We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 16 September 2021, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2021 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs September 2021 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2021 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
Female Candidates allowed to attend NDA ExamsIndian Armed Forces allowed the entry of female candidates into the armed forces through National Defence Academy (NDA) after the intervention of the Supreme Court(SC) of India. Previously, a Supreme Court bench of justices Sanjay Kishan Kaul and Hrishikesh Roy, questioned the gender bias followed in the recruitment of candidates for the Indian Armed Forces.
i.The NDA Exams that was set to be held on 5th September was postponed to 14th November after the intervention of the Supreme Court, and now female candidates were allowed to appear in the examination.
ii.Previously, In February 2020, Female candidates serving in Short Service Commission (SSC) were permitted for Permanent Commission after similar intervention by the Supreme Court.
Note – During 2021 Republic Day, Bhawana Kanth & Swati Rathore became the 1st women pilots to participate in the Republic Day parade.
Selection through NDA:
NDA annually recruits candidates to the Indian armed forces, through examinations conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
- Currently, Only Male candidates who have cleared Class 12 or equivalent & in the age group of 16-and-a-half and 19 were eligible to apply.
- On Clearing the exam, candidates will be trained in NDA for getting posted in Indian Army, Navy or Air Force wings of NDA.
About National Defence Academy (NDA):
Headquartered – Pune, Maharashtra
Established – 1954
President of India is the Supreme Commander of Armed Forces
About Supreme Court of India:
Established – 26 January 1950
The Supreme Court of India is a Constitutional body, established under the provisions of Article 124
Total Strength of Judges – 34 (including Chief Justice of India(CJI) but Currently there are 33 judges including CJI in SC)
Skyroot Aerospace, a 1st spacetech startup to sign Framework MoU up with DOSSkyroot Aerospace, a Space technology startup, becomes the first private company to formally sign a Framework Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Department of Space (DOS).
- Under this agreement, the startup company can undertake multiple tests and access facilities at various ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation) centers. ISRO will also provide technical expertise for testing and qualifying their Space launch vehicle systems and subsystems,
The agreement for the same was inked by R Umamaheswaran, scientific secretary at ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation), and chairman at Interim IN-SPACe Committee, and Pawan Chandana, CEO of Skyroot Aerospace.
- IN-SPACe is an authorization and regulatory body under DOS for enabling private entities to undertake space activities in India.
i.Skyroot is developing Vikram series of rockets to carry small satellites into space. It has already test fired its solid propulsion rocket engine named Kalam-5, it’s bigger version will power rockets.
ii.In 2020, Agnikul Cosmos founder and CEO (Chief Executive Officer) Srinath Ravichandran and R Umamaheswaran signed a non-disclosure agreement to test and qualify its small rocket that is capable of launching 100 kg satellites into low earth orbit. A formal agreement for the same is also expected soon.
About Skyroot Aerospace
Headquarter– Hyderabad, Telangana
MoA&FW signs 5 MOUs with private companies to initiate pilot projects for Digital Agriculturei.On September 14, 2021, Union Minister Narendra Singh Tomar, Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare (MoA&FW) signed Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs) with 5 private companies at KrishiBhavan, New Delhi for pilot projects.
ii.The companies are CISCO, Ninjacart, Jio Platforms Limited, ITC (formerly India Tobacco Company Limited) Limited and NCDEX e-Markets Limited (NeML).
iii. The above MoUs are on the lines of the Digital agriculture mission that has been initiated for 2021 -2025 by the Central government for projects based on new technologies.
About Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare
Narendra Singh Tomar Constituency– Morena, Madhya Pradesh),
Minister of State– Sushri Shobha Karandlaje (Udupi Chikmagalur, Karnataka), Kailash Choudhary (Barmer, Rajasthan)
>>Read Full News
MoT sanctions Rs 200 cr for tourism development in NE region
Ministry of Tourism (MoT) has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) to promote domestic tourism and development of new tourism products at two-day Conference of Tourism and Culture Ministers of North Eastern States held in Guwahati, Assam on September 13 and 14
- Under the ‘Pilgrimage Rejuvenation and Spiritual Augmentation Drive’ (PRASAD) scheme, Union Minister for Tourism G Kishan Reddy sanctioned Rs 200 crore for the tourism development in the North Eastern Region.
