian Women’s Hockey Team’ in the International Hockey Federation rankings?
5) 8thAnswer-5) 8th
‘Indian Women’s Hockey Team’ currently holds 8th position in the International Hockey Federation rankings while Netherland is at the top.