AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 18 September 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Which state cabinet has approved Balasaheb Thackeray road accident insurance scheme for accident victims?
3) Madhya Pradesh
Maharashtra Cabinet approved the implementation of Balasaheb Thackeray Road Accident Insurance Scheme with an annual outlay of Rs 125 crore to provide timely medical and financial aid to the road accident victims during the golden hour i.e. initial 72 hours. In this regard, an expenditure of up to Rs 30,000 will be borne by the State for 74 enlisted medical procedures. The announcement regarding this was made by the state Health Minister Rajeshbhaiyya Tope.
- India has joined the Djibouti Code of Conduct/ Jeddah Amendment (DCOC/JA) as observer recently. What is the Currency of Djibouti?
On the lines of the high level meeting of the Djibouti Code of Conduct/ Jeddah Amendment (DCOC/JA) held virtually on 26 August 2020, India has joined the DCOC/JA Amendment, as Observer in order to collaborate with DCOC/JA member states towards for enhancing maritime security in the Indian Ocean Region (IOR). With this, India joins Japan, Norway, the United Kingdom (UK) and the United States (US) as Observers to the DCOC/JA. The capital and currency of Djibouti are Djibouti & Djiboutian franc (DJF) respectively.
- Which is 1st country in the world to issue 7-year sovereign Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) bond?
Mexico became the first country in the world to inaugurate sustainable financing program for the achievement of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by issuing a seven-year Sovereign SDGs Bond worth USD 890 million under its new “SDG Sovereign Bond Framework” developed with investment bank Natixis, located in Paris, France.
- Which world group has launched a global initiative to reduce land degradation and coral program recently?
4) European Union
The Environment Ministerial Meeting (EMM) of the G20 Countries took place through video conference. The G20 EMM took place as part of the Sherpa Track for the G20 Leaders Summit, it was hosted through a video conference under the Presidency of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The Environment Ministerial Meeting (EMM) of the G20 Countries took place through video conference. The G20 EMM took place as part of the Sherpa Track for the G20 Leaders Summit, it was hosted through a video conference under the Presidency of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Union Minister for Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC), Prakash Javadekar represented India and highlighted the steps taken to protect environment, forest, wildlife, pollution and climate change.
- ‘Arthika Spandana’ is the loan disbursal scheme launched by which state?
4) Tamil Nadu
5) West Bengal
B.S. Yediyurappa, Chief Minister(CM) of Karnataka has launched ‘Arthika Spandana’ programme to disburse loans of Rs 39,300 crore through various cooperative institutions. Under this scheme, Rs 15,300 crore will be disbursed to the agriculture sector and the remaining sum of Rs 24,000 will be earmarked for the non-agricultural sector.
- DBS bank India has launched online credit solutions platform, ‘DBS Digital Business Loans for SMEs’ recently. Where is the HQ of DBS bank located?
2) New Delhi
4) Washington DC
5) None of the Above
DBS Bank India Ltd launched an online credit solutions platform, ‘DBS Digital Business Loans for SMEs’ to provide loans for Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) businesses in a convenient manner with credit facility up to Rs 20 crore. DBS Group: Headquarters– Singapore.
- Name the company which launched “Apna Ghar Dreamz” home loan scheme for skilled labours in Delhi.
1) Religare Housing Development Finance Company
2) Magma Housing Finance Company
3) Aadhar Housing Finance Company
4) Aadhar Housing Finance Company
5) ICICI Home Finance Company
Answer-5) ICICI Home Finance Company
The ICICI Home Finance Company launched “Apna Ghar Dreamz”, its new home loan scheme for skilled laborers like electricians, mechanics, painters, grocery store owners etc in the informal sector of Delhi.
- What is the expected GDP of India in FY21 as per the estimation of Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)?
As per the report ‘OECD (Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development) Interim Economic Assessment Coronavirus: Living with uncertainty’, September 2020 India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) for FY20-21 is projected to contract by 10.2%(-10.2%). The report also projected a sharp sharp bounce back to 10.7% growth in the next fiscal year for India with similar high figures for other countries in 2021.
- Which company has partnered with Common Services Centers (CSC) for digital literacy service chatbot?
WhatsApp has partnered with Common Services Centers (CSC) for a WhatsApp chatbot to empower rural communities by providing digital skills at their doorstep, and to create livelihood through promotion of rural entrepreneurship. WhatsApp chatbot is expected to be used by 10 million beneficiaries by August 2021.
- Find the person who has been honoured with 2020 Asia Game Changer Award by Asia Society.
1) Nitin Sethi
2) Vikas Khanna
3) K P Narayana Kumar
4) Shiv Sahay Singh
5) None of the Above
Answer-2) Vikas Khanna
The Michelin Star Chef Vikas Khanna received the 2020 Asia Game Changer Award from Asia Society, a United States based non-profit organization for feeding millions of people across India amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, by coordinating a food distribution drive from Manhattan. He is the only Indian among the six awardees who were recognized by the Asia Society.
- Hemvati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University (HNBGU) along with which institute jointly organized an International Conference on ‘Aerosol Air Quality, Climate Change and Impact on Water Resources and Livelihoods in the Greater Himalayas’?