- Rs 68,020 crore had allocated to north eastern states in the Union budget of 2021-22 for the development of North Eastern Regions.
Objective – Under various schemes and flagship initiatives, the tourism ministry is taking an effort to provide branding and marketing assistance to the northeast region.
Other notable initiatives:-
Around 16 projects were sanctioned by the Ministry for the region under Swadesh Darshan
In Manas Wildlife Circuit – Pobitora ,Nameri, Kaziranga ,Pani, Dihing, Dibru, Saikhowa.
In Tezpur Heritage Circuit – Tezpur , Majauli , Sibasagar
About the Schemes
i.Swadesh Darshan Scheme focuses on the integrated development of theme-based tourist circuits.
ii.PRASAD Scheme aims at integrated development of pilgrimage destinations in a prioritised, planned, and sustainable manner in order to provide a complete religious tourism experience.
NITI Aayog’s AIM in collaboration with ISRO & CBSE launches ATL Space Challenge 2021 for Indian school studentsNational Institution for Transforming India (NITI )Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), in collaboration with the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) launched the Atal Tinkering Lab (ATL) ‘Space Challenge 2021’ for all school students across the country.To celebrate the contribution of space science and technology, the ATL has aligned with the World Space Week 2021(4-10 October) at global level.
Enable school students to create innovations for space technology.
ATL Space Challenge 2021 aligns with this year’s theme of celebrating 75 years of India’s independence “Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav”
It is being conducted for all the school students, mentors and teachers across the country. Those who do not have ATL labs are also associated with the challenge. The challenge will allow the students from class 6-12 to innovate and enable them to solve digital space technology problems.
i.Students can take opportunity in creating solutions for these technologies such as Explore space, Reach Space, Inhabit space, Leverage space etc.
ii.The application will be submitted on the AIM online portal. Each unique solution must be submitted under one theme only.
About Atal Innovation Mission (AIM)
Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) is a flagship initiative set up by the NITI Aayog to promote a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship in the country.
Initiatives of AIM
- Atal Tinkering Lab(ATL)
- Atal Incubation Center(ALC)
- Mentor India
- Atal New India Challenge
- Atal Community Innovation Centre
- Aatmanirbhar Bharat ARISE – Atal New India Challenge (ANIC) Program
Mission Director– Chintan Vaishnav
Giriraj Singh Launches ‘SVAMITVA dashboard’ to monitor implementation of SVAMITVA SchemeOn 14th September 2021, Giriraj Singh, Union Minister for Panchayati Raj and Rural Development launched a dashboard (https://svamitva.nic.in/) during a national level meet – “SVAMITVA Scheme: A Stepping-Stone Towards Upliftment of Rural Economy” in New Delhi.
- The dashboard is set to monitor the implementation of SVAMITVA Scheme, which is targeted to be implemented across India by 2024.
- The dashboard will be used for faster implementation of SVAMITVA Scheme, thereby providing property cards to inhabited lands across rural India.
- Currently, at least five villages per drone team per day are used for framing land records.
- The SVAMITVA scheme is aimed to provide an integrated property validation solution for rural India leveraging property as a financial asset by the citizens with accurate land records for rural planning. The project is also expected to help in determination of property tax; creation of survey infrastructure and GIS map that can be leveraged by any other department for their use and reduce property disputes and legal cases.
Benefits of SVAMITVA Cards:
- Increased Transparency of Land Records in rural India.
- Villagers can avail loans from banks using the Property cards.
About SVAMITVA Scheme:
i.On National Panchayati Raj Day, 24th April 2021, Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched “Survey of Villages Abadi & Mapping with Improvised Technology in Village Areas” (SVAMITVA) Scheme.
ii.The Scheme was established under the Ministry of Panchayati Raj.
Objective – To provide Property cards to legal land owners of the rural inhabited areas, by mapping the lands using drone technology.
