AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 18 February 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Where was the Prime Minister Narendra Modi virtually laid the foundation stone for Construction of Statue & Memorial for Maharaja Suheldev?
On February 16, 2021, Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi virtually laid the foundation stone for Construction of Statue & Memorial for Maharaja Suheldev at Bahraich, Uttar Pradesh (UP). He also laid the foundation stone for development works around the Chittaura Lake in Bahraich, UP. The event marked the 112th Birth Anniversary Celebration of Maharaja Suheldev. Maharaja Suheldev is an Indian King from Shravasti (A City of Ancient India). He is remembered for defeating Ghaznavid General Ghazi Saiyyad Salar Masud, nephew of Mahmud of Ghazni at Bahraich
- Which country has signed a MoU with India for enhancing cooperation between the two countries in Civil Space Activities?
On February 17, 2021, Australian Space Agency & Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for enhancing cooperation between the two countries in Civil Space Activities. The New Agreement covers an amendment to the Civil Space Cooperation (CSC) MoU signed by both Countries in 2012.
The MoU has been developed as part of the Comprehensive Strategic Partnership between Australia & India, which was announced by Prime Ministers of both countries in June, 2020.
- RBI has released the Draft Reserve Bank of India (Credit Derivatives) Directions, 2021 in exercise of the powers conferred under section ___________ of the RBI Act 1934 read with section 45U.
As per the central bank’s announcement regarding the review of credit default swaps (CDS) guidelines on December 2020,Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has released the Draft Reserve Bank of India (Credit Derivatives) Directions, 2021 in exercise of the powers conferred under section 45W of the RBI Act 1934 read with section 45U.
The guidelines are for allowing derivatives trading in the credit default swaps (CDS) in over-the-counter (OTC) markets and on recognised stock exchanges in the country.
RBI invited comments on the Draft Directions by March 15, 2021.
- What is the estimated GDP forecast of India for the FY22 as per the recent report released by S&P (Standard & Poors) Global Ratings?
On February 16, 2021 S&P (Standard & Poors) Global Ratings released a report titled, ‘Cross-Sector Outlook: India’s Escape From Covid’, where it estimated that India will have an economic recovery at 10% in FY22, on a lower base. Earlier, it had revised India’s Real GDP Forecast for FY21 to -7.7%(contract by 7%) from -9%.
- Chief Minister of which state has recently received the SKOCH Challenger Award – Chief Minister of the Year Award on 16th February 2021?
On 16th February 2021, YS Jagan Mohan Reddy, the Chief Minister(CM) of Andhra Pradesh(AP) received the SKOCH Challenger Award – Chief Minister of the Year Award. The award of the SKOCH Group was presented to him by Sameer Kochhar, Chairman of SKOCH Group at the Camp office of CM at Tadepalli, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh.The SKOCH CM of the year Award was given to YS Jagan Mohan Reddy based on the yearlong study on the government project- level outcomes across different states of India.
- Who was removed from Puducherry Lieutenant Governor(LG) post and Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan, Governor of Telangana, was given additional charge as LG of Puducherry?
2. Anandiben Patel
3. Najma Heptulla
4. Baby Rani Maurya
5. Dr. Kiran Bedi
Answer-5. Dr. Kiran Bedi
On February 16, 2021 Dr. Kiran Bedi was removed from the post of Puducherry Lieutenant Governor(LG). While, Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan, Governor of Telangana, was given additional charge as LG of Puducherry. Her appointment is effective from the date she assumes charge of her office.
- Faf du Plessis who announces Retirement from Test Cricket.He is a former cricket captain of which country?
Answer-4. South Africa
On February 17, 2021, Former South African Captain & Batsman Francois ‘Faf’ du Plessis announced Retirement from Test Cricket format of the game. He is the only South African Captain to lead his team to a Test Series victory over Australia in both home (South Africa) & Away (Australia).
- When was the International Childhood Cancer Day (ICCD) observed and 2021 marks the 20th Commemoration of the International Childhood Cancer Day (ICCD)?
1. February 11
2. February 12
3. February 13
4. February 14
5. February 15
Answer-5. February 15
Each Year, the International Childhood Cancer Day (ICCD) is observed on February 15. The day aims to raise awareness about childhood cancer, express support for children & adolescents with cancer, the survivors and their families.The year 2021 marks the 20th Commemoration of the International Childhood Cancer Day (ICCD) since it was created in 2002 by Childhood Cancer International (CCI).
- Which state has recently unveiled the Industrial Policy 2021-2025 & MSME policy 2021,also 28 MoUs with a cumulative investment of Rs 28,053 crores across various sectors, including Electric Vehicles, Wind Energy, Auto Components, City Gas, Textiles etc?
On February 16, 2021, the Chief Minister (CM) of Tamil Nadu (TN), Edappadi Karuppa Palaniswami, unveiled “Tamil Nadu Industrial Policy 2021-2025” and MSME (Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises) Policy 2021 during a grand event in Chennai. He also launched and laid foundation stones for projects. The state government of TN signed a total of 28 Memoranda of Understanding (MoUs) with a cumulative investment of Rs 28,053 crores across various sectors, including Electric Vehicles, Wind Energy, Auto Components, City Gas, Textiles etc.
- Name the private company which made a MoU with TamilNadu worth Rs 4,684 crore for mobile components unit.
1.Nokia India Pvt Ltd
3.Tata Electronics Pvt LTd
4.Samsung India Pvt Ltd
5.None of these
Answer-3.Tata Electronics Pvt LTd
As a part of MoU, Rs 4,684 crore will be invested by Tata Electronics in TamilNadu’s Krishnagiri to make mechanical enclosures for mobile phones. It will create job opportunities for 18,250 people.In this regard, Tata Electronics has been allotted 500 acre by TIDCO.