AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 18 July 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Which ministry launched on-line “NISHTHA” programme recently?
1) Ministry of Science and Technology
2) Ministry of Commerce and Industry
3) Ministry of Earth Science
4) Ministry of Human Resource Development
5) Ministry of Health and Family WelfareAnswer-4) Ministry of Human Resource Development
Union HRD (Human Resource Development) Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank and Minister of State (MoS) for HRD Sanjay Dhotre have jointly launched the first online National Initiative for School Heads and Teachers Holistic Advancement (NISHTHA) programme for 1,200 key resources persons (KRPs) of Andhra Pradesh (AP), virtually from New Delhi.
- Union MoS (I/C) shipping Mansukh Mandaviya inaugurated 1st container ship from Kolkata port (West Bengal) to Agartala (Tripura), through Chattogram port of which country?
5) BhutanAnswer-2) Bangladesh
Union Minister of State for Shipping (I/C) Mansukh Mandaviya flagged off the first trial container ship from Kolkata (West Bengal) to Agartala (Tripura) through Chattogram Port of Bangladesh in a virtual ceremony. This will not only provide an alternative and shorter route for India to connect its North East Region (NER) through Bangladesh but will also further boost India-Bangladesh maritime relations.
- Name the company which collaborated with CBSE to integrate AI in high school curriculum of 2020-2021.
5) CTSAnswer-3) IBM
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), announced integration of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in the high school (Class 11th &12th grade) curriculum for the 2020-2021 academic year. The curriculum was developed in collaboration with IBM (International Business Machines Corporation).
- Union Minister for Food Processing Industries, Harsimrat Kaur Badal addressed on session of Digital business mission on food processing between India and which country?
5) ThailandAnswer-3) Italy
Union Minister for Food Processing Industries, Harsimrat Kaur Badal addressed the opening session of two days long Digital Indo- Italian Business Mission on Food Processing held virtually. This webinar consisted of digital conferences; trade fair, and B2B (business to business) meetings where 23 Italian companies virtually exhibited their products and services for end users and other industry players in India.
- Which country teamed up with India for joint investment projects in Asia and Africa?
2) United States
4) United Kingdom
5) AustraliaAnswer-1) Russia
India and Russia explores the active joint projects in Asia and Africa in the webinar on “India-Russia Relations in the Context of Post-Pandemic Global order” chaired TCA Raghavan, Director General of ICWA and organized by Russian International Affairs Council (RIAC) and Indian Council of World Affairs (ICWA).
- Which state government has inaugurated ‘Smriti Van’ on the occasion of Harela festival?
2) Arunachal Pradesh
5) SikkimAnswer-1) Uttarakhand
Uttarakhand Chief Minister(CM) Trivendra Singh Rawat inaugurated ‘Smriti Van’ at Asthal village of Dehradun district in memory of late Jeet Singh Negi, famous folk singer of the state on the occasion of Harela festival.
- Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In) of India has signed MoU with which country’s National Cyber Directorate to expand cooperation in cyber security?
5) IsraelAnswer-5) Israel
India and Israel have signed an agreement to further expand their collaboration in dealing with cyber threats. The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between the Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In), a unit of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, and Israel’s National Cyber Directorate (INCD). It was signed by the Director-General (DG) of INCD, Yigal Unna, and India’s Ambassador to Israel, Sanjeev Singla.
- NABARD sanctioned Rs. 795 cr to which state to reconstruct infrastructure which was damaged by Cyclone Amphan?
2) West Bengal
5) Andhra PradeshAnswer-2) West Bengal
National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has sanctioned Rs 795 crore to West Bengal to reconstruct infrastructure which was damaged by Cyclone Amphan (May) under Rural Infrastructure Development Fund (RIDF).
- What will be the contraction in India’s GDP in FY21 as per ICRA Limited?
5) 1.5%Answer-1) 9.5%
ICRA Limited (formerly Investment Information and Credit Rating Agency) projects India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) to contract by 9.5% (-9.5%) in FY21 from 5% earlier forecasted as ongoing lockdowns in some states have affected the recovery seen in May and June 2020.
- Which PSU signed MoU with National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF) to explore business opportunities in renewable energy in India?