About Ministry of Panchayati Raj:
Union Minister – Giriraj Singh (Constituency – Begusarai, Bihar)
Minister of State – Kapil Moreshwar Patil (Constituency – Bhiwandi, Maharashtra)
BLS International partners with NHA to process Ayushman Bharat cards
On 14th September 2021, BLS International, an IT Service Management company, was authorised by the National Health Authority (NHA) for digital processing of ‘Ayushman Bharat cards’ under Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY).
- The cards will enable beneficiaries for cashless & paperless access to health services in Hospitals covered under AB-PMJAY.
- Under AB-PMJAY, Indian government provides a health insurance cover of upto Rs 5 lakhs per family per annum.
ASEAN India Economic Ministers Consultation co-chairs India and Brunei, Ensures support for Post Pandemic EffortsThe 18th Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)- India Economic Ministers Consultation organized under the chairmanship of Anupriya Patel, Minister of State for Commerce and Industry and H.E. DatoDr. Amin Liew Abdullah, Minister of Finance and Economy, Brunei Darussalam. India and Brunei co-chaired the meeting virtually .
Participants– It was attended by the Economic Ministers of all 10 ASEAN countries- Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
- In the meeting, India has given its key focus on the mass vaccination, capacity enhancement and economic initiatives to address the pandemic.
- Reform taken by different sectors such as agriculture, banking insurance, logistics, corporate laws etc were discussed.
- ASEAN- India Trade in Goods Agreement was also discussed.
- ASEAN India Business Council (AIBC) recommended enhancing the ASEAN India economic partnership by investing in potential sectors like health and pharmaceuticals in India.
i.The discussion on ASEAN India Trade in Goods Agreement ( AITIGA) for making it more user- friendly and providing trade facilities to boost investments.
ii.India recommended to set a Joint Committee for the Review of the India ASEAN Services and Investments Agreement
ii.India is the 7th largest trading partner of ASEAN and one of the largest sources of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI).
About Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)
Headquarters– Jakarta, Indonesia
Established– 8 August 1967, Bangkok, Thailand
BANKING & FINANCE
RBI-MAS to link UPI and PayNow; RBI imposes Rs 1 Lakh penalty on Kosamba Mercantile Cooperative Banki.In order to ease cross-border payments between India and Singapore, on September 14, 2021, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) are all set for linkage project under which their respective fast payment systems viz. Unified Payments Interface (UPI) and PayNow will be linked by July 2022.
ii.The apex bank has imposed a monetary penalty of Rs 1 Lakh on the Kosamba Mercantile Co-operative Bank Ltd. located in Kosamba district of Surat, Gujarat after exercising its power under the provisions of section 47 A (1) (c) read with sections 46 (4) (i) and 56 of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949.
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI):
Subsidiaries of RBI:
i.Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation of India (DICGC),
ii.Bharatiya Reserve Bank Note Mudran Private Limited (BRBNMPL),
iii.Reserve Bank Information Technology Private Limited (ReBIT),
iv.Indian Financial Technology and Allied Services (IFTAS)
>>Read Full News
Punjab & Sind Bank ties up with Indiabulls; PNB to sell its 23% stake from CHOICEi.On September 14, 2021, Punjab & Sind Bank (PSB) signed a strategic co-lending alliance with Indiabulls Commercial Credit and Indiabulls Housing Finance Limited (IHFL) for MSME (Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises) and Priority Sector Housing Loans respectively.
ii.PNB is all set to sell its entire stake (23%) in its Canara HSBC OBC Life Insurance (CHOICE). In CHOICE, PNB is the promoter after the amalgamation of Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC) and United Bank of India (UBI) in it in April 2020. Prior to this amalgamation, OBC held a 23% stake in CHOICE.
About Punjab and Sind Bank (PSB):
Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer– S. Krishnan
Tagline– Where service is a way of life
Headquarter– New Delhi
>>Read Full News
UNDP, HDFC and Greater Noida Authority Signed a pact for Dry Waste Management Facility in NoidaThe United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), HDFC Bank and the Greater Noida Industrial Development Authority (GNIDA) signed an agreement to provide facilities to manage up to 300 metric tonnes of dry waste in Noida, Uttar Pradesh.
