AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 16 September 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- In September 2021, the Supreme Court of India oversaw the entry of women into which Organisation?
1) Research & Analysis Wing
2) Indian Space Research Organisation
3) Union Public Service Commission
4) National Defence Academy
5) National Investigation AgencyAnswer-4) National Defence Academy
The Supreme Court allowed Women candidates to appear in the upcoming National Defense Academy (NDA) examination conducted by the Union Public Services Commission i. During 2021 Republic Day, Bhawana Kanth & Swati Rathore became the 1st women pilots to participate in the Republic Day parade.
- Which entity became India’s 1st Private company to formally sign a Framework MoU (in Sept’ 21) with the Department of Space for accessing facilities at various ISRO centers?
1) Boeing India
2) Skyroot Aerospace
3) Lockheed Martin India
4) BrahMos Aerospace
5) Airnetz AviationAnswer-2) Skyroot Aerospace
Skyroot Aerospace became the first private company to formally sign a Framework MoU with the Department of Space. It can undertake multiple tests and access facilities at various ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation) centers.
i. Skyroot is developing the ‘Vikram Series’ of rockets to carry small satellites into space. It test fired its solid propulsion rocket engine named Kalam-5.
- Name the Ministry that recently (in Sept’ 21) launched ‘SVAMITVA dashboard’ to monitor & implementation of ‘SVAMITVA Scheme’
1) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
2) Ministry of Labour and Employment
3) Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
4) Ministry of Road Transport and Highways
5) Ministry of Panchayati RajAnswer-5) Ministry of Panchayati Raj
Giriraj Singh, Union Minister for Panchayati Raj & Rural Development launched ‘SVAMITVA dashboard’ during a national level meet – “SVAMITVA Scheme: A Stepping-Stone Towards Upliftment of Rural Economy”.
i. “Survey of Villages Abadi & Mapping with Improvised Technology in Village Areas” (SVAMITVA) Scheme was launched on National Panchayati Raj Day, 24th April 2021.
- Which organization was authorized (in Sept’ 21) by National Health Authority (NHA) for digital processing of ‘Ayushman Bharat cards’ under Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY)?
1) UTI Infrastructure Technology & Services Ltd
2) National Securities Depository Ltd
3) Unique Identification Authority of India
4) BLS International Services Ltd
5) National Payments Corporation of IndiaAnswer-4) BLS International Services Ltd
BLS International, an IT Service Management company, was authorised by the National Health Authority (NHA) for digital processing of ‘Ayushman Bharat cards’ under Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY).
i. Under AB-PMJAY, Indian government provides a health insurance cover of upto Rs 5 lakhs per family per annum.
- Which organization(s) signed an agreement with Greater Noida Industrial Development Authority for Dry Waste management Facility in Noida?
1) State Bank of India
2) United Nations Development Programme
3) HDFC Bank
4) Both 2 & 3
5) Both 1 & 2Answer-4) Both 2 & 3
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), HDFC Bank & the Greater Noida Industrial Development Authority (GNIDA) signed an agreement to provide facilities to manage up to 300 metric tonnes of dry waste in Noida, Uttar Pradesh.
- Which Bank recently (in Sept’ 21) signed an MoU with Escorts Limited (Escorts Agri Machinery) to offer financial services to farmers?
1) Kotak Mahindra Bank
2) Catholic Syrian Bank
3) IndusInd Bank
4) IDFC First Bank
5) Federal BankAnswer-3) IndusInd Bank
IndusInd Bank signed an MoU with Escorts Limited (Escorts Agri Machinery) to offer financial services to farmers and to make its range of tractors and farm equipment more accessible.
About IndusInd Bank:
MD & CEO- Sumant Kathpalia
Headquarters– Pune, Maharashtra
- Who won ‘7th Yamin Hazarika Woman of Substance Award 2021’?
1) Gayatri Asokan
2) Sonam Kapoor
3) Namita Gokhale
4) Padala Bhudevi
5) Tashi MalikAnswer-3) Namita Gokhale
Writer Namita Gokhale received the ‘7th Yamin Hazarika Woman of Substance Award 2021’. She is the co-founder & co-director of the Jaipur Literature Festival, Gokhale also mentors Himalayan Echoes and the Kumaon Festival of Literature and the Arts.
- Who was recently (in Sept’ 21) appointed as President of International Road Federation-India?
1) Ashutosh Sharma
2) Satish Parekh
3) Ajay Kumar
4) Subhamoy Gangopadhyay
5) Vinod Kumar YadavAnswer-2) Satish Parekh
Ashoka Buildcon Managing Director (MD) and promoter Satish Parekh took over as the president of International Road Federation (IRF)-India. IRF headquarter is located in Geneva, Switzerland and IRF-India’s Headquarter is located in New Delhi, Delhi.
- When is the ‘International Day of Democracy’ annually celebrated by the UN?
1) 11th September
2) 12th September
3) 13th September
4) 14th September
5) 15th SeptemberAnswer-5) 15th September
The UN’s ‘International Day of Democracy’ is annually observed across the globe on September 15th to provide an opportunity to review the state of democracy across the globe.
i. The day marks the adoption of the Universal Declaration on Democratic by the Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU) on 15th September 1997.
- Who authored the book, “Development as Freedom”?
1) Amartya Sen
2) Manmohan Singh
3) Kaushik Basu
4) Raghuram Rajan
5) Bimal JalanAnswer-1) Amartya Sen
The book, “Development as Freedom” was authored by India’s Nobel laureate Amartya Sen.