5) ONGCAnswer-4) NTPC
The NTPC Limited (formerly known as National Thermal Power Corporation Limited) signs the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with National Investment and Infrastructure Fund(NIIF), acting through National Investment and Infrastructure Fund Limited(NIIFL) to seek investment opportunities in areas like renewable energy, power distribution and other areas of mutual interest in India.
- Rose Christiane Ossouka Raponda has become the 1st women prime minister of which country?
5) SurinameAnswer-4) Gabon
Ali Bongo Ondimba, President of Gabon appointed Rose Christiane Ossouka Raponda(56), as the First Women Prime Minister of Gabon succeeding Julien NkogheBekale, On 16 July 2020. She is the sixth Prime Minister under Bongo’s Presidency since 2009.
- RBI approves reappointment of Shyam Srinivasan as the MD & CEO of which bank (with effect from Sept 23, 2020)?
1) IndusInd bank
2) Federal bank
3) RBL bank
4) Axis bank
5) YES bankAnswer-2) Federal bank
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) approved the reappointment of Shyam Srinivasan as the managing Director and Chief Executive officer of Federal bank Limited with effect from September 23, 2020. He will be working for 1 year till Sep 22, 2021.
- Who will receive 2020 TIFF Tribute Actor Award on 45th Edition of Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF)?
1) Emma Watson
2) Jennifer Lawrence
3) Kate Winslet
4) Scarlett Johansson
5) Natalie PortmanAnswer-3) Kate Winslet
The Toronto International Film Festival(TIFF), announced that Kate Winslet will be receiving the 2020 TIFF Tribute Actor Award at the virtual event of the 45th edition of TIFF. Kate will receive the honor in the virtual gala on 15th September 2020, following her film, Francis Lee’s Ammonite in which she played a fossil hunter Mary Anning.
- What is India’s rank in the Baseline scenario as per 2020 global manufacturing risk index report released by Cushman & Wakefield (China tops)?
5) 28Answer-4) 3
In accordance with the “Cushman & Wakefield’s 2020 Global Manufacturing Risk Index (MRI)” India ranks 3rd in the Baseline Scenario,3rd in Cost Scenario & 30th in Risk Scenario. The Index ranks the countries in the above 3 Scenarios based on most-suitable locations for global manufacturing among 48 countries in terms of cost, competitiveness and operating conditions.
- India ranked _____ in Data Science Domain in Global Skills Index 2020 released by “Coursera”.
5) 21Answer-4) 51
The report of Global Skills Index 2020, an in depth view at the state of the skills across the world prepared by “Coursera”, World’s largest online learning platform shows that India Surges ahead of the peers in the business and technology skill sets because of the growing young population.In the Data Science Domain India secured the global rank 51(lagging) and secured 12th rank in the Asia Pacific region. In the Business Domain India secured the global rank 34 (emerging)and secured 8th rank in the Asia Pacific region. In the Technology Domain India secured the global rank 40 (emerging) and secured 10th rank in the Asia Pacific region.
- Which company planned to acquire 100% stake in Orchestra Tech for about Rs 187 Crore?
4) Tech Mahindra
5) MphasisAnswer-3) Larsen and Toubro
L&T Technology Services(LTTS), the engineering services arm of Larsen and Toubro Group, informed that it will acquire a 100 % stake in Texas-based Orchestra Technology(Tech). The acquisition is an all cash deal of USD 25 million, or about Rs 187 crores.
- The Modulus Housing incubated start-up of which IIT, has developed a portable hospital unit named ‘MediCAB’?
1) IIT Delhi
2) IIT Ahmedabad
3) IIT Calcutta
4) IIT Kanpur
5) IIT MadrasAnswer-5) IIT Madras
Indian Institute of Technology Madras(IIT-M)-incubated start-up, Modulus Housing has developed a portable hospital unit, ‘MediCAB’, a decentralized approach to detect, screen, identify, isolate and treat COVID-19 patients. It can be installed anywhere within 2 hours by four people. The startup has collaborated with Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology(SCTIMST). This collaboration helps the startup to get inputs on certification and customizations necessary for the project.
- Which is the 1st nation to finish human trials for COVID-19 vaccine?