HDFC Bank is providing financial assistance of Rs 3 crore in setting up of Material Recovery Facility (MRF) in Greater Noida.
- Plastic waste management programme of UNDP will bring a sustainable Infrastructure to dispose waste material and reuse it for different purposes.
- The waste management programme is aligned with ‘’Swachh Bharat Mission’’( Clean India Mission), Solid Waste Management Rules 2016 and Plastic Waste Management ( Amendment) Rules 2018.
- It will enhance India’s efforts to become a low- carbon economy and achieve Paris Agreement targets. The Paris Agreement sets out a global framework to avoid dangerous climate change by limiting global warming to well below 2°C and pursuing efforts to limit it to 1.5°C.
New rules- Plastic Waste Management Amendment Rules 2021
- The manufacture, import, stocking, distribution, sale and use of the identified single-use plastic will be prohibited with effect from the 1st July, 2022.
- The ban will not apply to commodities made of compostable plastic.
- The permitted thickness of the plastic bags, currently 50 microns, will be increased to 75 microns from 30th September, 2021, and to 120 microns from the 31st December, 2022.
About United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Chairman- Achim Steiner
Headquarters- Newyork, United States
Established- 22 February 1965
IndusInd Bank & Escorts Ltd Partnered to Offer Finance to FarmersIndusInd Bank has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Escorts Limited (Escorts Agri Machinery), one of India’s leading automotive engineering companies, to offer financial services to farmers and to make its range of tractors and farm equipment more accessible.
The financial services will be provided in the form of loans or Agri finance solutions.
- The partnership was formalised by Shenu Agarwal CEO of Escorts Agri Machinery and Shiban Kaul, Executive Vice President of IndusInd Bank.
Features of the MoU:
i.This partnership between IndusInd Bank and Escorts Agri Machinery will enable the farmers to invest in modern farm machinery to increase their farm productivity and income.
ii.Under this partnership with IndusInd bank, Escorts aims to provide a transparent, hassle-free, and quick mechanism for farmers to purchase its Agri based products like tractors.
About Escorts limited
CMD– Nikhil Nanda
CEO of Escort Agri Machinery– Shenu Agarwal
Headquarters– Faridabad, Haryana
About IndusInd Bank:
MD & CEO- Sumant Kathpalia
Headquarters– Pune, Maharashtra
Commenced operations in 1994
SEBI levied Rs 1 lakh fine on Employee of Titan for disclosure lapses
Securities and Exchange Board of India(SEBI), the regulatory body for securities and commodity market, has levied a monetary penalty of Rs 1 lakh on Chandan Gupta, an employee of Titan Company Limited for disclosure lapses, in violating the insider trading norms.
- He transacted in the firm’s securities on two occasions in the calendar quarter ending on September 30, 2018. The total value traded was more than Rs 10 lakh.
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
Writer Namita Gokhale receives 7th Yamin Hazarika Woman of Substance Award 2021
Writer Namita Gokhale Receives the 7th Yamin Hazarika Woman of Substance Award for the year 2021 during the virtual ceremony.She is the co-founder and co-director of the Jaipur Literature Festival, Gokhale also mentors Himalayan Echoes and the Kumaon Festival of Literature and the Arts.
- The award was presented by a collective of women professionals from the year 2015, the annual award honours Yamin Hazarika, the first woman from Northeast India to be selected for DANIPS, a federal police service that administered Delhi and the Union Territories in 1977.
Ayaan Shankta from Mumbai Named as “2021 International Young Eco-Hero”
Ayaan Shankta, a 12-year-old environmental activist from Mumbai, Maharashtra has been named as “2021 International Young Eco-Hero”. He won the 3rd prize under the Age Group: 8-14 for his project “Conservation and Rehabilitation of Powai Lake” and became one of the 25 global winners of the Young Eco-Hero Award 2021.
- The award presented by “The Action for Nature”, San Francisco based NGO, recognize young people (8 to 16 years old) for their environmental achievements.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
Satish Parekh Appointed as president of International Road Federation-India
Ashoka Buildcon Managing Director (MD) and promoter Satish Parekh has taken over as the president of International Road Federation (IRF)-India.He Succeeded Subhmay Gangopadhyay, former director of Central Road Research Institute (CRRI).
