AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 18 June 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- In June 2021, the Ministry of Culture signed an MoU with the Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways for mutual cooperation in Development of the National Maritime Heritage Complex (NMHC). Where is NHMC located?
1) New Delhi
2) Mahabalipuram, Tamil Nadu
3) Lothal, Gujarat
4) Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh
5) Hampi, Karnataka
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Lothal, Gujarat
The Ministry of Culture (MoC) signed an MoU with the Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways (MoPSW) for Cooperation in Development of National Maritime Heritage Complex (NMHC) at Lothal, Gujarat.
i.NHMC is India’s first of its kind facility dedicated to the legacy of Maritime Heritage of India.
- In June 2021, the Union cabinet approved the restructuring of 41 factories of Ordnance Factory Board (OFB) into ________ Defence PSUs.
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) 7
The Union Cabinet approved a plan for the restructuring of the 246-year old Ordnance Factory Board (OFB) which has 41 factories, into 7 fully government owned corporate entities on the lines of Defence Public Sector Undertakings (DPSU). This will improve autonomy, accountability and efficiency of the companies
- Which company signed an MoU with Bangladesh’s Petrobangla (in June’21) for supplying LNG from India via the 250 km ‘Kanai Chatta (West Bengal) – Shrirampur (Bangladesh) Natural Gas Pipeline’?
1) Essar Oil
3) Hindustan Petroleum
4) Oil India
5) Cairn India
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) H-Energy
India’s H-Energy signed an MoU with Petrobangla, a government-owned national oil company of Bangladesh for supply of R-LNG (Regasified-Liquefied Natural Gas) to Bangladesh.
i.H-Energy will supply LNG to Bangladesh via the 250 km ‘Kanai Chatta (West Bengal) – Shrirampur (Bangladesh) Natural Gas Pipeline’, which is expected to be commissioned in 2023.
- India was ranked ________ in the World Competitiveness Index 2021 released by the Institute for Management Development, while the list was topped by ____________.
1) 64th; Switzerland
2) 64th; Denmark
3) 43rd; Denmark
4) 43rd; Switzerland
5) 43rd; Sweden
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) 43rd; Switzerland
In the World Competitiveness Index 2021 released by the Institute for Management Development’s (IMD) World Competitiveness Center, India retained its 43rd rank out of 64 nations (for the 3rd consecutive year). Switzerland topped the Index followed by Sweden in the 2nd spot & Denmark in the 3rd spot.
- In June 2021, Asian Development Bank signed a $484 million loan agreement for development of Road Transport connectivity in which state?
3) Tamil Nadu
4) Uttar Pradesh
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Tamil Nadu
Government of India (GoI) virtually signed a $484 million (Rs 3,616 cr) loan agreement with the Asian Development Bank to improve transport connectivity and facilitate industrial development in the 590 Km long Chennai–Kanyakumari Industrial Corridor (CKIC) in Tamil Nadu.
About Asian Development Bank:
Headquartered– Manila, Philippines
President– Masatsugu Asakawa
- Which country received the USD 100 million Line of Credit (in June’21) by Indian government for development of its Solar Energy Sector?
5) Sri Lanka
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Sri Lanka
India signed an agreement to extend a 100 million USD Line of Credit (LOC) to Sri Lanka for projects in the Solar Energy Sector. The agreement was signed between the Government of Sri Lanka and the Export-Import Bank of India.
i.India became the 1st country to partner with Sri Lanka to meet its goal of 70% power requirements through renewable energy sources by 2030.
About Sri Lanka:
President– Gotabaya Rajapaksa
Judicial capital– Colombo
Legislative capital– Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte
- Who was named as a SDG Pioneer 2021 by the United Nations Global Compact for working towards the Sustainable Development Goals?
1) Raj Kumar Singh
2) Gurdeep Singh
3) Sumant Sinha
4) Hardeep Singh Puri
5) Prakash Javadekar
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Sumant Sinha
During the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC) Leaders Summit 2021, 10-Global leaders were named as the SDG Pioneers 2021. Sumant Sinha, the Chairman and Managing Director of ReNew Power was recognised as one of the Global leaders working towards the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG).
- Which Ministry launched the “Adi Prashikshan” portal in partnership with UNDP?
1) Ministry of AYUSH
2) Ministry of Tribal Affairs
3) Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
4) Ministry of Panchayati Raj
5) Ministry of Rural Development
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Ministry of Tribal Affairs
Union Minister of Tribal Affairs, Arjun Munda launched “Adi Prashikshan” portal, a unique online portal to provide quality training to Tribal population. The portal was jointly developed by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Tribal Research Institute (TRI) – Odisha and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- When is the World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought annually observed by the United Nations?
1) 16th June
2) 18th June
3) 14th June
4) 15th June
5) 17th June
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) 17th June
The United Nations World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought is annually observed across the globe on 17th June to create and raise awareness regarding prevention of desertification of the soil in arid, semi-arid, and dry sub-humid areas caused due to climate change and human activities.
Theme for 2021 – “Restoration.Land.Recovery: We build back better with healthy land”
- [Gross Domestic Product (GDP) + Subsidies on products – Taxes on products] is used to measure the value of ___________________
1) Net Domestic Product
2) Gross Value Added
3) Net National Product
4) National Income
5) Gross National Product
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Gross Value Added
Gross Value Added (GVA) is the measure of the value of goods and services produced in an area, industry or sector of an economy.
GVA = GDP + Subsidies on products – Taxes on products