3) United States
4) United Kingdom
5) IndiaAnswer-2) Russia
Russia has become the first nation to complete clinical trials of COVID-19 vaccine on humans, and the results have proven the medication’s effectiveness.The Chief researcher Elena Smolyarchuk, who heads the Center for Clinical Research on Medications at Sechenov University, announced Russian news agency TASS that the human trials for the vaccine have been completed at the university and they will be discharged soon.
- The 2022 Dakar (Senegal) youth Olympics was postponed to which year?
5) 2028Answer-4) 2026
The International Olympic Committee(IOC) has postponed the 2022 Dakar (Senegal) Youth Summer Olympics by four years to 2026 due to COVID- 19 pandemic and would be the first Youth Summer Olympic Games organized in Africa.
- Sprinter Deajah Stevens who was banned recently belongs to which country?
3) United States
5) SpainAnswer-3) United States
Olympic finalist sprinter Deajah Stevens was banned for 18 months for missing doping tests and will miss the Tokyo Games.The 25-year-old American runner’s ban was backdated to start on February 17, 2020. It will expire days after the scheduled closing ceremony of the postponed Tokyo Olympics in August 2021.
- Ramesh Tikaram who passed away in July 2020 is associated with which sport?
1) Para – Cycling
2) Para – Cricket
3) Para – Tennis
4) Para – Badminton
5) Para – HockeyAnswer-4) Para – Badminton
Arjuna awardee, para athlete and para-badminton player, Ramesh Tikaram passed away at 51 due to coronavirus in a Bengaluru hospital. He organized the World Cup for Para badminton in Bengaluru in 2002. He is the India’s 1st Para Badminton Player to receive the Arjuna Award.
- Neela Satyanarayanan who died recently is the 1st women State Election Commissioner of which state?
1) Uttar Pradesh
3) Tamil Nadu
5) MaharashtraAnswer-5) Maharashtra
Neela Satyanarayanan (72), first woman State Election Commissioner of Maharashtra and a praised Marathi author died of COVID-19 on July 16, 2020. She died at Seven Hills Hospital at Marol in Andheri (East), Mumbai where she was undergoing treatment for COVID-19.
- When was Day of International Criminal Justice observed annually?
1) July 15
2) July 12
3) July 17
4) July 25
5) July 21Answer-3) July 17
Day of International Criminal Justice is annually observed on 17th July to recognize the importance of the international criminal justice system in prevailing the justice for the victims of the crimes, wars and genocide and to promote their rights. Day of International Criminal Justice is also called as international criminal justice day and World Day for International Justice.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Singrauli Super Thermal Power Station is located in which state?
1) Arunachal Pradesh
3) Uttar Pradesh
5) BiharAnswer-3) Uttar Pradesh
National Thermal Power Corporation, NTPC’s Singrauli Unit 1 has emerged as the top-performing unit in the country in the first quarter of the financial year, as per the data released by Central Electricity Authority. NTPC, Singrauli is the oldest Unit and a flagship power station of NTPC Limited. It is located in Uttar Pradesh.
- The Farzad-B gas field is located in which country?
5) IsraelAnswer-4) Iran
Recently, the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) has confirmed that India is no longer involved in the Farzad-B gas field project of Iran. Further, it said that India has not received any response from Iran since December 2019 on the future of the Chabahar-Zahedan railway project as well. It cited policy changes by the Iranian government, Iran’s uncertain finances, and the USA sanctions situation as the reasons behind the decisions on Indian infrastructure projects in Iran.Farzad-B gas field is located in Persian Gulf (Iran).
- Where is the HQ of International Criminal Court (ICC) located?
5) New YorkAnswer-4) Hague
The HQ of International Criminal Court(ICC) located at Hague, Netherlands.
- What is the capital of Gabon?
5) None of the AboveAnswer-1) Libreville
The Capital & Currency of Gabon are Libreville & Central African CFA franc respectively.
- Who is the present chairman of Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)?
1) Manoj Ahuja
2) Anurag Jain
3) Anita Karwal
4) Katikithala Srinivas
5) Arvind SaxenaAnswer-1) Manoj Ahuja
Manoj Ahuja is the present chairman of Central Board of Secondary Education(CBSE).