- IRF headquarter is located in Geneva, Switzerland and IRF-India’s Headquarter is located in New Delhi, Delhi.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
SpaceX launches 51 Starlink broadband satellites
SpaceX launched its first full stack of 51 Starlink broadband (internet) satellites on falcon 9 rocket from Space Launch Complex 4E at Vandenberg Space Force Station in California on September 14.
It is the 22nd Falcon 9 mission for SpaceX so far in 2021 and it was the 90th successful landing to date.
Aim of Starlink programme
i.To provide high-speed internet access to users around the world and the service is targeted to users in remote areas that have little to no connectivity
ii.To help fund its deep-space ambitions.
i.The Starlink satellites are equipped with laser crosslinks to communicate with each other and reducing the constellation’s reliance on Earth
ii.SpaceX began satellite launches in November 2019 and opened its $99 per month beta programme for select customers around a year later
iii.The company aims to launch around 30,000 Starlink satellites into orbit, and expand its user pool to millions of customers.
Space Exploration Technologies Corp is an American aerospace manufacturer, space transportation services and communications company
Founder and CEO: Elon Musk
Founded: 6 May 2002
Headquarters: Hawthorne, California, United States
Sri Lankan Pacer Lashith Malinga retires from all formats of cricket
Sri Lankan fast bowler Lasith Malinga announced his retirement from all forms of cricket.He retired from Test cricket in 2011 and ODI in 2019.
Contribution to Sri Lanka
Malinga played 30 Tests, 226 ODIs and 84 T20Is.
He picked 546 wickets (101 in Tests, 338 in ODIs and 107 in T20Is) across formats.
i.He led Sri Lanka T20 team to victory in the 2014 World Cup.
ii.He is the only bowler to take 4 wickets in 4 balls in a row on two occasions in international cricket and to take 3 ODI hat-tricks and two in T20I cricket.
iii.First bowler to take 100 and 150 wickets in the history of Indian Premier League.
i.He represented Mumbai Indian since 2008 in Indian Premier League (IPL)
ii.He also represented in Melbourne Stars, Kent Cricket Club, Rangpur Riders, Guyana Warriors, Maratha Arabians and Montreal Tigers.
Eminent Kashmiri Writer Sahitya Akademi winner Dr Aziz Hajini Passed AwaySahitya Akademi winner Dr Abdul Aziz Parrey (Pen Name- Aziz Hajini), an eminent Kashmiri writer, poet, and critic passed away in Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir (J&K). He hails from Hajin-Sonawari, Bandipora district, J&K.
- He won the Sahitya Akademi Award (criticism) in 2016 for his book ‘Aane Khane’ written in Kashmiri.
- He has also won the Sahitya Akademi Translation Award in 2013 for Za Gaz Zameen, Kashmiri translation of Abdul Samad’s Urdu novel Do Gaz Zameen.
About Aziz Hajini:
i.Aziz Hajini has served as the secretary of the Jammu and Kashmir Academy of Art, Culture, and Languages.
ii.He has also served as a member of the Sahitya Akademi from 1997 to 2002 and later served as the convenor of the Sahitya Akademi for Kashmiri languages.
iii.He has authored several books in Kashmiri, which include poetry and criticism.
iv.He has translated various Kashmiri books into English to promote Kashmiri literature.
Some of his Books:
- Paer Zaan
- Asi Chi Puran Hamsayan tal
- Me and My Animal
Ukrainian Hammer Thrower & 2 times Olympic Gold Medalist Yuriy Sedykh Passed AwayDouble Olympic hammer throw gold medallist Yuriy Sedykh, a Ukrainian track and field athlete who represented the Soviet Union until 1991, has passed away in Moscow, Russia.
- He was born on 11th June 1955 in the Russian Soviet Federative Socialist Republic(SFSR), Soviet Union.
- He set the world record for the hammer throw with a throw of 86.74 metres at the European Championships in Stuttgart in 1986 which is still not broken.
