AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 17 August 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- In August 2021, Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) completed its 7th Anniversary. Identify the correct statement(s) related to PMJDY.
A) The scheme was launched in 2014 by PM Narendra Modi with the slogan ‘Mera Khata, Bhagya Vidhata’ for Financial Inclusion.
B) There is an overdraft facility of Rs. 20,000 to eligible Jan Dhan Bank account holders.
C) According to the Global Findex database of the World Bank in August 2021, 80% of people above 15 years of age in the lower-middle-income group have a bank account.
1) Only A & B
2) Only B & C
3) Only A & C
4) Only A
5) All A, B & C
Answer-3) Only A & C
i. PMJDY was launched in 2014 by PM Narendra Modi with the slogan ‘Mera Khata, Bhagya Vidhata’. It is a ‘National Mission of Financial Inclusion.
ii. There is an overdraft facility up to Rs. 10,000 to eligible Jan Dhan Bank account holders is available.
iii. According to the Global Findex database of the World Bank, 80% of people above 15 years of age in the lower-middle-income group have a bank account.
- Which organization signed a joint action plan with India (in Aug’ 21) to boost trade activities & faster clearance of goods?
1) European Union
2) Organization for Economic and Co-operation Development
3) Netherlands Development Finance Company
4) West African Development Bank
5) East African Community
Answer-5) East African Community
India & East African Community (EAC) signed an action plan to boost trade activities & faster clearance of goods. Over the past five years (2014 – 2018), trade between the two entities amounted to over USD 30 billion.
About East Africa Community (EAC):
Chairperson of the Summit – Uhuru Kenyatta
Headquarters – Arusha, Tanzania
- Name the ministry that launched (in Aug’ 21) a Logo and brand named ‘SonChiraiya’ to promote market products of Self Help Groups.
1) Ministry of Rural Development
2) Ministry of Corporate Affairs
3) Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
4) Ministry of Finance
5) Ministry of Consumer Affairs
Answer-3) Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs launched a logo and brand named “SonChiraiya” to promote market products of Urban Self Help Groups. This would enhance women’s participation & make them financially empowered.
- Identify the country that chaired the ‘BRICS Working Group on Agriculture 2021’ (in Aug’ 21).
5) South Africa
India chaired ‘BRICS Working Group on Agriculture 2021’ under the theme ‘BRICS Partnership for Strengthening Agro Biodiversity for Food and Nutrition Security.
i. BRICS Agriculture research platform is developed by India to promote cooperation in the areas of agricultural research, extension, technology transfer, training, & capacity building.
- The license of which bank got canceled by the RBI (in Aug’ 21) due to inadequate capital and earning prospects to pay its present depositors in full?
1) Karnala Nagari Sahakari Bank
2) Saraswat Bank
3) Abhyudaya Cooperative Bank
4) Bharat Cooperative Bank
5) Janata Sahakari Bank
Answer- 1) Karnala Nagari Sahakari Bank
RBI canceled the license of Karnala Nagari Sahakari Bank Ltd., Panvel, Maharashtra. It was due to the bank not having adequate capital and earning prospects to pay its present depositors in full.
i. Every depositor of the bank would receive a deposit insurance claim amount up to Rs 5 lakh from the Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation.
- Name the bank which was the top performer among PSU banks in terms of loan and savings deposit growth in the first quarter of FY22.
1) Punjab & Sind Bank
2) State Bank of India
3) Bank of Maharashtra
4) Bank of Baroda
5) Canara Bank
Answer-3) Bank of Maharashtra
Bank of Maharashtra emerged as the top performer among Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) banks in terms of loan and savings deposit growth in Q1 of FY22.
i. BoM recorded a 14.46% increase in gross advances & the Current Account Savings Account (CASA) for BoM was also increased by 22%.
- Name the country in which PM Muhyiddin Yassin resigned after losing majority support to govern (in Aug’ 21).
Muhyiddin Yassin, PM of Malaysia submitted his resignation to Al-Sultan Abdullah, Yang di-Pertuan Agong (The Supreme Head of Malaysia).
Capital– Kuala Lumpur
Currency– Malaysian Ringgit
- Indian Javelin Thrower Neeraj Chopra was ranked____________ in the World Athletics Men’s Javelin Throw Ranking 2021. Germany’s ____________ is number one in the Ranking (in Aug’ 21).
1) 2nd; Johannes Vetter
2) 3rd; Johannes Vetter
3) 2nd; Marcin Krukowski
4) 3rd; Marcin Krukowski
5) 4th; Neymar
Answer-1) 2nd; Johannes Vetter
Neeraj Chopra ranked 2nd in World Athletics Men’s Javelin Throw Ranking 2021. Neeraj was also ranked 129th in the Men’s Overall Athletics Ranking. Germany’s Johannes Vetter continued to be Number 1 in the Men’s Javelin Throw Ranking.
- On which date Manipur annually observes the Patriot’s Day to remember the heroes during the Anglo Manipur War 1891?
1) 17th August
2) 16th August
3) 15th August
4) 14th August
5) 13th August
Answer-5) 13th August
Manipur annually observes the Patriot’s Day on 13th August to remember the heroes who sacrificed their lives during the Anglo Manipur War 1891.
i. The artists of Roop Raag performed the first rendition of ‘Sana Leibak Manipur’ the state song of Manipur.
- ______________ is the Scientific Study of Grass
Agrostology is a field of botany that deals with the Scientific Study of Grass.