1) Birbal Sahni Institute of Palaeobotany, Lucknow
2) Agharkar Research Institute, Pune
3) Centre for Nano and Soft Matter Sciences (CeNS), Bengaluru
4) Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational-Sciences, Nainital
5) Bose Institute, Kolkata
Answer-4) Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational-Sciences, Nainital
Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES), Nainital an autonomous research institute under Department of Science and Technology (DST), Ministry of Science and Technology, and Hemvati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University (HNBGU), a central university in Srinagar, Pauri Garhwal, Uttarakhand jointly organized an International Conference on ‘Aerosol Air Quality, Climate Change and Impact on Water Resources and Livelihoods in the Greater Himalayas’ at ARIES, Nainital from September 14-16, 2020. The International Conference will discuss the effect of Aerosols on the Himalayan Regions in India, Nepal and Bangladesh. The Conference has been organized as part of the celebrations of the Golden Jubilee Commemoration Year of DST. It is the first online international conference to be held at ARIES, Nainital during the Pandemic.
- What is India’s rank in 2020 Human Capital Index (HCI) released by World Bank?
The 2020 Human Capital Index (HCI) is a collaboration between the Human Development Practice Group and the Development Economics Group of the World Bank. World Bank released the report titled “The Human Capital Index 2020 Update: Human Capital in the Time of COVID-19” on September 16, 2020. India has been placed at the 116th position among 174 countries in the Human Capital Index 2020 with score increase to 0.49 from 0.44 in 2018 in comparison to 115 out of 157 countries. The country of Singapore topped the score with 0.88 followed by Hong Kong at 0.81 and Japan at 0.80.Top 3 Countries in HCI:
Rank Country Score 116 India 0.49 1 Singapore 0.88 2 Hongkong and China 0.81 3 Japan 0.8
- Who has authored the book titled, “Azadi: Freedom. Fascism. Fiction”?
1) Salman Rushdie
2) Ruskin Bond
3) Vikram Seth
4) Arundhati Roy
5) Amitav Ghosh
Answer-4) Arundhati Roy
Arundhati Roy’s new book titled “Azadi: Freedom. Fascism. Fiction” is published by Penguin Books Limited. The nonfiction book is a collection of essays that shows the meaning of Freedom in the world of increasing authoritarianism.
- Chanesh Ram Rathiya who passed away recently is the former minister from which state?
1) Madhya Pradesh
Chanesh Ram Rathiya, Veteran Congress leader and former Chhattisgarh minister, passed away at the age of 78 due to COVID-19 at a hospital at Raigarh, Chhattisgarh. He was a prominent leader from the tribal society of north Chhattisgarh.
- P R Krishnakumar who passed away in September 2020 is the Padma Shri awardee in which field?
1) Promotion of education
2) Literature & Education
Padma Shri P R Krishnakumar, Chancellor of Avinashilingam Institute for Home Science and Higher Education for Women and Managing Director of Arya Vaidya Pharmacy Limited, Coimbatore passed away at the age of 69 at Coimbatore due to Coronavirus infection. He was born on 23rd September 1951 at Shoranur, Kerala. He started the first ever clinical research in traditional medicines under the partnership of the World Health Organization(WHO) and Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) in 1977.
- Ashok Gasti who passed away recently is the present Rajya Sabha MP from which state?
3) Andhra Pradesh
5) Tamil Nadu
Ashok Gasti, a Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Rajya Sabha MP (Member of Parliament) from Karnataka, passed away of COVID-19 at a private hospital in Bengaluru, Karnataka. He was around the age of 55. The BJP Karnataka leader was born in 1965 and belonged to Raichur district, Karnataka. The first-time Rajya Sabha member took oath as MP on July 22, 2020.
- The theme of World Patient Safety Day 2020 is “Health Worker Safety: A Priority for Patient Safety”. When was world patient safety day observed annually?
1) 11th September
2) 13th September
3) 19th September
4) 21st September
5) 17th September
Answer-5) 17th September
World Patients Safety Day is annually celebrated on 17th September by the World Health Organization(WHO), international partners and all countries to create a better understanding of the patient’s safety and to increase the participation of the public in the safety of healthcare. The First World Patients Safety day was observed on 17th September 2019. The theme of World Patient Safety Day 2020 is “Health Worker Safety: A Priority for Patient Safety”.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Karaivetti Bird Sanctuary is located at which state?
4) Tamil Nadu
Answer-4) Tamil Nadu
In Tamil Nadu, a massive afforestation exercise is going on in the popular Karaivetti Bird Sanctuary in Ariyalur district, near Trichy. A large number of individuals as well as organisations have come forward to reclaim the lush greenery of the sanctuary.
- Name the India’s 1st Anti-Satellite Missile test.
1) Mission A-SAT
2) Mission Shakti
3) Mission Arya
4) Mission Karuda
5) None of the Above
Answer-2) Mission Shakti
A customized My Stamp on India’s First Anti-Satellite Missile (A-SAT) launch was released by the Department of Posts on the occasion of Engineers Day on Tuesday in the presence of National Security Advisor (NSA), Ajit Doval. On the direction of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) successfully conducted an Anti-Satellite (A-SAT) Missile test ‘Mission Shakti’ from Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Island in Odisha on March 27, 2019.
- Kempegowda international airport is located at which city?
2) New Delhi
Kempegowda International Airport is an international airport serving Bengaluru, the capital of the Indian state of Karnataka.
- Where does the headquarters of Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) located?
The headquarters of Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) located at Paris, France.
- The Kanha National Park is located at which state?
3) Madhya Pradesh
Answer-3) Madhya Pradesh
Recently, Madhya Pradesh cops arrest Bastar Maoist near Kanha National Park