About Yuriy Sedykh:
i.Yuriy Sedykh, who is considered the greatest hammer thrower of modern times, has set 6 world records and won 3 Olympic medals (2 gold and 1 silver).
ii.He won his first gold medal at the 1976 Olympics in Montreal and his second gold at the 1980 Olympics in Moscow.
iii.He won a silver medal at the 1988 Olympics in Seoul.
iv.He won the World Championship title at the 1991 championships held in Tokyo.
International Day of Democracy 2021 – September 15The United Nations(UN)’s International Day of Democracy is annually observed across the globe on September 15th to provide an opportunity to review the state of democracy across the globe.
The day also promotes democratic principles, values of freedom, and respect for human rights.
i.The United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) adopted the resolution A/RES/62/7 on 8th November 2007 and proclaimed the 15th September of every year as the International Day of Democracy.
ii.The first-ever International Day of Democracy was observed on 15th September 2008.
Why September 15?
The day marks the adoption of the Universal Declaration on Democratic by the Inter-Parliamentary Union(IPU) on 15th September 1997.
About Inter-Parliamentary Union(IPU):
The IPU is the global organization of national parliaments.
President– Duarte Pacheco
Secretary-General– Martin Chungong
Headquarters– Geneva, Switzerland
Established in 1889
>>Read Full News
National Engineers Day 2021 – September 15National Engineers Day is annually observed across India on September 15th to mark the birth anniversary of eminent Engineer, Bharat Ratna Sir Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya.
The day commemorates the achievements of engineers and encourages them for improvement and innovation.
Sri Lanka and Tanzania also celebrates Engineers day to honour Sir M Visvesvaraya’s innovations.
- The 15th September 2021 marks the observance of the 54th National Engineers Day.
- The National Engineers day 2021 marks the 160th birth anniversary of Sir Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya who was born on 15th September 1861 in Muddenahalli village, Karnataka.
i.The government of India declared the birth anniversary of Sir Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya as National Engineers day.
ii.The first-ever National Engineers Day was observed on 15th September 1968.
About The Institution of Engineers (India), (IEI):
President– Er Narendra Singh
Secretary & Director General– Maj Gen Mohan Jeet Singh Syali
Headquarters– Kolkata, West Bengal
Established in 1920
>>Read Full News
MGNREGA Entitlement Awareness Week – 27th August to 2nd September 2021
The States and Union Territories (UTs) across India organised the MGNREGA Entitlement Awareness Week from 27th August to 2nd September 2021, as a part of the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav.
- The MGNREGA Entitlement Awareness Week was organised to create awareness among workers about their rights and entitlements under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act(MGNREGA) 2005.
- This will enable the beneficiaries to gain maximum advantage from the MGNREGA scheme.
J&K LG Manoj Sinha Launched Digital Banking Mission – “One Gram Panchayat-One DIGI-Pay Sakhi” Manoj Sinha, Lieutenant Governor (LG) of Jammu and Kashmir(J&K), launched a digital banking mission “One Gram Panchayat-One DIGI-Pay Sakhi” at the event organised at the Jammu & Kashmir Entrepreneurship Development Institute(JKEDI), Pampore, Pulwama, J&K.
- The mission aims to promote door-to-door digital banking and financial service in remote areas of J&K.
About the mission:
i.Under this mission, the DIGI Pay facility will be provided to more than 2000 remote villages of J&K.
ii.In the first phase, 80 women from the Self Help Groups (SHGs) across J&K Divisions have been selected as DIGI Pay Sakhis.
iii.The DIGI Pay Sakhi has introduced financial inclusion within J&K’s SHG ecosystem, by creating financial access points with transparency in remote areas.
iManoj Sinha also distributed 80 Aadhaar Enabled Payment Systems (AEPs) among the DIGI-Pay Sakhis under the Jammu & Kashmir Rural Livelihoods Mission (JKRLM).
ii.He also inaugurated a week-long training program for Krishi Sakhis and Pashu Sakhis on sustainable agriculture and livestock management.
iii.He also directed the JKRLM to train the DIGI Pay Sakhis in 360-degree financial services training courses offered by the BSE in J&K.
iv.He also stated that the 3 new initiatives of DIGI Pay, Krishi, and Pashu Sakhi and other women empowerment programs like Hausla, Tejaswini, UMEED, Rise Together will speed up the efforts of the J&K government to empower women and make them a part of the development of J&K.
