AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 17 April 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- In April 2021, Minister of Housing & Urban Affairs, Hardeeo Singh Puri launched 2 Challenges – EatSmart Cities Challenge & Transport 4 All (T4All) Challenge.
Identify the points that are Correctly related to the Challenges:
A) Only the 100 Smart Cities can take part in the challenge
B) EatSmart Cities Challenge is based on the ‘Eat Right India’ Movement launched by FSSAI in 2018
C) 1st edition of T4All Challenge is focused on ‘Digital Innovation’
1) Only A & B
2) Only B & C
3) Only A & C
4) All A, B & C
5) Only BAnswer-2) Only B & C
Hardeep S Puri, Minister of State (I/C) Housing & Urban Affairs virtually launched 2 Challenges during an online event.
· EatSmart Cities Challenge & Transport 4 All (T4All) Challenge
· All Smart Cities, capital cities of States/UTs and cities with a population of more than 5 Lakh are eligible to take part in the 2 challenges.
EatSmart Cities Challenge:
· The challenge is aimed at building awareness among consumers for making better food choices set-up under the ‘Eat Right India’ Movement.
· Eat Right India was launched in 2018 by FSSAI (Food Safety and Standards Authority of India).
Transport 4 All (T4All) Challenge:
· The focus of the 1st Edition of the challenge will be on ‘Digital Innovation’.
- Which company (in Apr’21) partnered with India’s Common Service Centers (CSC) to set up solar-powered micro-grids and water pumps in rural areas?
1) Tata Power
2) ReNew Power
4) Azure Power
5) Adani PowerAnswer-1) Tata Power
The Common Service Centers (CSC), the government’s e-governance services arm made a partnership with Tata Power to set up solar-powered micro-grids and water pumps in rural areas across the country.
· Under the partnership, Tata Power planned to set up 10,000 micro grids in rural areas with support from CSC’s village-level entrepreneurs (VLEs).
· Tata Power will also provide solar water pumps to 6000 Farmer Producer Organisations (FPOs)
- Where are the roads, Postal Highway also called Hulaki Rajmarg, that were constructed under Indian financial assistance?
5) Sri LankaAnswer-3) Nepal
In April 2021, India extended NPR 42.95 Million (~ INR 2.69 Crores) grant assistance to Nepal for construction of a New Building for a School in Udaypur district of Nepal.
· Nepal inaugurated 10 Roads (length of 300 Kms) which were built with Indian grant assistance of NPR 800 Crores (~ INR 501 Crores).
· The roads, Postal Highway also called Hulaki Rajmarg were implemented under the ‘Indian Government Funding and Government of Nepal implementation’.
- Which International bank recently (in Apr’21) announced to close its consumer banking operations in 13 countries including India?
1) Standard Chartered
2) Capital One
3) HSBC Bank
4) DBS Bank
5) CitibankAnswer-5) Citibank
Citibank announced to exit its consumer banking operations in India.
As a part of its global restructuring process Citibank has decided to close its operations in consumer banking in 13 countries which includes Australia, Bahrain, China, India, Indonesia, Korea, Malaysia, Philippines, Poland, Russia, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam.
- Which brokerage company launched India’s 1st Aadhaar-based Systematic Investment Plan(SIP) payments feature?
1) India Infoline
5) ETMONEYAnswer-5) ETMONEY
ETMONEY launched India’s first Aadhaar-based Systematic Investment Plan(SIP) payments feature. This feature will enable anyone to start a SIP online and make automatic payments using a simple Aadhaar based OTP verification.
· This is aimed at making investments more seamless & accessible to the widest section of Indian society.
- Who was recognized as the Cricketer of the decade for 2010s in the listing by Wisden Cricketers’ Almanack?
1) MS Dhoni
2) Ben Stokes
3) Ross Taylor
4) Virat Kohli
5) Steve SmithAnswer-4) Virat Kohli
Famous Cricketing Magazine, Wisden Cricketers’ Almanack, has named 5 best cricketers for each decade, starting from 1970’s to 2010’s to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the 1st One-Day International (ODI) match.
· Kapil Dev for the decade – 1980’s
· Sachin Tendulkar for the decade – 1990’s
· Virat Kohli for the decade – 2010’s
· Ben Stokes was declared as ‘Cricketer of the Year’
- Who was appointed as the brand ambassador of Tecno Mobile – India in April 2021?
1) Ranveer Singh
2) Rajkummar Rao
3) Alia Bhatt
4) Deepika Padukone
5) Ayushmann KhurranaAnswer-5) Ayushmann Khurrana
Tecno, global smartphone brand has appointed Bollywood actor Ayushmann Khurrana as its Indian Brand ambassador. The 2021 initiative of Tecno aims to push the envelope of technology democratisation with innovation, new age smartphones.
· Tecno Mobile – India is Headquartered at Noida, Uttar Pradesh.
- In April 2021, ICC banned Heath Streak from all forms of cricket for 8 years. Which country did he represent?
2) New Zealand
3) West Indies
4) South Africa
5) IrelandAnswer-1) Zimbabwe
The International Cricket Council (ICC) banned former Zimbabwe captain Heath Streak for 8-years from all forms of cricket for breaching the ICC Anti-Corruption Code, for leaking internal information about the team.
- When is the World Voice Day annually observed?
1) 14th April
2) 15th April
3) 13th April
4) 16th April
5) 12th AprilAnswer-4) 16th April
The World Voice Day is annually observed across the globe on 16th April to celebrate the phenomenon of voice and to encourage the people across the globe to seek help to train their voices.
Theme – “One World Many Voices”
- Which state govt. recently (in Apr’21) inaugurated the Advanced Antiquities Management System (AAMS) for maintaining the information related storage of antiquities?
5) MaharashtraAnswer-2) Goa
The Directorate of Archives and Archaeology (DAA), Government of Goa inaugurated the Advanced Antiquities Management System(AAMS) in India, the first of its kind facility in India for the storage of antiquities.
· The AAMS collected the information about the antiquities and maintained a library of information on the antiquities using software which was used for industrial devices.