AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 17 September 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Which of the following point(s) are Correct with respect to the Cabinet Approvals in September 2021?
A) Cabinet approved major reforms in the ‘Telecom Sector’ & allowed 74% Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) through the automatic route in this sector.
B) PLI Scheme for ‘Auto Industry’ & ‘Drone Industry’ with an outlay of Rs 26,058 crore to enhance India’s manufacturing capabilities.
C) India & Italy will sign an MoU for enhancing Cooperation in the field of Disaster Risk Reduction & Management.
1) Only A & B
2) Only B & C
3) Only A & C
4) All A, B & C
5) Only B
Answer-2) Only B & C
i. The Cabinet approved major Reforms in the ‘Telecom Sector’, allowed 100% Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) through the automatic route in this sector & 4-year moratorium on payment of statutory dues by telecom companies.
ii. It approved the PLI Scheme for ‘Auto Industry’ and ‘Drone Industry’ to enhance India’s manufacturing capabilities with an outlay of Rs 26,058 crore.
iii. Cabinet approved the MoU signed between India & Italy on Cooperation in the field of Disaster Risk Reduction & Management.
- Name the Campaign that was recently (in Sept’ 21) launched by NITI Aayog in partnership with ‘RMI’ to promote the usage of Zero-pollution delivery vehicles.
5) Switch Electric
NITI Aayog in partnership with Rocky Mountain Institute (RMI) & RMI India launched a campaign named “Shoonya” – an initiative to promote the usage of Zero-pollution delivery vehicles among e-commerce companies, fleet aggregators, original equipment manufacturers & logistics companies.
- Which Telecom organization recently (in Sept’ 21) partnered with the ‘Andhra Pradesh State Disaster Management Agency’ & ‘Celltick’ to launch India’s 1st cell broadcasting Public Warning System?
2) Reliance Jio
3) Vodafone Idea
4) Bharti Airtel
Answer-3) Vodafone Idea
Vodafone Idea Limited partnered with the Andhra Pradesh State Disaster Management Agency (APSDMA) & Celltick, to Launch India’s 1st cell broadcasting Public Warning System (PWS).
About Vodafone Idea Limited(VIL):
MD & CEO- Ravinder Takkar
Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Where did PM Narendra Modi recently (in Sep ’21) laid the foundation stone for ‘Raja Mahendra Pratap Singh State University’?
1) Chandigarh, Punjab
2) Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh
3) Morena, Madhya Pradesh
4) Ongole, Andhra Pradesh
5) New Delhi
Answer-2) Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh
PM Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of ‘Raja Mahendra Pratap Singh State University’ in Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh. Uttar Pradesh will establish the university in the memory of Jat social reformer Raja Mahendra Pratap Singh.
i. Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu, PM Narendra Modi & Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla jointly launched ‘Sansad’ TV.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) commissioned (in Sept’ 21) India’s largest floating Solar PV Plant- ‘NTPC Simhadri’ in which state?
1) Madhya Pradesh
5) Andhra Pradesh
Answer-5) Andhra Pradesh
India’s largest Floating Solar PV plant at NTPC Simhadri, Andhra Pradesh, executed by Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL), has become commercially operationalized by NTPC Limited.
- Which country hosted 6th edition of the joint Counter Terrorism exercise ‘SCO Peaceful Mission 2021’ that saw the participation of the Indian Air Force?
Indian Military participated in a Joint Counter Terrorism Exercise ‘SCO PEACEFUL MISSION 2021’. The 6th edition of the exercise SCO Peaceful Mission was hosted by Russia in Orenburg.
- Identify the countries that established a trilateral security partnership named – ‘’AUKUS” (in Sept’ 21) to strengthen diplomatic, security and defence cooperation in the Indo-Pacific region.
1) US, UK & Japan
2) US, UK & Australia
3) India, Japan & Australia
4) US, UK & India
5) UK, Australia & Japan
Answer-2) US, UK & Australia
The United States (US), United Kingdom(UK) and Australia established a trilateral security partnership named – ‘’AUKUS” in order to strengthen diplomatic, security and defence cooperation in the Indo-Pacific region.
i. The partnership was announced between the US President Joe Biden, UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson and Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison.
- What was India’s GDP growth projection for 2021 as per the UNCTAD’s report – “Trade and Development Report 2021” released in September 2021?
The UN Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) released its “Trade and Development Report 2021”, which predicts India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) to grow by 7.2% in 2021, whereas the Global Growth rate is projected at 5.3%.
i. The report also estimates India’s GDP to grow by 6.7% in 2022, becoming the fastest growing economy in the World.
- Which organization recently (in Sept’ 21) launched ‘Kisan Store’ for doorstep delivery of Agricultural products to Farmers?
Amazon launched ‘Kisan Store’ – a facility that allows Farmers to purchase agricultural products like seeds, farm accessories, plant protection, nutrition at Amazon Easy stores.
- Which bank was named as ‘World’s Best Bank 2021’ & ‘World’s Best Digital Bank 2021’ by Euromoney in its ‘Global Awards for Excellence 2021’?
1) DBS Bank
2) Kotak Mahendra Bank
3) State Bank of India
4) HDFC Bank
5) ICICI Bank
Answer-1) DBS Bank
Euromoney, a UK-based financial publication, announced its Global Awards for Excellence 2021 & named DBS bank, the Singapore based financial services group as ‘World’s Best Bank 2021’ for the 2nd time in 3 years.
i. Euromoney has also named DBS the ‘World’s Best Digital Bank 2021’.