About Jammu & Kashmir(J&K):
Lt Governor– Manoj Sinha
Festivals– Hemis Festival; Sindhu Darshan Festival
Dance forms– Wuegi-Nachun; Bacha Nagma; Bhand Jashan
Assam govt Signs Agreement with SIDBI to set up an Innovation Fund to Promote Start-upsThe Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) in association with the Assam Government launched an innovation fund to promote start-ups. Under the Cluster Development Fund(CDF) an agreement of Rs 350 crore was signed between Chairman cum Managing Director of SIDBI Sivasubramanian Ramann Principal Secretary of Industries and Commerce and Public Enterprises K K Dwivedi in the presence of the Chief Minister.
- It will promote ‘One district- One- product initiative‘ .
- Under this fund a critical gap in infrastructure and logistics will be plugged to promote identified products in each district for export.
- SIDBI will also promote Self Help Groups (SHGs) to the enterprises level and bring them into the formal sector of economy.
- SIDBI will propose a fund and use its venture capital subsidiary to manage the fund in order to promote innovation in start-ups.
About Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI):
Established- 2 April 1990
Headquarters- Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
Chairman and Managing Director- Sivasubramanian Ramann
Airport– Lilabari Airport, Silchar Airport
Ramsar site– Deepor Beel (2002)
Festival– Me-Dum-Me-Phi, Baishagu, Ambubachi Mela
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 16 September 2021|
|1||Women will be allowed to enter National Defence Academy, Centre informs SC|
|2||Skyroot Aerospace, a 1st spacetech startup to sign Framework MoU up with DOS|
|3||MoA&FW signs 5 MOUs with private companies to initiate pilot projects for Digital Agriculture|
|4||MoT sanctions Rs 200 cr for tourism development in NE region|
|5||Atal Innovation Mission launches Space Challenge for Indian school students in collaboration with ISRO & CBSE|
|6||Centre unveils SVAMITVA dashboard to monitor implementation of land records digitization|
|7||BLS International ties up National Health Authority to process Ayushman Bharat cards across India|
|8||ASEAN India Economic Ministers Consultation co-chairs India and Brunei, Ensures support for Post Pandemic Efforts|
|9||RBI-MAS to link UPI and PayNow; RBI imposes Rs 1 Lakh penalty on Kosamba Mercantile Cooperative Bank|
|10||Punjab & Sind Bank ties up with Indiabulls; PNB to sell its 23% stake from CHOICE|
|11||UNDP, HDFC and Greater Noida Authority Signed a pact for Dry Waste Management Facility in Noida|
|12||Escorts ties up with IndusInd Bank for finance to farmers|
|13||Sebi levies fine on Titan Company employee for disclosure lapses|
|14||Namita Gokhale selected for 7th Yamin Hazarika Woman of Substance Award|
|15||Ayaan Shankta from Mumbai Named as “2021 International Young Eco-Hero”|
|16||Satish Parekh named as International Road Federation India president|
|17||SpaceX launches 51 Starlink broadband satellites|
|18||Sri Lankan Pacer Lashith Malinga retires from all formats of cricket|
|19||Eminent Kashmiri Writer Sahitya Akademi winner Dr Aziz Hajini Passed Away|
|20||Double Olympian Gold medalist Yuriy Sedykh dies aged 66|
|21||International Day of Democracy 2021 – September 15|
|22||National Engineer’s Day – September 15 2021|
|23||MGNREGA Entitlement Awareness Week conducted nationally as part of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav|
|24||J&K Lt G Manoj Sinha Launched Digital Banking Mission – “One Gram Panchayat-One DIGI-Pay Sakhi”|
|25||Assam govt Signs Agreement with SIDBI to set up an Innovation Fund to Promote Start-ups|